You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Is My Mom Still With Us?

Real Ghost Stories

Is My Mom Still With Us?

 

Most of the following events occurred in my family's house in Iowa. The first odd thing that happened was a couple years after my mom died. We were at my brother's band concert and my dad was above us standing on a balcony. I was sitting with my grandma and a family friend. I turned around and looked over my dad's shoulder and said, "That woman looks just like my mommy." My grandma turned around and looked, but there was no one behind ny dad. I was too young to have any recollection of this, but I know because my grandma told my dad.

The second odd thing occured about six years ago. I fell asleep in the hallway in the middle of summer and it was really hot up there. I suddenly woke up and I was freezing. I got up and walked about 3 feet away and it was so hot I could hardly breathe. I walked back to the spot where I had fallen asleep and it was just as hot as the rest of the hallway.

I'm not sure how long ago this was, but it was the only occurrence that my dad, brother, sister, and I all saw. We had recently bought one of those Robosapiens and after messing with him, we turned him off and left him in the kitchen with his remote right next to him and his cup that he throws on the other side. We all left the room and sat on the couch in the living room (where you can see robosapien perfectly.) We heard him make this kind of grunting noise and we all watched as he picked up his cup, threw it across the kitchen. He was locked in a cabinet for a couple years after that. If my family experienced anything else that seemed paranormal they are keeping it to themselves.

Two years ago I couldn't sleep at all. I was incredibly scared and the hair was standing up on the back of my neck. I felt like I was being watched. Then, I felt this burning on one side of my face in the shape of a hand. It stayed on one side for a few seconds and then it moved to the other side of my face for a few seconds and it was gone. I was comforted and fell asleep.

Last year I was sitting on my bed in my room talking to my brother when I saw this red orb floating around. It kept moving toward me. I reached my hand out toward it and it moved away. I put my hand down again and it moved toward me again. At this point, I was starting to get really freaked out, but my brother couldn't see it. We headed downstairs and it followed me until I reached the living room and it disappeared.

A couple months ago, I was walking into the living room when I saw this tall shadow run into the dining room out of the corner of my eye.

Last night I was just about to fall asleep when my door started to vibrate. It did this every time I tried to fall asleep the entire night. Also my closet door, which was firmly shut, swung open really hard. No one else was in my room and everyone else was asleep. Am I losing my mind, or is something paranormal going on?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Iowa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Gsmwoolery, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Chrsw72 (22 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-22)
it's your mother!

She is with you far more often than you know!
AnkenyParanormal (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-02)
Hey, I saw your story and I am very interested in it. Our paranormal team would like to come out and do an investigation FREE of charge if you would like in order to help you with answers. Please email us if interested. Ankenyparanormalresearchers [at] gmail.com
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
There could be multiple reasons why its you. The spirits may know taht you can see/hear/sense them and there fore makes you like a candle in a dark room in a sense to the spirits. Sorry for a bad reference there but what I was getting at is you being sensitive to them, they know this, and therefore are more attracted to pay attention to you.

Think about it this way. If you were living in an area and being ignored by everyone what would you do once someone came along that started to pay attention to you?

Thats just one possibility.

Peace
JustCurious
Gsmwoolery (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
Thank you for all of your input. No, I have not seen the red orb again. I just have one question. Why me? I am the only one that experienced all of this and I can't think of a reason why it is me.
multinathan911 (3 stories) (23 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
nice story. I too am sorry to hear the loss of your mum, I always fear the day I will lose my mother but your story has given me reassurance that she will watch over me and look after me. I also agree with the comment posted by justcurious. I think the sensation you got on your face like a hand touching it was from your mother trying to contact you. But as for the robot smashing the glass and the cupboard opening seems like to me something dangerous mabye a poltergiest is in your house. I'm not saying it is a poltergiest it could be something else but this is what I think

Hope this has helped a little bit
From nathan ❤
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
I agree with all comments here so far, it's nice to know your mother is watching over you all 😊
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-06)
I'm thinking along the same lines as JC. The different things you describe sound like you have a couple of personalities hanging around. The comforting presence could very well be your mother looking in on you. The more mischievous actions could be caused by someone else. Unless your mom was a bit of a prankster that is.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-06)
interesting story sounds like your mom is with you and looking out for the whole family, nice to think she was at your brothers bands concert.

Carl 😊
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-06)
This does sound like paranormal activity, however it does seem like you may be dealing with multiple spirits.

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your mother, and when you talked about the time period where you had said that that lady looks just like your mom, when you looked up at your dad in the balcony, it could be that your mom is hanging around your dad keeping an eye on everyone to see how everyone is doing.

As far as the red orb, have you seen it at all since that last experience with it?

Peace
JustCurious

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: