You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Attacked By Ghost Cat?

Real Ghost Stories

Attacked By Ghost Cat?

 

I've lived in the same house for 19 years and for almost that long we have had a ghost cat that kneads on the bed sporadically. I've had houseguests that have also experienced the same sensation.

Lately, however, my spouse and I have both been glimpsing small black shapes very briefly, maybe once or twice a week. But then last night around 3:30 a.m. I was having a hard time sleeping, so I was semi-awake when something small (the cat?) jumped on the foot of the bed, ran the length of the bed, went around my head and to the floor. A few seconds later it jumped back up in attack mode. I didn't see or hear anything but I felt like I was being bitten and scratched like it was in a frenzy. It really hurt at that moment but then it was gone, and so was the pain.

I don't have a mark on me, but I'm scared to death to go to bed tonight. Could this have been our docile ghost cat? If so, what happened? I've had paranormal experiences several times in my life but they have never been threatening. I have never dealt with anything like this and am at a loss as to how to understand it. I would greatly appreciate any advice!

I've read some of the stories here searching for something similar but the closest I've found is several people being held down. That didn't happen to me. It all happened within a couple minutes. I don't know if it means anything but I was sleeping by myself last night. Also there has been no unusual stressors or other events lately that could have triggered something negative.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jazz2Jess, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

i-have-a-crush-on-firestar (1 stories) (24 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-02-24)
i know this story is old, but, maybe it was playing, or it got scared, or saw something on you and protected you, funny weather? I doubt it tried to cause harm
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-05-28)
Negative stereotypes and legends have threatened black cats for centuries leading to countless cases of mistreatment, abandonment, torture and slaughter for creatures unlucky enough to be born with black fur. The difference between a black cat and a white is as genetically mundane as the difference between a white cat and a brown. It is only a color chromosome. I have had black cats for almost twenty years (six in that time - half still living). Each and every one of them has been a unique and loving creature. I know different cultures have differing beliefs but I have hard time letting beliefs go that have caused so much torment against creatures that cannot defend or speak for themselves.

Jazz2Jess, I have had similar experiences. If you read my most recent account (http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=25712) you'll see. I have both a feline bed visitor and the phantom black cats. In our experience, the spectral black cats have been harbingers.

I wouldn't worry about your recent bout with your bed kitty. As the others have said, cats do tend to spazz out from time to time - for all sorts of reasons... Some of them incredibly minor. Perhaps something spooked it. One of my mother's (living) cats also pulls a similar stunt on the bed when she doesn't think she's getting enough attention - its a full on temper tantrum. Maybe try putting something on the bed for it to play with or patting the bed for it to lay down when you feel it hop up.
Cuddlebear (4 stories) (173 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-05-17)
This is not atypical behavioiur for a cat. I have spent my life with the fur-balls and an "attack" like you describe could be no more than play. Cats have a great deal of sharp edges, if it's not drawing blood, it isn't trying. At least this is true of corporeal cats, I would only guess it is true of spirit cats...
seemayadav (1 stories) (26 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-17)
I don't know but, some says that black cat is witch and symbol of darkness
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-05-16)
I don't have long experience with cats that much. I started feeding stray cats from somewhere around 2014 but I can say that cats are not from this realm. I used to feed 3 to 5 stray cats every day at different time and I am always confused which cat I feeded earlier.
They are clever and they know how to blackmail people with their innocent face and big eyes. 😁
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-05-15)
I'm going to echo Miracles; do you have cats in your house now? Or have you ever had cats?

It could be a past cat visiting you. I've felt my deceased dog walk/crawl up the bed, but it felt loving and light.

When you described feeling a cat kneading the bed, it sounds like it didn't bother you? That's why I wonder if you had a cat that visits from time to time.

Also, as Miracles said; I too, have a cat that goes from 0 to 60 in no time flat Lol She will be loving and docile, then demon cat emerges. Cats are funny like that. 😉

-Dee
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
6 years ago (2018-05-14)
Jazz2Jess - You didn't say whether or not you have had living cats.

Having had cats my entire life, I have seen some serious personality quirks. I have seen a very docile cat go completely bonkers, run full blast, hiss and swipe at one of us, and then go back to being his normal self. I wonder if maybe that is what happened with your ghost cat? 🤔

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: