You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Sarah's Haunted Apartment

Real Ghost Stories

Sarah's Haunted Apartment

 

Let me start off by saying that all my life I have experienced many paranormal events. From the time I was 5 up until now and I am 30. I am of sound mind and realize that the things I have encountered have been real and not my imagination.

My husband and I rented a really nice apartment in Covington, Ohio about 4 years ago. Covington is an older town. Use to be called Fort Rowdy. Our apartment is on the second floor. Below us was a beauty salon. Back when it was Fort Rowdy our apartment was an old hotel room, and down stairs was a bar.

It was my husband and I's first night in our new place. Our room was in the far back of the apartment. One night we were sleeping and both woke up at the same time. We turn on a light and see a black form standing in our door way. We were speechles to say the least. That night we slept with the lights on.

A few weeks later we were still sleeping with the lights on everynight. But that feeling never left us. Every night we felt something staring us down almost. It was very scary.

Finally my husband and I got sick and tired of feeling this from our bedroom. We were pretty much forced out of our room. We moved our bed out to the living room. And that is where we slept for the majority of the time we lived in Covington. Finally one night I was sitting home alone and was sick of sharing my living room with my bedroom. There wasn't anything that really happened since we moved our room. So I talked to my husband when he got home from work. We both decided we would not move our room back to the back of the house but to the middle room that conected our living room to the kitchen. Finally about 2 in the morning we have all our bedroom suit moved. We lay down for the night expecting a quiet night. But to our suprise it wasn't. A loud BOOM! Was heard and felt by us both. Then a long drawn out squeak. The lights shot on and we saw our closet door was open. The strange thing was that the closet was locked before we went to bed. And there was nothing in that closet to cause a loud boom. So at 2:30 in the morning we once again moved our room back out to the living room. And that's where we stayed for the next year.

Finally my husband Matthew put his bible back in the back bedroom. He opend it to a Psalms verse. And we would never travel to the back of the house at night ever again.

We did finally find out that back when Covington was Fort Rowdy a man and his wife were staying in the hotel room. Which happened to be the back bedroom. He caught his wife cheating and shot her then his self.

Thank you so much for reading one of my many events. If you have coments please feel free to leave one. Or if you have experienced something similar I would love to hear it.

Other hauntings by Fallenangel100680

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Fallenangel100680, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Christine_Pandora (1 stories) (80 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-14)
Wow very spooky... It left me thinking what happened to the other guy?

Was he just left there in a room with two bodies or did he escape?

These types of things always leave me with questions and makes me so curious.

But i'm glad you moved out and can hopefully sleep well in your very OWN BEDROOM now with no guests 😆
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2012-10-10)
rajgopal - please do not post personal information, such as a phone number, on a public forum. You never know who you might get on the other end of that call 😐
ILee (1 stories) (91 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
I agree with Miracles. Right after reading your story, I thought to myself that this sounds like a residual haunting. The loud boom definitely resembles a gun shot.

My take on the closet door being swung wide open, could be that the husband was hiding in the closet waiting to attack her.

Do you currently still reside in the apartment?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-06-25)
Fallenangel - it sounds like you and your husband, unfortunately, experienced a terrible residual haunting. A lot of residual hauntings are completely benign. In your case, though, wow. This was horrible from the get go.

The act of the husband shooting his wife and then himself appears to be replaying in this hotel/apartment. Fortunately for you and your husband, you didn't witness the actual shootings yourself. You just experienced the "sound effects." The black form could have been one or the other of the ghosts involved, but also could have been one completely separate from that incident.

There are some people who believe that tragic events, such as murder, suicide, accidents, etc. Will cause a residual haunting. The good thing about a residual haunting is the ghosts involved don't interact with the living.

I'm glad y'all moved from that apartment.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-25)
I know some man do strange things like Shoot his wife for cheating then kill himself I don't know why some man do that only if husband's wife cheat on him then why not he leave her then but that why don't understand anyway wow that horrblie what you explain that story the back room you say you and your husband feeling being watch first back room right then move another room but happen that came out as boom hmm sound like gun of resident I hope ya'll move out of there and have a nice and greatest home. Great story by the way.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: