You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: My First Sighting Of A Demon

Real Ghost Stories

My First Sighting Of A Demon

 

This is my first posting of my spiritual encounters. I don't believe in the term 'ghost', but I do believe in 'spirits.' Feeling the presence of spirits and having spiritual encounters have never been out of the ordinary for me and at this point nothing is unbelievable to me when it comes to spirits.

I was living in my first apartment and I am not sure of the correct terminology for this, but I was "frozen." I was awakened out of my sleep and was not able to move, speak, or anything! Before this happens I get a tingling feeling all over.

However, I was advised to pray when this happens so that's what I did. As I was praying I caught a glimpse of what I know was a demon running out of my room and in my spirit I feel as if it headed straight out of my apartment. The power of prayer!

I used to get 'frozen' on a regular basis and after experiencing this I now know that when this happens it is an attack of an evil spirit. I now say out loud "any spirits that are not of the Lord Jesus Christ, you have to leave in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ."

When I was younger I used to always tell my parents and sister that I would get 'frozen.' One night I was awoken out of my sleep and was unable to move or speak.

At the time I and my sister shared a room and her bed and my bed were across the room from each others. While I was being 'frozen' I felt myself being turned in my bed and my upper body being hung off of the edge of the bed.

When I was released I called my sister's name and asked her could I sleep in her bed for the rest of the night. She told me yes because she saw this huge black figure hovering over my bed. Obviously, the huge black figure that she saw was the thing that had me unable to move or talk.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, starbeams, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Elle0309 (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-24)
Wow, Starbeams, this story sounds so much like what happened to me when I was about 15 years old. Down to sleeping in the same room as my sister and after the attack, my sister said she had seen the evil spirit hovering over me on my bed. Isn't it crappy that these spirits have to attack you when you are the most vulnerable? I pray at night for Jesus to protect me and I usually sleep soundly.
mitch0o (3 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
Like some other comments stands, this is clearly a case of sleep paralysis. Futhermore, sleep paralysis is sometimes accompains of hallucinations, and medical litterature states that many of thoses hallucinations looks likes ghost or demon. Many people thinks it's a demon attack (or a succubus\ incubus intercourse...), but it's all the brain in actions. Some diseases, like narcolepsy can make this kind of trouble more frequent.
Chrisulm (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
This also happens to me sometimes, its realy freaky.
I wake up in the middle of the night and I can't move at all, my hearts racing, I feel pressure on my bod, and after about 3 minutes of freaking out inside my head I regain control, I have never seen or heard anything during these attacks, I also never wanted to look I open my eyes for about 10 seconds then go back to sleep.
robertar (223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-29)
Sleep paralysis. I used to have it a lot like you. Suspect it is natural but spirits can use it to scare you. Like you I learned to rely on name and power of Jesu Christo, Lords messiah. They stopped bugging me like that.

It's a bit more convincing when a witness confirms the experience.
kallieanna (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-27)
woahhh that's soo scary! Seems as if this is a possesive sort of thing.
Mabs_Sith_Lord (72 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-27)
Hi, thanks for sharing your story. I believe that what you were experiencing was indeed a demonic attack. Sleep paralysis is real, so you can never overrule it. But so is old hag syndrome or night attacks. I too used to suffer from this since childhood and into my adult life, although I haven't had an attack in the last few years.

We need to unnderstand that demons have this inbred hatred of humans. By demons I mean malicious spirits, I believe there are also 'good' spirits but that is another story.

Do you still suffer from these attacks?

My advice would be for you to pray, which you already to thankgod! But remember thhiis tip carefully; try to sleep on your right at all times, or very least left. DO NOT SLEEP ON YOUR BACk! We are more prone to attacks when we lie face up. It gives demons ammunition. If you need more explanation, I can assist you further.

Take care!
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-26)
I would chalk this up to being sleep paralysis most times. I get sleep paralysis a lot but it is not always due to the paranormal, sometimes it is but mostly it isn't. The time your sister saw the black mass hovering over you, that sounds paranormal. The other times it could be just the medical reason.
HardToScare432 (1 stories) (72 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-26)
Where I'm from, this state of 'frozen' is called Old Hag. You have to nail a shingle on your shirt or put a shingle/piece of wood on your chest. Hahaha!

It must of been scary! Have you gotten over it? Does this state of 'frozen' continue to happen?
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-26)
It sounds like you have a case of sleep paralysis there. My question for you is, when you saw the demon, how did you know it was a demon? What did it look like? I know it may have scared you, and that's a very logical emotional response; but did you sense any vibes coming from this so called demon? If you didn't see something weird, I would have just called this your regular sleep paralysis case.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: