You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Possessed Car

Real Ghost Stories

A Possessed Car

 

First of, I'd like to say that I've had multiple minor brushes with the paranormal, but this event stands out most in my mind and even when I see a picture of "her", I still get the goosebumps. As silly as it may sound, my experience is set around a '95 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T.

Let's go back to the beginning of the day first. It was a Sunday in October '10. I was living out in Missouri at the time and I was waiting for an engine block to arrive for my car (it was coming from Alton, Il, an hour from where I was living). My buddy came over and wanted me to go look at a car all the way by Decatur, Il, but since I didn't realize how far it really was, I agreed to go. After my block arrived, I locked it in the garage and went with my buddy and his friend who has a '96 Eagle Talon Non-Turbo (same as the Eclipse). We arrived outside of Decatur a few hours later (after getting slightly lost). I get out to look at the car, which had a dead battery, so as the owner was getting a charger on it, I decided to look the car over, starting with the Turbo because she wasn't producing boost. After finding major shaftplay (think of a bicycle crank with freeplay), I told my buddy that her Turbo needed replacement. When it came time for the test drive, I had difficulty driving as if the car was trying to "hold back", yet when my buddy drove her, she was fine.

A Possessed Car 1

A Possessed Car 2

Fast forward to about 12:30am (after the Non-Turbo Talon's upper radiator hose split like a potato and finally getting her to a rest stop for the night an hour outside of St. Louis), we pull into a gas station to fuel. While my buddy went inside to pay for fuel and snacks to keep us awake, I sat in the driver's seat waiting for the pump to stop. As soon as I stepped out to stop the pump from exceeding $40, I hear a 'click' from the handle. I look at the pump to read $36.66. At this point I was freaked out a little. (I have a picture of the pump, but not sure how to load from my phone). I showed my buddy and he had the same expression as I did.

About a week later, my buddy brings over a wastegate (used on the Turbo to regulate boost) for me to replace on his car. After explaining that it wouldn't fix his problematic Turbo, he wouldn't listen, so I decided to replace it to show him. The factory wastegate is held on my 2 bolts and a cotterpin. Somehow the car burnt my entire arm even though I barely touched the exhaust manifold on a small part of my arm by my wrist. Since then I haven't seen her since I moved to Oregon, but the characteristics that she showed me during the little time I had, kept giving me an eerie feeling of being watched and not 'well liked' as if she was a demon in disguise and it still sticks out in my mind.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Boost_Addict_88, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-03-29)
The boy - you are entitled to your opinion, but so is everyone else. If I was, as you put it, screwed everytime 666 showed up, well let's just say I wouldn't be here to tell you 666 is just 3 numbers that come after 665 and before 667.
theboy (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-29)
Listen everyone including commentors; the 666 is a demonic number. If it appears in strange occasions, youre screwed. So I suggest you leave that car alone

This comment from dolphine is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Madyrina (68 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-16)
[ [at] ] troyarn: did your pizza have deviled ham on it? LOL ๐Ÿ˜† (deviled ham on pizza would probably make your stomach feel like hell!) ๐Ÿ˜‰
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-07-16)
While I appreciate the story and photos, I don't see much paranormal here. I've gotten gas where a 666 was involved and nothing evil happened. Also, once I went to a pizza parlor where they read a number over a loud speaker when your meal is ready. The numbers came from a thick book of invoices and mine happened to be 666. Even the guy at the counter asked if I wanted another number. I said no and later had a great pizza.
MARINExSNIPA (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-14)
Gas at $2.79 a gallon! That's frightening. Haha just kidding. ๐Ÿ˜œ ๐Ÿ˜œ
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
wow...not sure about this one... One thing is you sure know about cars! About the 666 situation it could be just a coincidence who knows.
Not to long ago I was talking to my friend about my aunt being possess when she was younger and the speedometer on my car stopped working and the mileage stopped at 162666 (is an old car). Though I thought it was weird, I just move on with my life. Though my speedometer works when it wants to now, who knows lol ๐Ÿ˜†
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
Oh man, now that I read some of the comments and take notice of the gas prices...$2.79 a gallon? Gas hasn't been $2.79 a gallon here in Cali for the past 5 years and some change...we're lucky we're under $4.00 these days.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
hmmm a demonic car! I doubt it some how, and guys some of you mention the great pics what about the mist/smoke in the car pic? No one want to say that's a spirit/demon manifesting?

No? Me neither!

And the gas pump hitting 666! Its putting gas in the car not the other way round so...
IS THE PUMP DEMONIC!
Err no, it cost $36.66 to fill up the tank!
Sorry nice story but a long way from paranormal.
Carl ๐Ÿ˜ข
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+7
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
Boost Addict.

The older the vehicle the more likey it could be haunted. Maybe someone turned back the demometer? Regardless, I suggest changing the spook plugs and going to a higher octane ghostaline... Those phantom knocks should go away afterward.

Lou
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
LOL! Very true, we can't see the eyerolls that go with some statements. And believe me, my eyes were rolling so hard I had blurred vision afterwards.
โค
aiafaith1 (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
Sorry. Normally I would be able to tell if you were being sarcastic. Stupid internet... You can never tell what people mean. ๐Ÿ˜จ
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
Aia my twisted sense of humor took over. I don't believe for a second there is anything remotely paranormal here and my sarcasm got the better of me. Sorry bout that. ๐Ÿ˜ญ
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
BadJuuJuu,
Yes, I understand the reason of this story being published. But in all seriousness, do you honestly think that this had something to do with the paranormal? Think about it. It was probably just a coincedence. I'm not usually a big skeptic, but on this story I am.

AF1 โค
winx717 (2 stories) (31 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
I agree with most of the others. I don't feel that it was paranormal. I also just want to say that I live in Alton, IL and it's grand! Good ghost hunting here:)
Madyrina (68 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
Well written story, but I don't think it's paranormal.

Just a coincidence that the gas pump stopped at $36.66. Anyway, some Oxford scholars have concluded that the orginal number of the beast as actually 616. So I wouldn't be too afraid of 666 showing up.

On a side note, my ATM card has 666 smack in the middle of it, and if my checking account is possessed that would soooo explain why I never seem to have any cash available!LOL
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
I wasn't going to comment at all, then I looked at the pictures...

$2.79 a gal? That is so unfair, I miss those days.

Respectfully,

Rook
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
OK! OK, I give!
Sorry dude, I tried to give you a chance here, but I'm convinced now. I don't believe you should have gone straight for the demonic. I say that just about every time I read a story that someone sends in about a possible possession anyway.
Could the car itself be haunted? Possibly. But you would have to have more evidence than you've put forth so far.
The reason I've hung in so far is that mechanics, like physicians, are usually some of the biggest sceptics around. They have to have a reason for every knock, tick, pitch or miss. There is always a cause for whatever the ailment, and to suggest it may be paranormal is to enough to get you laughed out of the shop. So, I tried to give this story the benefit of the doubt. But you're losing even me now.
Like I said before, if you've got any other evidence to add, please do. Otherwise, I'd have to say there's not much to worry about here.
As an aside, no one really believes 666 has that much of a bearing on things. It's fine for the movies, but it's basically a coincidence, not proof of activity. Paranormal or otherwise.
Thanks for sharing!

Jav
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
This car is possesed by a Demon I would suggest getting it exorcised or traded in for one of your Camaro's over there. ๐Ÿ˜†

In all seriousness though I really wouldn't put to much emphasis in it being anything paranormal, I like the change of topic on this site every now and then though.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
lynrinth (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
Wow, a lot of comments. First, nicely written. And accurate spelling! You give good descriptions so anyone can understand. Second, huh? I mean, it just sounds like you had problems with some cars, and you gave explantions what was wrong with them. As for the 666, when that number comes up, it freaks me out, too. But, sometimes it doesn't mean anything. But maybe it did in this case. Hopefully, nothing like that happens again.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
It hardly counts as being the Number of the Beast, if it was reading $36.66. As the Number of the Beast was stated as being Six hundred, three score, and six. No mention of Three Thousand, a dollar sign, or a decimal point.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
I'm not saying that you didn't have the "gut feeling" vibes or anything like that, and I understand that for you this experience was real and has affected you.

But the petrol pump total is a common occurrence with most things, I work/ed in a butcher shop and quite a few times I would weigh up and order and the weight would be 6.66KG or the price would total $6.66, and I used to kid to the customer they had the devil's steak etc so maybe this was simply a coincidence.

Any knowledge about the car's history could probably help you understand if anything was in fact "off" with it as has been suggested here already. Have you ever looked up any of this, or would you now after sharing your story? ๐Ÿ˜Š
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
Boost_Addict_88,
I still like your story, and I do believe your experience was real. Lord knows how your story became the one people decided to dump on today, but I have my suspicions (inside joke, sorry). But don't let that scare you off.
If you have anything more to add or ask, please do. I'm sure these folks can calm their ridicule and be nice if they try. Sorry you have had such a negative welcome to the site, hopefully we can change that in the future. It's obvious you aren't a 12 year old kid trying to sneak in under the wire, right guys?
The reason your story touches me is that I understand from watching and working with my brother, the "feel" a good mechanic has for the intricacies of all that makes an engine come alive. And those who want to ridicule mechanics, well let's just say...karma's a biotch.

Jav
Moonchild1234 (4 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
It seems to much of a coincidence. It reminds me of the movie Christine. But I don't believe the car was possesed. It might be just a coincidence.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
Martin - thanks for the explanation ๐Ÿ˜†. Sometimes we really do sit here and wonder ๐Ÿ˜‰. Now we'll wait and see if the author responds to our comments and questions ๐Ÿ˜Š
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
He he he... You said shaftplay. Sorry I sometimes have to act like a child. Life is funner that way. I don't think this car was possessed I think that everything was all a coincidence.
Martin (602 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
The original title was actually something like "Another Christine?" but I thought it was confusing so I renamed it with a title people could more easily understand from a long list of titles. I did think the story was weak in terms of paranormal activities but with the photos and all, I figured it might make for an interesting discussion. Hopefully the author will participate.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
I think this story got published because it has some nice photos. Not all stories are accompanied by photos. Though the pictures really don't show anything out of the ordinary, at least the author made some attempt to back up his claims, good thought, but ineffective.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+9
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
There are exactly three things that I got from this story.

One, you like cars. You want to talk about cars. Which is cool, but people are here to talk about the paranormal. A paranormal car is a cool idea (Stephen King's Christine was just fabulous!) but really?

Two, you are superstitious. It does not matter how much money you spent on gas. Just because it came out to some obscure inclusion of $6.66 does not mean that demons were involved. I mean, I agree that gas prices are the devil, but if demons are always responsible for amounts of $6.66, then maybe I shouldn't get my lunch combo anymore. Chicken sandwich, fries and an iced tea. Demons could inhabit my lunch. Who knew?

Lastly, you... You burned yourself on the car. And you are blaming the car. Why were you working on it while it was still hot? Accidents happen, but demonic possession? Hardly.

If you start looking for ghosts and demons, you will find them in anything. You said the car gave you a creepy feeling. Fine enough, but that hardly merits demonic possession.

Although now I am starting to reconsider that lunch combo... Maybe next time I'll have the cheeseburger.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
All I got from this story is that the author had an eerie feeling about something. I don't understand how the rest of the story could be perceived as paranormal in any way. Sure, gut feelings are great, but I don't think there is any evidence to back up anything paranormal happening. Maybe something happened to it later on, that you don't know about, that could be a possibility. Maybe it was a were-car, like in Futurama. Futurama really explains the world to me.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: