You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted Apartment Or Paranoid?

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Apartment Or Paranoid?

 

This is my first story on here. I have been an avid reader but am now too experiencing some things that you can hopefully help with. Apologizing now if this story isn't the best, this is my first time writing and recalling events like this.

I live in university apartments that are relatively new, about 2 or 3 years old... All was fine and well until small occurrences began to happen. For example, your typical things moving or falling over without any one touching them or no draft or breeze to move them. Then you'd see occasional shadows and hear bumps when no one was home.

The first major event took place at the beginning of the month (November) and I was sitting in my room (no tv on and none of my roommates were home) and I heard a voice call out my name and just got the typical eerie feeling. My roommates and I have also heard voices and footsteps on different occasions (I have 3 roommates), thinking our other roommates were home and to find that we were the only ones in the apartment.

Then just today (end of November) I was on the phone with my mother and she said she swore she heard a man yelling in the background and swore I had someone in my room... No one was home and I did not hear it. There could of been some interference but just odd that she would hear something like that when I heard nothing. Then fast forward maybe an hour and I'm sitting on my bed, watching youtube and hear stuff crashing around in my closet like something fell. Walk in my closet and everything is still in its place.

I try not to bring attention to these things as it may give them more power but I also need opinions if it could be something paranormal. I try to find a logical explanation for everything but there is truly no explanation I can find right now for the things falling over and the ruckus in my closet earlier. Thank you for taking the time to read this... I know its not the most exciting story but just trying to hear some opinions.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, reyoflight, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Jubeele (26 stories) (886 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-11)
Hi Rey, for some reason many closets seem to hold more than just clothing. I tend to air mine periodically to clear away the musty shadows, so to speak. 😉

Maybe the doorway to the closet somehow frames a portal? Also, could there be items left behind by past occupants of the apartment that are still holding some residual energy? Just speculating on the possibilities...

The account by The8Ms also relates to a closet (as well as a root cellar). In this instance, the problem seems to emanate from the land itself. Perhaps some earth spirit made manifest by the negative energy from the present property owners? Or was it the closet all along? 🤔
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=25200
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-11)
With regards to the question about the closets. My thinking is that it takes entities a certain amount of energy to manifest - any other ambient energy present (from noise to light etc) creates interference requiring more energy for the entity to manifest itself. In my opinion, that explains both the closet thing and the equally as mentioned 3AM thing without attributing any erroneous occult significance to either - closets are typically (at least comparatively) dark and quiet as are the wee hours of the morning creating areas of 'least resistance' for manifesting or mucking about. That's just my thinking on the whole thing anyway - just a thought:-)
reyoflight (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-10)
L_Melb,
Yes it is a built in closet! And I would also like to know if there are any connections also. Thanks for reading!
L_Melb (220 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-10)
What is it about closets?
Am I right in assuming it is a "built in" kind of thing or is it a movable piece of furniture?

These spaces and strange things are a recurring "theme" I've noticed and if anyone might have a theory that may help reyoflight or fix my curiosity that would be great.
Also if anyone could say anything on whether closets/wardrobes which are part of a property rather than furniture seems to have any relevance I know I for one would be most thankful!
reyoflight (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-05)
RC,
Yes they demolished the homes/neighborhood and built the dorms over them.
And yes I also have had some friends experience some things, my roommate swore she saw a little boy in our room one night where we always felt a presence. Others have had things unplug and move in the middle of the night and had their music change on their phones randomly... Not like skipping between songs but skipping back and forth in the song.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-05)
Rey, hi again. Thank you for sharing your experiences.

So, built where there used to be houses? So many possibilities there. From curious teens messing around scaring each other during sleepovers to, well, some very unpleasant crimes against persons. 😠

Have any of your roommates or dormmates reported any experiences?
reyoflight (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-04)
RCRuskin,
The dorms were actually built around 2 years ago over demolished houses. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my story!
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-04)
I often hear strange sounds and noises, things falling, talking, etc. Around my apartment, but the building I'm in is currently under reconstruction while being occupied. Vents and shafts carry sound from distant places.

While I hope your dorm room is not currently being built, I wonder if this might explain some of the noises. Namely, carryovers from other rooms.

With that in mind, what existed in the spot where the dorm is now?

What legends surround your institute of higher education?

These things may or may not have any bearing on your situation, but I once worked at a college built on land that once housed a cemetery. Details in http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=22726

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: