You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Am I Just Paranoid?

Real Ghost Stories

Am I Just Paranoid?

 

I was on a call with one of my closest friends, and her sister started talking about hearing stomping on the roof, that got louder and faster, then abruptly stopped. Then they started talking about the spirits that lived in their house, third eye stuff, communicating with them, and I got a Little little bit scared.

Then I started to hear something like she described. I looked outside, checked the bedrooms, and I couldn't hear it anywhere else but my bedroom, and it was loud. Like... Think of it like someone knocking on the floor, but it has a walking pattern to it. Then it stopped, but then it sounded like someone fell, then a quiet groan. Then it went silent again. And I started to shiver and I teared up. Once I calmed down, I heard the groan again. I got up, and checked the bedrooms again, my younger sister was still sleeping, as was my Mother. My Father doesn't live with us, so that was out of the question. And I live above a store, but it wasn't open on the weekends, so that was out of the question once again. At the time I heard the 'stomping' I was in my closet, (being strange,) and that's when the conversation started up.

I told my friend everything that went down, and she said I'm probably just paranoid. I laughed it off but I'm still shook. I was shaking even after the conversation stopped, and I can't convince myself that it was just a fragment of my imagination.

Am I just paranoid, or is there someone or something living in the roof? We have no attic, but we have vents in the ceiling. Was it possibly just an animal? Or supernatural?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lycrum, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

sugarANDspice (19 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-07-10)
Something like that happened to me, but my friend's little brother was the one trying to scare us.

Love. S&s ❤
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-10)
Meh, when I was a kid, I used to take the carry around phone into my closet to talk to my friends "in private". Its not that uncommon I don't think... I hope lol 😆

Also when I was a kid, I was terrified of Santa Claus (ok still am!) One Christmas Eve, my older brother (by 10 years) decided to exploit that fact and have a little fun. He rustled up a pair of oversized galoshes and a handful of "jingle" bells and scrambled up to the shed roof outside my bedroom window at some ungodly hour of the night. He then proceeded to stomp about in the dark booming "Ho! Ho! Ho!" in the evilest way you can imagine while ringing the jingle bells. I, at the time, was absolutely convinced that the "Jolly Old Saint" had come to collect! I was TERRIFIED!

Your friends may just have played a similar stunt on you...
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-07-06)
Being shy of due to some unknown reason author decided to select his/her constitutional right provide by this website of not to participate in the discussion.
Using ours, we expresses ours feelings just to convey to our emotions that it might not was a good decision to just
Stay tuned without expressing your thoughts on the captioned subject😭
NO offense ment

Regarda
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-05)
Lycrum,

Welcome to YGS. I wouldn't say paranoid, but the power of suggestion can be strong. Is it possible your friend and sister were just messing with you? Of course, the noises you heard could be explained by an animal or the building settling. I have heard squirrels scamper across my roof and am surprised at how loud they can be for being so small.

I'm sure there isn't 'someone or something living in the roof'. I'm confused on why you were in the closest though?

Thanks for sharing 😊
Dee
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-07-05)
Me thinks you are being paranoid...

I wouldn't be surprised if your friend's sister was the one making the noises and then they pranked you into believe that it was "the spirits that lived in their house, third eye stuff, communicating with them,"

Too bad you have decided not to participate in the discussion, I would like to know if you found what was making the noise in the roof.

Enjoy your summer brake without fears and with a positive attitude.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: