You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Am I Paranoid Or Being Haunted

Real Ghost Stories

Am I Paranoid Or Being Haunted

 

I've lived in my house for a few years and I have always had a strange feeling about the house and I always think I see shadows and things like in the shape of a human. But lately things have been getting more weird.

Few weeks ago I started hearing foot steps, and now I always feel like I'm being watched. I asked my sister if she had been walking at night and she said I was just being paranoid and its all in my mind. But some things I'm sure I didn't imagine.

A few days before I wrote this I heard someone banging my door, not like knocking to get me to let them in I mean like BANGING hard like they want to break down the door, and then my computer screen lit up my room, but my computer was asleep and you have to move the mouse or hit a key to wake it up. I spent the night with the lights on and looking at the door. The next day my mom asked why I was so tired and I told her what happened. She said the pipes sometimes bang, but pipes don't hit doors, or move computer mouses.

Two days ago (as of the time I am writing this) I was home alone and I went downstairs because my dogs were barking, when I got there I felt very cold and all my cats and dogs were looking at this one corner of the room, then they all acted normal again, and then a few seconds later, I heard a loud BANG on the second floor. It sounded like a large object crashed to the ground, very very hard, I was too scared to see what it was for about an hour but when I finally got the courage to go upstairs everything was normal. I haven't told anyone about it.

I have a lot more stories, but they're too long to put into this.

Other hauntings by epicunicorn8165

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, epicunicorn8165, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Zack84 (8 stories) (32 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-04)
I'd be interested in knowing if at the time these strange occurrences started, your family had begun any remodeling of the house? From about 1998 to 2004 I lived in a house with my mother that was built in 1891. Very loud banging sounds from strange places and the sound of walking were, and still are, very common but didn't really start until after renovations began on the house.
Manofmystery656565 (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-02)
This story is not uncommon. The house is haunted. I am a spiritualist who knows about this. When the dogs bark for no reason they see something no one else does. I know that there's more to this story. You see black orbs at the corner of your eye. Experiencing a lot of bad luck. You have cold sweats, feel cold chills in certain areas of the house. I never charge anything. You are not imagining this. I m here.
epicunicorn8165 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-02)
my family hasnt heard or seen anything but my freinds have but inly near my room
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-27)
Hey there! I realize that you're sensitive to the paranormal but I still suggest you ask your family members if they have experienced any such stuff! Act before its too late! Great story,thanks!
-Shady
Kay4 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-27)
Start keeping a journal of your experiences. After a few days you might start noticing a pattern such as noises that occur at the same time each day. Take this information and see if you can find a cause, for example the heat/cooling system turning on. I know for myself taking some type of control alleviates fear.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-02-27)
Hi epicunicorn8165,
First, thanks for sharing.I'm torn about what to say here. Even if it's 'all in your mind' as your sister said (which leads me to suspect she hasn't experienced anything) it's still scary for you. That said, there can be some logical explinations for some of the things you've suggested but there isn't enough information about your surroundings to really suggest anything. For instance, if a heavy truck goes past here, my music box will play of its own accord, because of the vibrations. An 'empty' house (home alone) has different sounds then one with others around - we simply notice them more. Now, if you rule out all logical explinations (which can be hard to do) then it might well be as Rook suggests, a Poltergeist.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-27)
Hello epicunicorn8165, I want to go with Rook. I also feel it is Poltergeist.

But, if you feel that the entity is negative, then take the option of cleansing the house with Rook's method of cleansing. Perhaps that could help. Also, please find out if any other person in your house had such experiences as Sceptic-Ari suggested.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-27)
I have one word that may explain what is happening...

Poltergeist

I am guessing by your previous comments (I checked your profile) and from what you have shared with us that you are 13... 14 at the most, so my word for you is...

Poltergeist

Thatis of course IF you are being honest with us.

Please ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-27)
Dear epicunicorn8165,
Thanks for sharing.

Has anyone other than you ever experienced such incidents at your house? If not family members, maybe a friend, someone visiting, or anybody, anyone?

Regards

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: