You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Mom's Place

Real Ghost Stories

My Mom's Place

 

My story starts in 1995. My parents got divorced in 1992 and my mom had found a new man, and went to live with him. After a tough first year she got her own flat, which I was very happy with, because it was only 5 minutes away from where I lived with my dad and my sister.

Shortly after she moved in, she started to tell us that something was wrong in her new home. Well I'm ashamed to say that we didn't think more of it because she was drinking pretty much at that time. But as I soon learned it was not her imagination.

The new flat had only two rooms: a livingroom and a bedroom they were joined by a hallway and in that hallway the bathroom is to the right just before the bedroom, the kitchen is joined to the livingroom.

I slept in my mom's bed (there was no other room), when I heard a knife fall from the kitchen table. I asked my mom and she said I should go to sleep.

The next morning we were surprised to see the refrigerator and stove was moved from the wall and out in the middle of the kitchen floor, it took the both of us to move them back in.

That night we heard footsteps in the hallway but it is an apartment building so I didn't think more of it.

Well, after that, I wasn't very happy to visit my mom, but I went anyway (she is my mom and I love her) and for a long time nothing happened.

Then one day, I was waiting for her to come home from work. I was in the livingroom with two friends playing computer games, when the door from the cabinet were my mom kept her cd-player, opened and closed again and again. I was sitting in front of the computer and my friends were looking at me, (with their backs to the cabinet).

When one of them asked me if I was alright, and then went on to say "your face has turned all white". I could not speak, I was terrified. I just pointed to the cabinet, and ran and my friends followed me.

I said bye to them and went to my father's place and called my mom. She decided to be all brave and calm trying to convince me that it was my imagination.

We agreed to meet when she got off work and she would "show me that there was nothing to be afraid of". So we met and went in and she walked straight over to the cabinet. Just as she was about to open the cabinet door, it opened and the cd player drawer opened and closed again, as did the door.

That was my first experience, sadly not my last one.

Other hauntings by herohead

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, herohead, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-31)
herohead, thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am going to agree with some of the others who believe that the activity going on in your mom's apartment is not meant to be malicious, or harmful. You mentioned that the activity happened more often when your mother was not herself, and now that she is better it has stopped. Negative energy in a home can stir up paranormal activity if there is something already present. I admire you for standing by your mom even when your experiencing things that are pretty scary.

As long as you both stand together and maintain that loving bond you will be able to get through anything. You said your mom does not want to do the cleansing ritual, and that is fine because I don't think it is vital at this point. If activity picks up again or gets worse you could always revisit the option. Also, there are tons of other things you can use, or place around the apartment to keep the energy calm.

I think Darkness has a great opinion on what was going on with the cd player and the door. There is always that possibility of a malfunction. 😊

I am happy to hear that your mom is doing well, and look forward to any other experiences you may have. 😁
herohead (2 stories) (61 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-31)
this is me smiling 😊
No hard feelings, its not easy to write these things cause I know how it sounds 😊
gannubhaibtech (32 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-31)
Cartoons you say miracles. Well I'm just probably being a baby. I give into herohead. It was a ghost. I accept. Now let's all smile and have a nice day.
gannubhaibtech (32 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-08-31)
Its ok. Dude I'm just stating 1 or 2 of many obvious causes. And if without any fault in your TV if channels start changing, omg, wait for it, ITS A GODDAMN GHOST! Dude, I advice you, please watch home alone series especially I liked the third, kids are talented these days, if they can't come out with an idea, but I stand for it that they are excellent out of box thinkers, they can imitate. If kids can do stuff like that teenagers definitely can. So it can be a burglar, a prankster or wait for it, a GHOST! Immaterial has become immaterial. Dude if atleast you can do this for me and for you, please read the story of the guy who gave the model for the molecular structure of benzene and then tell me did freidrich von kekule or someone named like that indeed se a demon or ghost or spirit which assisted him.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-08-31)
herohead and gannubhaibtech - guys, before this gets into a fistfight, can we just agree that y'all aren't going to agree on this and let it end here?

This has the potential to drag on for a long time and it won't end well at all. Nothing will be solved. Herohead is still going to believe he experienced something paranormal and gannubhaibtech isn't going to believe it. Stalemate.

We all have differences of opinions on what we believe and sometimes we've lost friendships over these things. Even though y'all aren't friends, I'd really rather not see this one turn into a battle brawl. Sorry, watching cartoons with my little boy πŸ˜†
herohead (2 stories) (61 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-31)
yeah sorry about that the cd tray malfunctioned, and in the middle of the night burglers came in and moved the fridge and stove... And dropped a knife on the floor
Then the cd tray malfunctioned again at the exaktly right time for my mom to see it.

Gannubhaibtech I can't explain it okay believe it or not but don't tell me that I choose to believe in ghost. I have seen them they DO exist!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-08-31)
gannubhaibtech - thank you for explaining that for me. I appreciate it.
gannubhaibtech (32 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2011-08-31)
Correction: its any channel not another channel. And devil messed up the spelling, where devil stands for my phones spelling correct option!
gannubhaibtech (32 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2011-08-31)
dear miracles, channel 666 is just a fun name I gave for channel as a matter of fact another channel or show that talks about paranormal, ghosts and demons, just a fancy name I liked, nothing more. And 666 as stupid as it sounds, its just too popular a number associated with Satan demons and paranormal, might I say, paranormal creatures. So don't worry, its like a pun or something okay? Its not an actual TV channel that I talk about. If you need more explanation, if you say to a kid, this guy is from Hong Kong they might not understand but if you say, did you know this guy is from a country from where Bruce lee was, suddenly, the kid is interested. Get it?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+6
13 years ago (2011-08-31)
gannubhaibtech - okay, I guess it's going to be one of those days for me πŸ˜‰. Heaven help the people I work with πŸ˜†. I'll bite.

What is channel 666 and why would you sincerely advise staying away from it? If it's just because it is channel "666," dude. It's a number. It falls between 665 and 667. Nothing more than that. If it was anything satanic, it would have been eliminated from our numbering system a helluva long time ago. Sorry, but that's just the way it is. We just went through this on a story not too long ago.

See, the thing is I'm pretty sure your channel 666 is not the same as let's say JarMan's channel 666 or Darkness's. So you must be basing this all on the "666."

I'm not going to get drawn into a religious debate over this, but seriously? Stay away from a TV channel? πŸ˜•
gannubhaibtech (32 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2011-08-31)
My serious and sincere advice, stay away from channel 666, it really doesn't help.

This comment from gannubhaibtech is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

herohead (2 stories) (61 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-31)
gannubhaibtech the front door was locked. And it was still locked.
I can't imagine someone doing such a prank.

This comment from gannubhaibtech is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

herohead (2 stories) (61 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-31)
Wow thx for all your comments. First of all I would like to say that I can't tell you if it is or isn't possible... But it happened the fridge and stove moved...

Im no longer afraid, I was because I was young and didn't know anything about ghost other than they were scary.

It is my mom's apartment so I can't cleanse it, she won't let me I think she has come to terms with it. (but thx for the recipe)

I think it grew stronger because my mom was going tru difficult times and now she's better so it doesn't get so strong again. And she WAS drinkin ALOT!.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-31)
Trix,

Good to see you back. 😁 I am flattered by your support. As you have seen in Jav's post I have been suggesting an expanded version of the technique I shared with you... Your situation required quick action, and from what you have said you got just that. πŸ˜‰

Take care I shall keep you and yours in my thoughts and continue to send positive energy your way.

Respectfully,

Rook
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-31)
Hi herohead. Wow... I agree with DARKNESS on the fact that the fridge and the stove are heavy objects to move, but it's not impossible. My grandfather had a haunted plot, almost the same activity that you describes happened there. Javelina gave you good advice about cleansing your home according to Rooks' recipe. I fully trust in Rook with great respect because he helped me as well in the past with good advice. You can trust in this cleansing method because it works like a bomb. I did it myself, except I did it in one day with positive results. You just have to be strong. I know it's easier said than done, but try not to fear this thing because it will feed on your fear. If it is bad then the cleansing will chase it out.

It could also be just a ghost that is attach to the flat, and looking for attention. Sometimes it helps to put out ground rules out loud by telling it that it's your mothers place to stay now and that it must behave itself. I believe you will be able to solve this problem by doing the cleansing. Good luck, and take care. Trix.Sorry-I didn't read all the comments-my time is limit.
❀
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-31)
herohead: Just a quick thought I had, is it possible that the cd tray was malfunctioning, and when it opens and closes maybe it was hitting the cabinet door pushing it open then when it closes the cabinet door closes? Just a thought!

The rest of the occurences do sound quite odd it isn't easy to just slide out a fridge and oven away from the wall, a bit of strength needs to be used. Whatever is there it doesn't seem malevolent, some history of the house and land could be usefull.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-31)
[at] herohead,
I realize how scary it can seem when things like this occur. And I have experienced things like this myself, so I know how you feel. But so many times there are no other explanations, and we just have to accept what we can't explain, chalk it up for what it is, and not let fear overtake us in the process.
I know it probably doesn't help much, but you've obviously experienced what can be considered paranormal activity. The important thing here is that you not let it come between you and your mom. Maybe you can help her find a new place or just let her know that you are there for her if she needs someone to talk to. It can't be easy for her there alone, and just knowing that someone understands can mean more than you know.
I hope things get better for all of you, and just remember that no matter what else happens, family comes first. ❀

Jav ❀

I'm going to leave you with Rooks house cleansing recipe. Please share this with your mom.

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Thank you for sharing. 😊
JarMan (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
But of course, the whole ability to move stuff is a moot point.
JarMan (guest)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
[at] Mountaineer -- That's because stuff can actually sink into things, even solid things such as wood after sitting so long. But generally in every apartment I've ever lived in, a 10 year old could have pushed the oven or fridge out of the way.
Mountaineer (4 stories) (176 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
[at] JarMan: We have several articles of furniture at my house that have protektors under their feet. They are really made for protecting the floor when you move the furniture, not making it easier to move the furniture. This can be an added bonus of them while they're new, but if they have been sitting squashed under the furniture for long enough they will start to become less effective. Long enough as I am describing it is several years, by the way. The protektor things had been under our home entertainment center for almost a decade and when we tried to move it, I dare say it was not much easier than it would have been had the feet been bare.
JarMan (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
If they had those "protektors" on their "feet", then they shouldn't be hard to move at all, they should pretty much effortlessly slide across the floor unless it was carpeting in the kitchen.
herohead (2 stories) (61 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
yes she still lives there and there is still some weird things happening sometimes.

Elephante81 I think I heard the knife cause I was awake when it dropped, and yes I found it next morning. Both the stove and the fridge has these little "protektors" on their "feet" so they don't harm the hardwood floor.

I won't take offense cause I would find it hard to believe if I hadnt seen it πŸ˜‰

Thanks for reading and posting
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
Thanks for sharing.
The events at your mom's place a surely interesting place for activity of the paranormal kind. I know you said that you had several things happen to you there, and I am sure you will share them with us, but I have a quick question Does your mom still live there?

Hope to hear the rest of your stories.

Luv
❀
Elephante81 (2 stories) (59 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
Not trying to discredit your account but I'm just sort of confused... You heard a knife drop but didn't hear the fridge move? How did you know it was a knife dropping? Did you find it on the kitchen floor the next day?
Mountaineer (4 stories) (176 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
I would think that a person moving those appliances would make a great deal of noise... Both from the person and the appliance. If you weren't woken up by any noise then this is quite strange... Of course I haven't really experimented with moving refrigerators and stoves around in the middle of the night so I wouldn't know exactly what happened.:)
herohead (2 stories) (61 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
JarMan no I don't think my mom moved it, because I slep in her bed with her that night. As said in the story there isn't room anywhere else, and I would have woken up if she left.
And she wasn't drunk when we where with her, it was always when she was alone she would be drinkin.

The stove is a normal stove and the fridge is a small fridge but the thing is that there is no room in that kitchen to move it out. You would have to pull on the refrigerator door to move it.

I don't think it is anything threatening. But it sure was scary as H... 😊 but there's more to come
JarMan (guest)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
Assuming it was your Mother's imagination because she was drinking a good call on your part, hell it could have been your Mother crying out for attention to you kids.

How big was the stove and fridge? Most of these things are pretty easy to move on their own, so unless your Mother was a very frail person or it was like a cast iron stove, I doubt it should have taken two of you to do it. Perhaps she was moving stuff around while she was drinking?

It also could have very well been another tenant, that's part of apartment life and you get used to it after awhile.

I can't really explain the cabinet, although it is rather strange for it to not only do it constantly, but again almost as if it was proving itself.

Whatever the case, I am sure it wasn't anything threatening.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: