You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Did I Get Attacked At My Campsite?

Real Ghost Stories

Did I Get Attacked At My Campsite?

 

I went on an OBS course about 2 years back (2017 now). In that camp, everything was going fine until the second night, where we were asked to do a guard duty at the 3am shift to chase away wild boars and other animals that were potentially there. When my friend and I started, it was all going fine until the temperature suddenly started to drop tremendously. I was joking with my friend, telling him that a demonic ghost is nearby us and would attack us soon.

Just minutes after I said that, the wind starting picking up pace, it was actually a very hot night that night with no signs of incoming rain. After the wind picked up pace, I looked up at the sharp tipped flying fox building, and saw a shadow figure with red eyes staring at us. I was feeling quite uncomfortable thus I headed to the toilet to wash my face. When I got back to the tents, I looked back at the place where I saw the figure, I thought to myself, 'thankfully it's not there anymore.' I just casually looked away then I realized where it did go. It went straight to the top of the trees near our tents and at that moment, it dashed straight at me and I blacked out. Next thing I know, it was daytime and I was outside my tent with my camp mates surrounding me.

After going home, I realized I have 3 scratch marks on my back and I got a high fever which caused me to be hospitalized. Every night for 3 weeks after that, I had the same nightmare of being stuck in a forest and getting choked by an unseen figure until I woke up in cold sweats nightly. It happens now from time to time, where do I get help?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Singapore

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dykj9, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Argette (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-06)
Zzgranny, how annoying! I just don't understand how anyone can find satisfaction "borrowing" someone else's work. But it's still more baffling when they show no respect for posters with integrity.
roylynx (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-06)
Zzsgranny, That's too bad to hear! FB overseas is so off the law! I really hate their child like attitude when it comes to things like that! Thanks for letting us know!

E.Lynx
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-06)
This story appeared in a group I was in on facebook. I say "was" because I got blocked for calling it to the attention of the admin/moderators that it had been plagiarized. It happened to be a moderator who posted it, and he felt that just because he used the author's screen name that he hadn't violated the copyright.

Once again, please track your stories occasionally and ask that whoever copied and pasted it to remove it unless you gave your permission.

Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do to keep this from happening again in this particular group because I was blocked.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-03)
Biblio - Sorry, I meant indomitable, not indominable.

Sorry about that Teach 😆

Regards, Melda
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-03)
Biblio - Thanks for that!

I don't exactly make a study of it but I find the origins of names very interesting. Carter, Mason, Carpenter, Farmer, to name but a few - the list could carry on forever.

Then of course the indominable Smith. Those smiths must have bred like rabbits 😆 No insult intended to anybody out there named Smith - just a joke 😊

Regards, Melda
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-02)
Greetings, all:

I know I'm really late adding to this (end-of-term grading, essays, final exams, etc).

I wanted to thank Val for her "psychogenic fever" comment, which I found enlightening.

I also wanted to let Melda know that the source for the name "Wright" is the Medieval English word "wright" meaning "maker" or "builder." This name also may be found with another noun to form a compound noun describing the item being built: "Cartwright" (insert "Bonanza" theme), Wheelwright, Wainwright (a 'wain' is a large open cart, often used in gathering crops).

Back to grading...
Biblio.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-30)
Roylynx - Who knows? These guys obviously realised that you need wings to fly 😆

Regards, Melda
roylynx (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-30)
Melda, I can answer that they will give up and make a "sub-earth- vehicle" instead.

Big Smiles from São Paulo
E.Lynx
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-29)
Melda - I'm not sure really, maybe a plane without wings? 😊
...?
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-28)
Macknorton - I know I'm beating a dead horse now but I wonder what the path of aviation would have been if the Wrong Brothers had made an aeroplane?

Regards, Melda
trentinray (3 stories) (67 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-26)
Valkicry- Thank you for the info, actually I was also going to add, something along the lines of, the fever being caused more by psychological causes and the belief system. (I was going to use the word physiological, but I don't think that's right) I didn't because I thought that it sounded a little far reaching to say, but maybe not.
Our brains/minds are so amazing and we probably haven't even scratched the surface in knowing what we are capable of.
Thank you for the knowledge 😁
-trentinray
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-05-25)
You're welcome, Melda. Yes, I think it's attributed to evil entities, but I did read somewhere that it's linked with attachments too. Regardless, it does seem more of an Eastern belief/happening.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-25)
Val - Thanks for your input and insight.

As I mentioned, I don't simply put the authors' experiences down to utter nonsense! There have been too many accounts submitted on this site regarding fever and illness.

I personally have never experienced this and find it rather baffling. Of course it could be a very evil spirit who causes these symptoms? I've seen a few baddies myself and have never experienced similar experiences - perhaps I just didn't add two and two together?

Regards, Melda
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
7 years ago (2017-05-25)
Hey guys,
The fever thing really doesn't surprise me much. Many believe that a ghostly encounter can affect a person's health, especially if it was of the not nice variety. Something to do with the acute draining of our energy, weakening our immune system and allowing the fever to occur. Though, I have not experienced the fever symptom myself, I do know that there have been times when encountering a non-nice spirit, I have felt ill, but I've always enjoyed rather robust health for the most part, so maybe that plays into it.
There is also psychogenic fever. It's a stress-related, psychosomatic disease. Meaning, there's no physical reason for it, it is an emotional fever brought on by one's own mind. I would think that if one's terror was strong enough (It's demonic, and I can't find my toothbrush! EEK!* Sorry, but...) it might trigger it, especially if your belief is that fever is indicative of an evil presence.
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-25)
Hi everyone,

Melda- I've been absent for the last couple of days so I didn't realise I got down voted until I read your comment... Thank you for "repairing" it, that was very kind of you! 😁

I just think it's funny when somebody needs help but is not willing to reply in order to get help. Just like lady-glow and other members mentioned some points should be cleared in order for us to help, right? I am not saying the experience wasn't true, I just think it's ironic! This is my opinion, even if I'm heading to get down voted again. Lol

Trentinray- you made some good points!

Blessings.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-25)
trentinray - I must admit that the "high fever" confuses me at times, even to the extent of some people ending up in hospital!

I'm not calling a bluff on their experiences but at the rate I go at times I should have spent a lot of time receiving treatment for fever.

Another question for my doctor, could my very high blood pressure be attributed to ghosts? I'm sure I'll be sent for hospital/rehabilitation treatment at very short notice 😆

Regards, Melda
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-25)
Mack - Of course you are "wright"! Lololololololololollmao 😆 That should make up the requirement of 50 characters!

Regards, Melda
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-05-25)
Hey Melda

Two wrongs don't make a right but two Wrights made an aeroplane

Regards

Mack
trentinray (3 stories) (67 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-05-25)
Hello everyone, I just thought I would throw my two cents in. I have noticed quite a few stories that have some sort of almost unbelievable hallucination, or something of the like, and end with "a high fever." It is my personal opinion it is
A. A hereditary trait that has been passed along where the host receives hallucinations in response to the virus that is causing fever.
B. A strain of virus that causes the hallucinations prior to the fever.
C. The poster was already running a fever and either not realizing it or chose to leave it out, and the hallucination was simple fever related.
I have come to this way of thinking because I have read so many stories that go about this same way, and they always end with a high fever.
So that was my two cents, sorry if nobody wanted them, lOl I just give them out all over the place. 😁
-trentinray
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-25)
lady-glow - Nice to hear from you!

I was fortunate enough to have my car recovered by the trackers and the police but it was in a terrible condition. These criminals ripped out the wiring, somehow managed to crash the car, so bodywork damaged and the glass roof cracked. This is a Honda Jazz which is not normally targeted in SA but I was vulnerable and totally incapable of defending myself in my driveway at home against three young bucks!

I had a number of bruises and handfuls of hair ripped out of my head but, as they say, collateral damage!

Okay I know this has nothing to do with the OPs story but if he doesn't want to reply, give him something different to read 😆

By the way I went down the page and corrected down-votes where I could.

"Wright"? A very good word - think only as far as the Wright Brothers 😆

Regards, Melda
L_Melb (220 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-05-24)
Yes, Shelbyloree,
Indonesia is the largest Muslim country - largest amount of Muslims - there is
I must say it is frustrating getting involved in various experiences only to see the poster has no intention of joining any discussion...
Oh well!
shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-24)
Oh I forgot - as for the scratch marks, he was out camping in the woods with sticks and rocks. Not only could he have brushed up against something unknowingly, the picnic table, a tree branch, etc; he was also prone to falling down (on things) in random places around the campsite.

I think it would be highly unusual for this person (OP) to have come home with no scratches, or bruises even, given the circumstances.

Isn't Indonesia primarily Islamic? I don't really know...
shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-05-24)
So! In the Indonesian forests glowing red eyes could be anything from any animal out there, especially if a flashlight is pointing in its direction. A cat? A squirrel? A possum? A lizard? A monkey? I don't know the exact fauna there... But you get the idea.

Fever could have been from anything too, reaction to food, being infected (like flu) from fellow campers, allergy from something you've come into contact with, reaction from a bug bite, venom from a spider bite...

Did your fellow watcher slip you something that knocked you out for days or whatever? Are you proned to seizures or blackouts when stressed? Do you have a medical issue that could cause blackouts or fainting? Low blood pressure or a heart murmur or something like that.

No real indication of anything supernatural here, the suspicion of 'demon' is based on guessing while under stress. Stress being no sleep, strange (different) environment and strange (different) people (campers).

If you're having continuing issues, seek medical attention to rule out any worldly issue. Good luck to you.
roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-24)
Lady-glow, you are always my "torch in a thick fog", that's true and yes I agree that something in the story needs to be cleared. Demon or not, the number 3 in eastern culture represents fortune though, 3 scratch marks... Well all we here can do is guess and guess, and that will cause trouble if I can see the future dialogues... True, input from the OP is needed.

Thanks for clearing things up! I take back some of my words now.

E.Lynx
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-24)
*Wright* is a personal portmanteau of 'well' and 'right'... 😆 😆 😆
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+6
7 years ago (2017-05-24)
roylynx: although I agree with you about "will it be more kind to do a research for the OP?", doing a research wouldn't help the reader on seeing the experience from the perspective of the OP, there are voids in every experience that only the author can explain and that's the beauty of dialogue. Every question is, at the same time, an opportunity for the OP to clarify their omissions and a challenge to broaden their outlook about the experience.

There's something that bugs me about this particular story:
"After going home, I realized I have 3 scratch marks on my back and I got a high fever which caused me to be hospitalized..."

According to many members of the forum these "3 scratch marks" would be indicative of a demon mocking the Holy Trinity but, according to Wiki, Christianity is not the most predominant religion in Singapore.

Does this mean that demons mock the Holy Trinity even in places/cultures/religions that do not believe in It? Is dykj9 a christian?

My point is, even if we take the time to do some researching, the input of the OP will always be necessary to direct the information to the right direction and it'd be nice if every new poster could be aware of it.

Greetings.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+5
7 years ago (2017-05-24)
Melda: I'm sorry to hear about your car; there are so many things that make no sense in this world. It would be great if something could protect us from the evil of humanity.
It is sad the way many people decide to do wrong if doing wright requires the same effort.😐

I, too, got down-voted twice on my previous comment. It would be nice if whoever did it would have chosen express their ideas and not only show their disagreement by down-voting our comments that, in my case, are only a way to vent my frustration at people that use, or seem to use the forum like a field for their creativity.

I have decided that laughter is healthier than indignation... I'm a bit of a clown and am ready to make jokes if the opportunity arises. 😉
roylynx (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-24)
Hmm... But before making fun of the matter did anyone did any research? Just me?

Even if it sounded like some horror movies, I know of some script writers too wrote up their own experiences to make it into a movie, not always some serial killers or psychopaths, going around killing people. Spiritual encounters too will become a movie, well I am not going to say which movie or say a script writer's name since it will be off topic and there is a couple of them, famous movies too. Just my suggestion for everyone here, each of us may have issues to be participating on a topic of our own, right? That's why each time we submit a story we can chose to participate on the discussion I believe.

Even if it sound like if the OP is hiding something behind, it is not always because they are lying, will it be more kind to do a research for the OP? I know it can be a waste of time, that happens to me ALL the time, not to be a party pooper, but what I think this time, we shall think before rejecting. Just a thought... Sorry guys and gals, peace on earth.

For dykj9, this site already had too much "fake tales" posted on purpose. That is why sometime we can be harsh, yes, WE, which includes me. To be honest you might want to add up some more information for people who wants to know more, if you can. I know you are just seeking for a help, but most of us here will want to hear more of the story. Like more details on the encounter, what particular course you are on, things like that. We are not JUST making fun of the case, there are lots of reason. Cheers!

Love from São Paulo
E.Lynx
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-24)
BeautInside - Did you notice that we both got down-voted when responding to Lady-Glow!? Seems that perhaps the OP might have some sort of response after all - or perhaps somebody else? 😆

Regards, Melda
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-05-24)
Dear dykj9,
Since you have decided that you will read the comments but not join the conversation. I have decided that I will not read your story.
Red

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: