You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Poodle Came Back After 17 Years

Real Ghost Stories

Poodle Came Back After 17 Years

 

I had a toy poodle named Satin, growing up and approx. 21 years she passed away, we were all heart broken. My parents never did get another pet as they found it too hard once those pets leave us.

About 3 years ago my oldest son was staying at their house for three months while they were in Florida, he would often call me say "Mom I keep seeing a little white dog by the front door, or standing by the brick wall, and I hear it running around the house a night". I then told him about our Satin, as he was too little when she was with us.

After telling other family members they all thought my son and I were crazy, until 2 nights ago when my Mom went to bed about 15 minutes later she could hear sounds like a dog running across the hard wood floor in the living room toward her room. She thought it was my new dog Timbit, (she often watch's Timbit for me). Then she thought it can't be Timbit as he is not here. She then felt a jump on the bed, she stated it was like something small jumped on the bed. She could feel the indentation. She felt around but nothing. She even turned the light on but nothing was there.

She then called My son and told him about her encounter with Satin and he said "Nana I told you there was a dog in your house". What I find odd is after 21 years she is now back with us. I will say as many times as my dog has been there over night or a day at play he has never seemed to sense another dog in or around the house. My Mom also nows sleeps in a different bedroom in the same house and Satin seemed to know where she was.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, houselisa, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Justin_9493 (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-15)
Thanks for sharing your experinces. I don't have anything more to add than what's already been said. Thanks again.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
have to agree with the other comments here, the dog never really left but is now showing up as your dog is around sometimes, could even be a tiny bit of envy on satin's part.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
My first thought was the same as stephyw2001's, that she was always there but now has let her presence known since Tidbit is there.

My second thought was that your dog came back to protect your son and the house while he was staying at your mother's house. I thought of this because from your story, I get that the incidents started after your son moved in.

Champion,
It was nice of your wife to do that for your dog.

I wish I had a dog but I can't because of my brother's asthma. I remember having two dogs in Sri Lanka and how protective of me, they were but could really be annoying because I loved pulling their ears and tails. Being three years old, I thought that was fun...memories...sorry houselisa for taking over your story...
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
houselisa- my wife and I just recently had the same experience but we never saw her only felt her weight on the bed or hear her nails on the floor, that sort of thing and we believe that she was jealous of our new dog and wanted attention as well. After my wife made her a simple marker with her name on it and said a prayer for her peace she stopped coming. We enjoyed her presence but felt she needed to move on, hopefully someplace better. Thanks for the story!

Champion
stephyw2001 (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
Its possible that the dog never left, but is more active now because she has a new playmate that can see her. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: