You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: God Manifesting as Orbs

Real Ghost Stories

God Manifesting as Orbs

 

On August 12 or 13, 2004, I had been watching the Perseid meteor shower with my friends and children in a rural community on the outskirts of Houston, Texas. I was not drinking nor was I using any drugs. Things had slowed down after a few hours and everyone went into my home.

I walked back out into my front yard by myself. All the lights were still out from watching the meteor shower, and the only light was from the kitchen area of my house, which I could see behind the drapes. That's it... Other than that it was very dark outside.

Suddenly, these balls of light appeared (the "orbs" that so many people are photographing), they were the size of softballs and some were clear and some were opaque and many shades in between.

My first thought was that I had something on my glasses, some moisture that was causing a visual anomaly, and so I took my glasses off and began cleaning them with my shirt. As I did this, I noticed of course that I could still see the orbs and that it was not a smudge or something causing the effect.

My next thought was that I was having some sort of brain aneurysm... I mean, the balls of light were everywhere and were swirling around... I thought that it was a hallucination. But then I saw that the balls of light were literally illuminating an outbuilding that I was about 25' from. Imagine a thousand unseen children playing with flashlights... That is what it looked like as the lights shown on the walls of the building.

Okay, I know how this next part sounds. I know that it sounds crazy, and I have questioned my sanity many times since this, particularly with all that has followed. I may well be crazy, but I swear on my soul that I am telling the truth. I was a practicing attorney when this happened. I have given up the law, and given up most of what I owned (several homes, boats, other properties, etc.,) because this was the most important event of my life... And I want to understand it.

Suddenly, I knew that I was in the presence of god. I was an agnostic who was actually just a lazy atheist who did not feel like arguing with people about it. I knew that god was just an invention, and that everything could be explained scientifically.

In that moment, I knew absolutely that I was wrong. I knew that I was in the presence of god... And I felt so ashamed. I also felt this INTENSE love, something so strong and pure that it is difficult to describe, emanating from the presence... Pure love. Pure compassion. Pure adoration.

I began telling god that She/He (it seemed androgynous) had made a terrible mistake, that I was not worthy of this love that I was being showered with... I told god that I was a bad person and that I was maybe one of the worst people ever. I literally said "You must be lost. You have the wrong girl... you're at the wrong house..." and in hindsight, I cannot believe that I told god She/He was lost... But I think that She/He was a little amused by it, because there was a great tenderness and ultimate understanding and compassion in the voice that then said to me "I created you... I am you..."

Now that is an exact quote. I can relate the rest of what was said to me, but I cannot give an exact quote. I was told that I had come from the stars (or "out there") and that I would be "coming home" soon. I was also told that I had once been a part of all the love and lights that was surrounding me, and that I would be a part of it again.

Then something fell through the limbs of the oak tree behind me and I was startled (remember, I had been watching meteors earlier) and ran inside. When I realized that what I had heard was most likely an acorn I walked back outside but the lights were gone.

That was not the first supernatural event I have witnessed, but it was the first time that I could not just say "oh, that must have been my imagination"...and it was definitely the first in a long series of EXTREMELY bizarre events.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cass, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Cass (1 stories) (16 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-13)
"Are you sure you were an atheist? It almost reads like someone claiming to be someone he's not."

I described myself as an agnostic/lazy atheist... And by that I mean that I did not give much thought to the possibility of God... I thought of God as a crutch for people who could not cope with this life being all there is.

I was wrong.

This happened nearly 5 years ago, and I've seen a lot of supernatural activity (holy grail, saw "top hat guy", Jesus and Mary) and been deeply affected by it all.

I have beliefs based on what I've seen that are not shared by the general public... I believe there is a literal war between Good and Evil going on; and that the teachings of Jesus were adulterated to trick people into worshipping Evil.

Christians are told that they must believe every word of the Bible or else... This should be a giant red flag. I know from spending 30 seconds with God that sHe would not threaten us for questioning and striving to find the Truth.

But there are dark forces at work who don't want you to know the truth, which is (imo):

God is Love. But God has an opposite.

Look within your heart to know Good from Evil...don't rely on a book compiled and edited by humans seeking power over you.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
This is an amazing story. Although I would agree these events are of God, I would also agree that all events are of God. In the presence of the meteor shower, an occurance that is fairly rare, it is possible that the energy assited in the other occurance with the orbs,

God Bless!
Jackets (3 stories) (71 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
This is definietly an interesting story. Obviously you are the only one who can say what you thought it was. If you felt it was God, then that's what it was to you. I am not an overly religious person, but I will say that it is a possibility.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
Are you sure you were an atheist? It almost reads like someone claiming to be someone he's not.
juliekatt (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-30)
Oh, and if you have myspace add me: http://www.myspace.com/suicide_blues
juliekatt (2 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-30)
Hi, I don't know if you check your comments on here still but I have been reading your posts about Top Hat Guy. I have seen Top Hat Guy too. I saw him in 2004 in Wilburton, OK. I tried to forget about him for awhile but now I think I need to find out what he is. I wrote about everything I remember of him on my blog: http://psychicwerecat.wordpress.com/2008/11/29/the-top-hat-guy/

If you get this please comment my blog. I want to try and talk to you on email if we can.
Abby (710 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-15)
Dear Cass,

No disrespect to you or this website, as I did not mean to forget that the sister sites of this site have very informative articles that may help you greatly. I of course meant that from my own personal point of view I cannot recommend sites that reflect my own level and belief system to another who is beginning their journey. I hope this is clearer and sounds less offensive to all. I will now accept my promo fees. ;)

Blessings, Abby
Abby (710 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-15)
Dear Cass,

I am sorry for the miscommunication, I meant that your story was more related to the other subjects I listed in my first comment than to orbs and ghost stories of this site.

I sense that first "you" personally have to research the things you think are going on in your life on your own and get some centering about this based on your own spirit level and belief system.

At this time I cannot recommend any sites my own belief system would support for a beginner, as many sites are ones I do not believe in, as they are mostly for pure social pleasure and entertainment, promotion, recruitment, consumption, power, greed, fame, excessive profit and personal gain and agendas (and so forth). These are fine for their purpose, but I would not recommend them for advancement of spiritual or spirit's awareness. I would like to recommend you follow your gut instinct, common sense and always keep your power while on your quest to return to your "self". That is but my opinion, as always it is up to you to choose to accept what I have to say and to take all, some or nothing of what I say here. The choice is, as always yours.

Will await your other stories and thank you in advance for sharing.

Welcome to this site, and may your journey "be" as you create it to "be".
Blessings, -Abby
Cass (1 stories) (16 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-14)
"I believe your story about orbs and finding out who you are as a being from the stars is more related to the subject of UFO's, starpeople, wanderers, and the human word, alien(s)..."

Abby,

I believe that you may be right. But remember all that I have done is tell the truth about what happened to me. And the presence DID say, "I created you"...and it surely felt like god. I cannot imagine anything more intense... It was emotional euphoria. And at the time, not only did I not believe in god, I also of course did not believe in aliens or space-people. Now the idea that god is some sort of space-person? Impossible. (Unless it's not. )

Thanks for the heads up regarding "wanderers, and the human word" -that sounds intriguing.

If we're allowed to post links to other sites, do you have any you could recommend?

In the mean time, I am going to start writing about the very first paranormal incident I had. It happened in the summer of 2000 and involved a strange neon green cube in the sky, scrolling stars, and lost time. The neat thing about it is that I had lost touch with the friend who was with me during that camping trip, but I emailed her and asked her to write down what she remembers about the night. With only a slight difference or two, she recalls the exact same things that I do from that night seven years ago. I of course won't include any information about who she is, but I will include pertinent excerpts of her account also.
Abby (710 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-13)
Dear Cass,

I believe your story about orbs and finding out who you are as a being from the stars is more related to the subject of UFO's, starpeople, wanderers, and the human word, alien(s). I would suggest to you to be careful where you tread in these waters, especially if you have been questioned. I would suggest you research these other above subjects I have mentioned. As in all things, proceed with caution. Blessings, Abby
Cass (1 stories) (16 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-12)
Okay, I'll submit the events individually.

However, I would like to post a quick timeline right now as I am not sure how many of these events will be published...I'm not sure that they all fit into this site.

But for accuracy sake, here goes:

Summer 2000: Was camping on the beach when a friend and I saw an odd, bright green cube in the sky. Then suddenly, the STARS STARTED SCROLLING quickly across the sky (I have thought and thought, and there is just no other way to describe it). This lasted for nearly five minutes or so. Then we noticed that we had "lost time".

September 10, 2001: That night, a friend saw a strange "boxcar" looking thing floating over my house. She ran to get me, and I saw it too. No idea what it was, but eerie timing.

July 4, 2004: While shooting off bottlerockets with my children and their friends, I saw a large aircraft flying extremely low overhead. What made it unusual was that there was a very large room beneath the airplane made of what appeared to be solid glass. The interior was brightly illuminated, with people inside walking around or sitting at what may have been computer or large electronics consoles. They were dressed in all black, with black caps. Two neighborhood children saw the same thing. No one else seemed to notice.

August 12 or 13, 2004: God event written about above. (i've recently learned that August 13 is the Feast of Diana, also called, I think, The Feast of LANTERNS. Weird.

September 13, 2004: Interviewed by DIA.

Early October 2004: Cold Fusion event that I may detail later.

Skipping ahead a bit...

February 9, 2005: made a post consisting of one word "FATIMA" on a forum I'm a member of. Could not remember making the post the next day... And did not even know what Fatima referred to at the time.

February 11,2005: What I call "the crop circle lights" appeared over my home and made the same geometric pattern repeatedly. Lasted for over two hours. At least two dozen people saw and photos were taken. I just recently found out that February 11, 1917, was the date that the three Fatima children were imprisoned and something else happened concerning Fatima on that date in 1917 that I can't recall at the moment.

February 11, 2005: Sister Lucia dies. She was the last surviving child of Fatima, the other two dying a few years after the event. I want to point out that I am not Catholic and had almost no knowledge of Fatima, but what I am saying is verifiable.

Easter 2005: had first OBE in my life. Involved what I suspect may have been the so-called "holy grail", as well as seeing a woman with long dark hair and a small boy. Very surreal. But I have met one other person who had a dream very similar in detail to my OBE.

Skiupping ahead again...

Easter 2006, saw large white cross in the sky, all by itself. My son saw it also and we were amazed. It was standing upright over the river, and was like nothing else I have evr seen. I posted about it on another forum I belong to, and recently looked up the post and checked the date. I knew that it had not happened on Easter, but checked the date and was literally shocked to find out that it happened on Orthodox Easter Sunday.

Skipping...

January 11, 2006: Saw the man in the Top Hat for the first time. Wow. Now there's a story.

Throughtout 2006/2007: Have seen Top Hat Man several times.

Okay, I have left a few things out, but that is the gist. I'll submit the stories as I can. All true. All weird. Maybe you guys can help me make a little sense of it.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-11)
Cass, please feel free to share your stories with us. I would think it would be better if you told them individual as stories instead of posting them in your response section. But that is just my honest opinion.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Qtgrly111 (2 stories) (58 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-11)
I don't know what to think on this one, but it really is a neat event. The orbs could have been angels, you should post the story at this site too
http://www.spiritual-experiences.com/
Cass (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-11)
Thanks for the comments guys. As a quick point, I was and am in Texas... I WISH that I was in the Virgin Islands. I must have hit the wrong tab or something.

This event was the first in a series of what I like to call Otherness. Most of it supernatural, but not all. As an example, and I am absolutely serious, an agent with the Defense Intelligence Agency requested a meeting with me less than a month after this event.

Actually, he requested September 11, 2004, (of all days!) but that was a Saturday and so I said that I would meet with him on the following Monday.

A month after that meeting, something both apparently scientifically unusual and supernatural happened. A fairly quick succession of paranormal events followed.

On January 11, 2006, I saw the Top Hat Man for the first time. I was with several other people, everyone saw him, and he did not appear as a shadow at all. He was very easy to see... I mean, he was GLOWING.

I'm not sure whether I should just talk about all these things here in the comments section, or submit them individually as stories.

But, either way, thanks so much for listening/reading. Talking about it helps.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-10)
True most people do not associate orbs with the Divine. They are usually associated with the spirits of those on another plane of existance. Cass's statements sound like she is more in line now with the Gnostic thinking than the Agnostic. But once again what she seen could have been just a personal experience and one only she could have seen.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-10)
Hey Cass, I don't think that you're crazy because God does whatever he needs to do to save you. I think that you likely experienced something under him because I mean when he makes something happen like that, you know that it has to do with his love, glory and how much he wants you to love him so that you will be something and not nothing in this world. Well, I hope that after what happened, you start to trust him and stop believing that you are crazy because of it. Well, good luck
Martin (602 posts) mod
+2
17 years ago (2007-06-09)
Thanks Cass for this inspiring story, I couldn't help but see some similarity with this other orb story we have:

http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=307

You may want to check the whole Orbs / Light category also for other stories like this one:

http://www.yourghoststories.com/ghost-stories-categories.php?category=7&page=1

Most do not have that intense spiritual connotation though.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: