You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Touching My Face

Real Ghost Stories

Touching My Face

 

I've always experienced little ghostly things, never full up in your face like you nearly crap your pants. But I would just be lying in my bed trying to sleep and I would feel things stroking my face and it feels like something is touching me, it's never violent, and it's been happening to me since I was little, but I've never really thought about it until now. It's just that it's got to a point when I've really started to notice it, and to be honest it's freaking me out. But the spirit (if it's not my imagination) has never really left me alone, I don't feel any anger from it or anything, but I just want it to leave me alone.

As stupid as this may sound, I thought maybe when I start to get freaked out I would say (and again I know it sounds stupid), "Hi, I know you may consider this house home as well as me, but I would really appreciate it if you would leave me alone. I'm sorry if I sound rude, but you're really scaring me".

I know people use Ouija Boards and stuff to make spirits leave, but me and my mate have done one them before, but nothing has happened to us, I mean the pointer didn't move that much and it doesn't really appeal to me (I'm scared). And my friend has been seeing spirits since she was young like her mum, and I've told her about this and she tells me not to worry but I can't help it.

Do you think it's worth me to ask the spirit? I don't want it to become angry and violent at me, hence the reason I was being polite.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AlishaaC, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

LightDemonGirl (26 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-08)
i don't think you should be worried/afraid as your friend said because this happens to me and I'm not afraid at all about it and it started about 1 and a half month ago. Don't worry contact a medium if you want it gone, if you have had enough with it, if you are really scared, if it becomes angry and hurt you! Good luck! ❤
-Voilet- (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
My grandparents have a old ouija board. I was 10 years old when I seen it. They were going to sell it in a garage sale. I was with them that day, helping out mostly. After the garage sale I was looking over the tables when I realized the ouija board was still sitting there.
A year later when I was 11, I remember having read a book that told about a ouija board being used. That's when I discovered how dangerous they can be. I'm now 15 and when one my friends told me how her cousin's house was said to be haunted and how she wanted to use a ouija board to contact the spirit, I told her right away to NOT use a ouija board.
I really think using a ouija board is a bad idea.
😕 😕 😕
ian39 (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
If it happens again say this aloud or in your head, my holy spirit guide, please protect me from all evil seen or unseen, any negative energy to be returned to its source as healing.
The main thing to remember is not to be scared!
KaranIHELPEVERYONE (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-15)
i want to know about it in detail...plz...it might be some frienfd
moon_star (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
it might be the old hag syndrome or you better bless your house! 😉
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
AlishaaC,

Don't ever get in touch with Ouija board. It may only compound your problem. We don't know what's at the other end. Why don't you just try to tell it to go away. If it doesn't please contact a pro. But don't try anything rude or ouija. I am not trying to make you scary. But, it is a fact. Ouija is dangerous. But you can still request the spirit to go away. I also feel that since it is there from your childhood days, it may be a guardian angel. But, still if you feel that it should not disturb you, say so and if it doesn't stop contact a professional. But no Ouija, either alone or with your friend.
darkfantum (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
id be carefull what you say to to it it mite get angry
so don't use oujui boards becuase it is very dangerous and it might make it worse 😐
lovingmama27 (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
i NEVER suggest using a ouija board. Waaay to risky. But have you tried the white light thingy. A friend of mine told me about it once. If you feel like someone is around you or a spirit or something just imagine a white light surrounding you... And pray!
Thank you for your story!
❤ lovingmama
hope4ever (4 stories) (75 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
A Ouija Board is a very dangerous thing, because you don't know what is on the other side waiting to run through. I've never used one, and I never plan to. If a spirit is bothering you, tell it to go away, if it won't listen to your asking it to. I don't know what religion you are, I myself am a nondenominational Christian. I have found that when a spirit is bothering you if you say (and completely mean it) "In God's name I tell you to leave me alone" or "In God's name I tell you to leave this house." They have to listen, they have no choice.

As you've already said, it doesn't seem like it wants to hurt you. Taking the word of a stranger can be hard sometimes, but I am able to speak with the dead. And from reading what you've written I get that it's a woman, maybe a grandmother? The spirit might not even be related to you, however, it is attached to you. As I said it is easy to send them away if you don't want them to be near you.

My email is on my page if you want to talk more. Best wishes!
Clairvoyant94 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
If this spirit has been doing this since you were little it might be a guarding angel. If it is bothering you just say so and that you want it to stop. It doesn't seem like it would hurt so there is no need to worry, if it was a demon or anything you would of known by now.
ikachu (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
I think nathan has a good point, and I'm not saying that sarcastically. If the spirit is as nice as you imply that it is, really, you could try to talk to it. Though it might be difficult unless the ghost is... Well its hard to explain. Usually what happens is that what we say in our world comes out sounding completely backwards in theirs, and vice versa. So if you hear thigs like whispers or voices but youre not so sure, record it and play it backwards. I would not reccommend writing to it either; people believe that writing to ghosts will be an easier way of communication. However, though this may be the case, writing opens a portal to the 'other side' and allows any spirit or demon more likely to enter your home. For example, watch the film "Paranormal Entity". It is much better than "Paranormal Activity" and is much more realistic. Anywho, the spirit may sense something is wrong, even if you don't. Just be careful, okay? Ask nicely for it to leave, or let it know that you're okay. If you really feel strongly about it, contact a professional. I really hope this helped. 😆 This is my first post and this is what I honestly believe, so please don't put down anything I say if something contradicts any other beliefs. I live in a house like yours, so... This is my experience. 😁
AnimalAngles (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
Ok, I need you to no a Ouija boards are NEVER the way to go (Not trying to be rude but I used it once and that house was never the same.) It could be your angle? What do you guys think?
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
If this spirit is as kind as you are telling us. Just simply asking it to stop should do the trick. It may be a woman who is trying to comfort you, an older woman. I would see if you can find some history on your home.

You can say "I am very thankful that you've been looking out for me, but you are scaring me sometimes. Can you please not approach me anymore because it makes me uncomfortable."

If it's nice then it should respect your space.
miniattack (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
it could be a guardian spirit looking over you if you have lost some one who was or would of beennear to you they might be looking over you. I have the same kind of thing I feel a presence watching me and I here walking and crying in my room at night but it doesn't scare me I think it is my little bro I will be posting a story about it as soon as I can so plzzz check it out comment whatever. Thank you
Maeve_Autrey (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
For now I would just try to ignore it if you can but if it gets to be a problem then you can talk to it. Tell it you know it means well but it is making you a little uncomfortable. Ask if you know them and if there are other ways you could communicate.
ghost_hunter101 (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
I believe it is trying to comfort you in a way it may think won't scare you. It could be that the entity is someone that loved you dearly and wanted to let you know that they would always be with you. I think that communicating to it would help. Ask "who are you" or "do I know you?" because it may get to the point where it will communicate to you with words or something else. I don't think you should be so scared of it, because it could just be trying to help you in some way. Are you going through any stress or something, because if you are, it probably feels that in some way and wants to make you feel better. I hope you try to communicate because it might be able to stop doing that if you just sit down and talk to it. Also, if you have ever tried to let someone else sleep in your room and see if it happens to them, it might just be a spirit that wants people to know that it's there. If you go into a different room and it still happens to you, then just ignore it and maybe tell it to leave the house alone. I hope you get through it, but just to let you know, I don't think you should be so scared.
kkrobles (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
i really don't think its trying to hurt you. I think it wants to keep you safe if it's not violent I don't think you should be scare at all. Maybe someone you lost that just wants to be near you. If any harm comes to you maybe you should get a paranormal group over there. Maybe its someone that just wants you to know they are there.
multinathan911 (3 stories) (23 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
hi alishaa.

Just read your story, ghosts are very complicated so you have to be careful with them. Please do not use a ouijia board thatc ould make things a lot worse for you and could possibly be dangerous. What I sugget is that you try and ignore it. I know that sounds hard but you could have things a lot worse. From what I have read aswell I don't think the ghost wants to hurt you. Mabye it wants you to notice it more because it needs helps or from the bit were you said it was stroking your face, it might have been trying to confort your you. Have you lost anyone in the past because it may aswell be them trying to protect you, just a thought.

Hope this helps
From nathan ❤
Shaw (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
ask questions like "who are you"... But never ask "what you want" but don't show anger or else it will turn out to be so bad. Sprinkle holy water before you go to sleep. ❤keep praying whenever you feel something creepy.!
UntilTheWorldEnds (5 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
Question,did you try comunnicating with it in any other way. Like the knocking or tapping trick (or whatever it's called)?
I think that method is less scary than the ouija board. You could try that if you're looking for answers (although,the entity could be a liar).
But if you want to get rid of it you might want to call a professional. I know many people will say try praying, and blessing the house or burn sage. But that doesn't always work and it could anger the spirit. Though you could try that as well if you want, no harm in praying for protection.

Although,if it's not hurting you why do you want to get rid of it?It's been with you for such a long time. Do you feel like, if this were to continue the spirit might show itself to you. As in speaking to you and such?
I know you said it freaks you out, but after living with this activity for so long many get used to it. So I'm just wondering what is it about this entity that scares you so much?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: