You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Mysterious Hooded Figure

Real Ghost Stories

The Mysterious Hooded Figure

 

This experience happened to my younger brother. This happened in our second house, many years after my experience with the young boy in my room. Just quickly, I will describe my brother's room. My brother had a single bed that faced his doorway, so you could see into the hallway if you were to lie on his bed. My brother always slept with his door open when he was younger, now he sleeps with it shut.

So one night my brother wakes up and looks to his doorway. He saw a very tall person standing in the doorway. Usually, if someone stood in the doorway you could see them clearly, as in you could make out all their facial features. In this case, my brother couldn't see them clearly at all. It was like they were wearing a large black cloak with a hood, it was just blackness. Like one of those hooded people from the Lord of the Rings. My brother at first thought it was our dad because my dad was quite tall, but not as tall as whatever this was, also this thing made my brother feel really uncomfortable.

So this thing was looking into my brother's room for a good minute, before it turned and walked down the hallway towards my room. My brother then got freaked out because he realised that this wasn't our dad or our mum and whatever it was was going to my room. My brother then got out of his bed and went around the corner to check if this thing was in my room. But, as he turned the corner, there was nothing there.

There is no way that anyone could head toward my room and then just disappear. The only way downstairs was past my brothers' room, so if anyone was to go downstairs they would have to walk past his doorway again. My brother told me about this the next day and it freaked me out a little. We don't lie about these sort of things in our family and I could see that he was legit scared out of his mind when he told me this.

Ghosts and sprits don't really freak me out, but for some reason when he told me this, I just got this feeling that whatever it had been was not a good spirit. We haven't seen this thing since, and I personally hope I never see it.

Other hauntings by vivalav

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, vivalav, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

vivalav (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-13)
Thanks for all the advice:) But we moved from that house a long time ago and are now in a new house so we have rearranged our room layouts. Both my brother and I have a beds next to our doors with our feet facing a wall now.
mhalditah (9 stories) (36 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-06)
i agree with donna74ph. In chinese, it is bad luck if your bed is fronting the door. Take her advice, rearrange your room. I sometimes rearrange my room as well if I feel that I'm not comfortable in it. Even in my office. Try to google "feng shui", it might help.

Thanks for sharing and goodluck!
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-06)
I like DARKNESS'S theory there, and redphx's about the spirit just wandering through, It would be interesting to know if any other things happened in this place? Or did anyone else experience anything while there?
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-06)
Was this the only account that was experienced in the home? As redphx mentioned it may have been just a wandering spirit just passing through, there are many accounts of people witnessing shadow people which your brother had seen, they seem to be a very common thing to witness. The majority of cases they are not malevolent, they are merely either trying to manifest or are curious, or wanting to be acknowledged and wanting attention.
The feeling of uncomfortableness I tend to think is them trying to manifest, they are drawing energy from whatever they can at the time. This is my crackpot theory for the day lol.😁

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
donna74ph (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-06)
In my country, there is a belief that the bed should not directly face the door. Nor should you sleep with your feet directed at the door. It has something to do with spirits or entities that can get you. It is like you are inviting them to come and get you. Rearrange the location of the bed.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-04)
It doesn't sound like anything bad. It appears that he was just passing through and decided to stop and take a look before he left. I don't think that you will see him again.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: