You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: Did We Leave Somebody Behind?

Real Ghost Stories

Did We Leave Somebody Behind?

 

I have experienced quiet a lot in my auntie's house now, but I am going to share one of the strangest. The only people living in her house is her, her son & her dog.

One day me, my auntie and her son went down town for the day, both the back door, front door and kitchen door was locked (the dog was locked in the kitchen), and the living room door was shut, tight. My auntie is also a cleaning freak, so in her living room her ash tray was right at the back of the window sill.

Did We Leave Somebody Behind?

Besides, when we got back, the kitchen door was still locked, but the back door was wide open, nobody else has got a key and there is no other way you can get into the back garden. When we turned the living door was open and my auntie went in a went "oh sue (the dog) what have you done this for?!" and I asked her "what has she done?", she told me that the ash tray was all over the sofa, but then I thought and said "Dawn, how could the dog of done that?, the kitchen door was locked, she couldn't open the kitchen door and the living door".

So that is one of my experience's I wanted to share, please comment!

Any suggestions would be great because most recently both me and my auntie experienced something else, but stranger... As I mentioned earlier, my auntie has to clean, well before she went to work, she cleaned her sofa, and when she got back and I got back from going out, we entered the living room and there was a weird hand print on the sofa, it was white and you could see the finger lines in it, but, it couldn't of been human, it had three fingers and a thumb coming out of one of the fingers, strange.

You may think this was my cousin, but how could it of been when he was me the whole day?

Thanks for reading!, I'll share other experiences as soon as I can!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, xXxDanii2k19xXx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Crestal126 (74 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-10)
Well there are some dogs out there that can open doors by them selves and some one might of put there hand on the couch and only three fingers came up.

Other then that I can't give you any more advice.
lp2298 (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
Hmm. It looks like it could have been a hoax. Anyone else have access to the house? It looks like a bunch of different human parts. Some of a foot, some of a hand. The middle part looks like it was a few different pieces of a few fingers. Easy to replicate.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-17)
xXxDanii - wait, I missed this. You also said, in your story, that the Living Room door was open when y'all returned, yet your comment said "living room door shut." Still just trying to get the facts straight, still trying to rule out intruders.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-17)
xXxDanii - thank you for all the updates. I just have a question, to make sure we have all the facts straight. In your story, you said the back door was wide open when y'all returned. In your comments, you said the back door was locked, top and bottom.

Can't wait to see what the medium told your auntie.
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
Yeah, I'm having to side with the other posters hear about beefing up the locks and security on the house. It sounds like you got a lucky break as far as a possible theft.

Peace
JustCurious
Madyrina (68 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
I have to agree that it's probably not paranormal. Get some good locks on those doors and windows. If nothing was stolen it could be that the intruder got scared away by something; you and your family coming home or the dog barking to get out, and left though the back door.

Miracles51031: good catch on the picture!
The "finger lines?" It looks like a leather couch, leather has "lines"

But paranormal or not someone intruding into you're space when your not there is creepy and worrisome.

Good luck ❤
darkbunny209 (2 stories) (17 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
Wow creepy, very creepy no wait let me change that VERY VERY VERY CREEPY you know the hand thing that was creepy.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
i think it is a human print. If you turn the picture onto its side and look at it I can clearly see a human print. What could have happened was the ash fluffed over the sofa and kind of dusted it and revealed old marks. Like how they test for finger prints. I don't know how that would have occured but I think that is how the print showed up
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
Sorry I just have to add something. If you have a dog... Read about his breed please. Make sure you know about how to treat your type of dog, they are all different. My type of dog will break through a kitchen to get out... All I ask... Care for your dog because he will give his life for you on the end of the day. Trix. ❤
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
Danii: I agree with others, your Auntie needs to secure her home a bit better... I don't find anything paranormal in either part of your account, sorry...

Also, (I'm about to beat a dead horse here) I have had several toy friends, and I absolutely would not allow them outside all day... Their little bodies are very fragile, and they need a controlled climate to remain healthy... Unless the temperature outside is "room temperature", leaving them out in just merely chilly weather can cause them to become chilled and therefore ill, and adversely, they overheat much more rapidly than bigger dogs...

And Cosmo, I have the "wee-pads"😆...
animefreak (7 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
maybe its those ghosts who like to play with you and just spoil and loose things for you orrrr it might be a child ghost just playing with you I would suggest a EPV recording 😊
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
Gotta agree with everyone else that this sounds more like a non-paranormal issue than a ghost. Change the locks in the house and keep them locked! Get dead bolts. If there is a trusted neighbor or two, ask them to keep an eye on the house. Ask the police to drive by every so often. Keep lights on near any possible entrance. Intruders are less inclined to break in well-lit house. Especially a house that is being observed.
Off the main topic now. C'mon yall. Think before throwing around accusations of being mean to dogs. There are any number of reasons why a dog is left inside when the humans are out. Cosmo touched on one with the toy breed comment. There is a lady down here with a toy chihauhau she let outside. It was attacked by a hawk. You don't let a toy breed outside without supervision. They're tasty to predators. Even a larger breed can be dangerous to leave alone outside, especially intelligent breeds who are good at escaping fences. Had that problem with one of my guys recently and he stayed inside until we got the fence to where even he couldn't find a way out. And believe me, he tried.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
LOL it's funny Jav becuase people who are used to having big dogs are so used to caring for them differently. They need lots of space and exercise, the itty bitty ones are more content with hanging out on the sofa watching tv all day. 😆 😆
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
[at] Cosmo,
You're absolutely right, I never thought about the wee-wee pads because my dogs are semi-large ones.
My apologies to the author for that little lecture.

Jav
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
Hello and thanks for sharing your story. I can see what Miracles is saying about the boot print and with that a theory popped into my head. Is there a man living in the house also. I ask because my husband is famouse for putting his feet up on the furniture to tie his boots/sneakers. Could it be possible that your uncle, cousin, or other male in the house put his foot up to tie his boot and then left out the back door leaving it open?

Just a little point about the dog, if the dog is small enough people put down wee wee pads when they have to go out. My aunt has a toy poodle named Lucy. Both my aunt and uncle work and Lucy stays in the house until they come home. She does get her park time, and yard time which she loves, but they won't leave her outside when they are not at home.

😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
xXxDanii - OMG! The picture isn't of a handprint LOL. It's a boot print. Look at it a little bit closer. If you look at the top of what you think are the fingerprints, you can see the treadmarks of the heel of the boot.

I'd print this picture out and look at it a little bit closer. But from my computer, this is the heel of a boot print. If it is a boot print, I'd suggest taking it to the police.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
xXxDanii - just throwing my 2 cents in with Trix and Jav. Sorry to say this isn't paranormal. Sorry because it appears, to me anyway, that someone broke in through the window and knocked the ashtray off the window sill. Handprint on the couch is from the cigarette ashes. Back door - exit for the intruders. I'd rather have a ghost than someone breaking into my home.

If your aunt doesn't have locks on her windows, I'd suggest she install them NOW! If she already has locks, she should start using them. Someone already knows a way in.

BTW, ashes and butts left in ashtrays near curtains. Big no-no. Fire! We've recently touched on the topic of things that cause house fires. This is one of them. Even if the cigarettes are out, they can still be smouldering. Not a good idea to leave them near the curtains.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
xXxDanii2k19xXx,
First of all, the back door being open would have had me on the phone to the cops. Especially if all of you were certain that it was securely locked when you left. Thieves know lots of ways to jimmy a lock and get in, and unless it was dead bolted shut, it's a good bet it's just an invitation to those with bad intentions.
Secondly, the ashtray on the window sill being dumped all over the sofa? You said your Auntie was a "cleaning freak". This is a sad stain on that reputation if you ask me. Leaving an ashtray with ashes and butts in it on a window sill, or anywhere for that matter, is not the sign of a clean house/room, it's a very bad sign actually.
Third, the hand print is just as easily explained as the lock. Unless there are more tangible signs that anything is haunting the sofa or the backdoor, I'd say the same as Trix said... Invest in some good sturdy deadbolt locks and use them. Don't leave ashes and butts on a window sill near a sofa or drapes.
Lastly, I believe I'll just have to agree with Trix on your Aunties choice of leaving a dog locked inside all day. That's a no-no. Give the dog a break (a potty break), preferably more than once a day. Or let it be outdoors for heavens sake.
I'm sorry, but going straight for a paranormal cause in these instances you've laid out just doesn't make sense. See, the idea is to eliminate ALL other probable causes for what has occurred at your Aunties house, I just don't feel that was done in this case.

Jav
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
Hi xXxDanii2k19xXx, I don't know what happened there at your aunties house that day, but if it was me I would change the locks just to make sure that nobody can have access to the house. I might be right, I might be wrong, but I think someone is not playing tricks on you. To make a print like that is easy. If you want to know how I will tell you.
One thing that bothers me most is the fact that she locked the dog into the kitchen for the whole day. I can't understand why she doesn't leave him in the back garden where nobody can get in. Is the dog trained to stay alone in the kitchen, and where is he then supposed to relive himself? Where was the dog when you arrived home? I would just never put such stress onto my dog to lock it up into such a small space. Trix.
darkfantum (44 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
that is realy a realy creepy story and it could possibly be a supernatural creture

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: