You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Few Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

A Few Experiences

 

In my neighborhood there is a creek that runs through about the middle, so my friend and I always meet there when we want to walk somewhere. One of the times, she was taking longer than usual, so I decided to go down into the creek, which I knew pretty well. I was standing on a rock when I heard my friend start to come to the ledge (they have a small ledge with a handrail built to keep people from falling in) and I heard twigs snapping on the bank about a yard and a half above me. I looked up and saw a dark man-shaped figure walking in the direction of the ledge. I thought it was a resident at first, so I turned to my friend (who was coming nearer to me, now) and told her that we're probably going to get in trouble from that guy, so we better leave. She looked up on the bank and then back at me with a strange expression.

"What guy?" she asked.

When I looked back up onto the bank, the figure was gone, but I would have heard him leave, and there wouldn't have been time for him to be out of sight that fast, even if he ran.

Once at my school, classes were about to start, so the playground outside was deserted. I looked out onto the playground, and saw a little boy swinging out there --alone. I turned my head, thinking nothing of it at the time. And then I realized a little boy SHOULDN'T be outside when classes are about to start. The only reason I'm listing this is because a friend of mine told me she saw the ghost of a little boy who seemed to look just like the one I saw, so there's a chance it could be a ghost. Not sure.

Another time at school, some friends and I were sharing our experiences with ghosts and things like that. All of a sudden, all of us began to feel very cold, but everyone else in the room was feeling quite warm. Later on, I was told be one of them to go into the largest stall in the bathroom. I did, and it was considerably colder in there, and when I left, I had this terrible feeling of guilt and dread. Everyone that went in there that day experienced the same thing.

Yet another time in the school bathroom, I was in the bathroom alone, and there was no one in the men's bathroom either. After I went into the stall and locked the door, the lock began to rattle. I got scared and decided to go to a different stall. It was also very cold.

Two of my friends and I were in my backyard, home alone. All of a sudden, we heard the porch door slam (I have an enclosed back porch), but there was nothing around to make it do that. There wasn't any wind, that day, and my dog was laying in the sun. One of my friends started saying that she heard one of those dolls that you squeeze and it says "mama", except it just kept saying it over and over again. My other friend started hearing it, too.

One of my friends and I were home alone (again) and we had the TV turned off. My friend looked at me and said "I hear your phone..." I told her that I didn't hear it ringing, and she said, "No, not ringing, I hear someone clicking the buttons..." We, at the time, had terrible Skelerophibia (fear of 'bad guys' or of being kidnapped, raped, or killed) so we started freaking out and ran from the house.

Broken Arrow's North Intermediate High School Theatre Room is haunted by a ghost named Hannah, who is said to have died from a concussion caused by jumping off the stage. This year, my fifth-grade-play was performed there. I was in the chorus and not allowed backstage, but my friend was in the play, so she was. She was in the hallway after changing into her costume when she felt the temperature drop and heard footsteps running towards her. She turned in their direction, and there was no one there, but the footsteps were running in the opposite direction...

Other hauntings by Shadows

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shadows, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

anzime11 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
okay, I know where Broken Arrow, oklahoma is because I live in OKC. Anyways, that sounds really interesting. Especially the little boy alone on the playground. I'd LOVE to investigate there but I don't think I can (considering its a school and all) but I really wish I could.
soundofwhite (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-02)
omg. Just had to say when I read the line about the porch door slamming my roommates door SLAMMED shut. Omggg I nearly had a heart attack lol. Now I'm freaked because I'm home alone eek. I know it was just the wind but still my heart is still racing haha
Leanne (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-15)
I'm sorry but have to say to haunted2009... Stop spamming. You are not leaving any comments to help the person who shared their story here. 😢
TammyMom (32 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
Shadows, I know where Broken Arrow, Oklahoma is. It is right outside of Tulsa. I was raised in Bethany, OK which is considered part of the metro area of Oklahoma City. I now live in El Reno, which is just a few miles out of OKC in the Yukon/Mustang/El Reno area. Would you happen to know when the North Intermediate High School was built? Where is it located? It must still be open to students for public education, so I'm sure there would be no way to investigate there, but maybe it will be possible sometime in the future. Take care and be careful.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-05)
Thank you for sharing your encounters. You have had quite a few. Remember to pray and keep your faith AND your wits about you---stay away from ouijia boards, they are not a toy, no matter how curious you are about the pranormal.

God Bless!
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-27)
thanks for sharing your story. I enjoyed reading it. I have had experiences with ghosts as well. 😊
Shadows (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-26)
Shane:
It was a school play that was performed in the theatre room of the high school. It isn't really a big deal, but thank you anyway. 😊
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-22)
Dear Shadows,

My, you have had many experiences with ghosts and have been so brave too. Pretty soon it will be just old hat for you or shall I say old ghosts for you. 😉

I appreciate you sharing your many ghost experiences and encounters with ghosts.

Blessings, Abby
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-21)
Thank you for sharing your story with us Shadows, hope you got a good review on your play.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: