You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Haunted Cubao Apartment

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Cubao Apartment

 

After the birth of our daughter in 2006 my wife and I moved in to a unit in newly-built apartment in Cubao near the busy EDSA highway. We had just left a smaller studio unit because we wanted more room for the baby and some sunlight that a second-floor space could provide. Being located in a very busy part of the city where the rumble of provincial buses coming off the nearby terminals almost 24/7, I wouldn't have given any thought of anything paranormal could happen in that locale, much less in a new building like ours. Of course that was an assumption that I would be proven wrong.

One night my wife told me that she thought she saw a woman going in the bathroom. I told her I sometimes get a glimpse of someone going there too but I have always assumed it was her. Weeks later I was alarmed to see a man standing on our balcony, his upper body hidden by by the dark night. Aware of some thieves operating in the area, I took a cleaver from the kitchen to arm myself for a confrontation. When I rushed out to confront the stranger I noticed that his upper body, particularly his head was invisible, and not simply obscured by the dark. Nevertheless I found myself demanding to tell me who he is and to my surprise the man hopped on the balustrade and jumped off. When I rushed forward I glimpsed the smiling face of a Chinese-looking man disappear into the darkness. When I told this to my wife she began worry about our baby. Suppose these spirits were attracted to her? I consulted a friend psychic and he told me to hang red things above the crib to ward off these potential harmful beings. We also had the unit blessed by a Catholic priest.

What drove us to a tipping point occurred around August of 06. My wife, coming out of the bath noticed something black hovering over our daughter's crib and when she drew closer saw a man in dark shadow form of a man bent over. The shadow man disappeared when she ran to the crib and later that night she told me we had to cancel our lease right away, no matter what our landlord would say. (He denies knowing anything paranormal being reported in his apartment for the years he has been operating it.)

So in preparing to move out I had our laundry done at a nearby laundry shop. When the shop owner was writing my receipt, she drew back and asked if my address was correct. When I asked why she looked afraid (her eyes were wide) she refused to answer and just shook her head. This prompted me and my wife to ask our neighbors and we discovered that our landlord has rebuilt the apartment because a gruesome murder had taken place in the previous building that stood in the same lot. In the next three days we found another apartment in Marikina and needless to say moved out with unforeseen haste and I left a note to the landlord that his unit in noisy Cubao, in no small matter, was haunted.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rebultomaker, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kristina_marquez (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-06)
pity for that landlord, if he won't consider the paranormal things that happened in his "new" apartment, no one will stay long there.
rebultomaker (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-14)
Thanks for the comments. I did undertake a research and I was quite surprised at the amount of violence that happened in the area all the way back to the 1920s when Cubao was being established. The worst period was during the war in the 40s and in fact a house along the road stands almost in ruin was used as a barracks for Japanese soldiers where some executions took place. Was it a Japanese and not a Chinese looking ghost that stepped onto my balcony? Not sure.

The ironic thing however is the house we transferred to proved to be worse. We are now living in another house we had built and swore not to rent anymore apartments. Did it end there? Heres the catch: our new house is next door to two cemeteries. My daughter years back when she was four told us she could see a girl in a communion dress standing on top of one of the graves. She asked me to get her a balloon that the girl was holding. A few weeks ago indeed a young girl was buried in that lot. There were a lot of balloons that day.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-22)
VA,

Not that you are off topic or anything... But are you determined to comment on all the stories ever posted from the Philippines on this our 'little site' here?

I don't mind, but many of them are going to be so old the O/P is not checking on them any longer and your comments are going unheard by them?

Just saying...

Respectfully,

Rook
VAmplifier (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-22)
They want your baby!? This is mind boggling. Aswangs prey on pregnant women and babies, yet you claimed to have seen a glimpse of ghostly Chinese people... And yet China has other paranormal monsters. But EDSA is a pretty haunting place despite the facts and rumors Filipino heroes such as Corazon Aquino protect that place. Too many points to look at! 😭
I_Am_SPECTRA (1 stories) (44 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-26)
What a very strange thing to happen. I can understand your concern about staying there. It's certainly a strange world in which we live. Thanks for sharing.
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-06-24)
That was really interesting to read, and written in a way that it kept my interest all the way until the end. I'm with forestboy123, have you done any research into the murder or figure out who it was involved?

Peace
JustCurious
forestboy123 (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-24)
great story did you ever do your research on the murder that happened there? The figures name or history? I hope your new home isn't haunted lol.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: