You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Visit In The Night

Real Ghost Stories

Visit In The Night

 

This was my very first experience with a spirit. Firstly, you should know that my family, particularly on my mum's side, are more sensitive to spirits. At the time of my experience I was around four or five years old (18 now) and was living in my second house (in my fourth house now). Just to set the scene, this happened in my bedroom which was on the third floor of my house. I had a single four poster bed that had tall posts at each corner of my bed and small poles that where connected to each of the posts at the top. My bed was right up against a wall and on the other side of my bed was my dresser and window. Finally, the door to my room was at the foot of my bed, but you couldn't see the door if you were to lie on my bed as it was hidden by the wall.

Here is what happened. I woke up late into the night. Nothing had woken me up, but I felt wide awake. I was facing my wall and rolled over onto my back. As I did, I looked up to the post on the right end of my bed. Sitting on the top of the small pole that connected the two larger posts was a young boy. I could see him very clearly; he looked completely solid. I would say he looked to be about eight to ten years old. He had short brown hair and brown eyes and was wearing a green shirt with dark coloured pants. I looked right at him, I didn't feel afraid, I actually felt quite comfortable. He smiled at me and gave me a small wave.

Then he spoke to me. He looked at me and asked me "Hi, do you want to come outside and play for a bit?"

Now being the well behaved child that I was I replied "Sorry, I'm not allowed it's too late"

The boy just smiled at me and said "That's alright"

So I rolled back over to face the wall and closed my eyes. I fell asleep maybe two minutes later and didn't wake up until the next morning.

My brother's room was just down the hall from mine, but this little boy wasn't my brother because my brother was two at the time, so there was no way that he could have got into my room, climbed up my bed and just sit there. Plus, if anyone ever walked into my room, the floor boards in my doorway creaked really loudly, so I usually woke up whenever this happened and I did not hear my floorboards creak.

The next morning I remembered everything I told my mum what had happened and she believed me.

A few years ago, my mum went to a medium. She was going because things in our life were a little crazy and we were going through some tough times. She wanted some reassurance that our family (as in me, my brother and my mum) were going to be ok. Halfway through the reading the medium suddenly asked my mum if I had been visited by a small boy when I was younger. (The medium didn't know about this, in fact only I, my mum and my brother knew). My mum said that yes I had been. The medium then said that I would be alright because that young boy was my guardian angel, and that night he had just come to check on me.

So, that's my first experience. There a few more things that have happened to me, and I'll share them later down the track. Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by vivalav

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, vivalav, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
An 'actual' obe is very different from sleep paralysis, hypnogogic hallucinations etc. When I obe (and have learned that most others that have these experiences) there is a period of time during the half awake/half asleep phase where there are incredible vibrations. These vibrations make a sound that anyone experiencing can't forget. For me, thankfully, these sounds aren't extremely loud, but for some they are. When the vibrations (which seem to have two distinctly separate layers) 'line up' the sounds and vibrations stop. For myself, there is a strange but not unpleasant sucking sensation all over the body, then a sucking pop sound and I'm out of body.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
If something is an actual OBE, how can you tell? The 'evidence' is rather subjective.
vivalav (2 stories) (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-22)
To answer all your qustions, I have only ever seen this boy once. And as far as more visitations, I myself have only had a few more, but none as clear as this one. My Grandmother has many visitaions, out of everyone in the family she is more "in tune" with the spirt world. From an early age she has always engoruaged me to not be afraid of spirts, I guess that's whay I wasn't afraid. Thanks for all the question by the way, I'm happy to answer anymore you may have.
Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-20)
I'd like to admit that I enjoy moongrims very mundane comments (meaning the logical, rational possibile answers to the stories posted on the site) but not all things seen by people in between awake and asleep can be shuffled into the hypnogogic hallucination pile. Many of these are actual out of body experiences with the person having them being completely unaware that they are out of body. To the very young, it seems as if they've just awakened for no apparent reason. It's been my experience that often the spirits "call you out", meaning they ask you to go with them to show you something or do something together. Most times you don't go far and stick around the house. To the people that this happens to, we are pretty blas
TerriLewis123 (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-18)
I liked your story, but I tend to agree with Bacchaegrl. This may be a lonely little boy. It is a little strange to be asked to play at night.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-08-18)
Or more than likely what you had was a hypnogogic hallucination. A dream whilst you were semi-awake.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-18)
A guardian angel is a possibility. In my opinion, the medium might have been telling you that just to comfort you. What gets me is that he asked you to go outside and play. Wouldn't an angel know perfectly well that little kids shouldn't go outside and play in the middle of the night? It just seems like an odd request, were it really an angel. However, since the little boy wasn't too insistent, he didn't sound like a bad spirit at all. Just a lonely little boy. Maybe it's just me, but I don't see how this could be an angel. A guardian spirit maybe, but I don't know about an angel. Those are just my thoughts though, and what do I know? It is pretty impressive that the psychic sensed that you had this encounter, but often, psychics tell people what they want to hear. Just a thought.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-18)
I suspect that this was not your first experience with the paranormal. It seems as if you were very comfortable with this little boy in your room and you went right back to sleep. Kids that have not experienced this before may have freaked out a bit. I think it is great that this little boy is your guardian angel. It is comforting to know that someone is checking up on us. You very well have more than one guardian angel. Have you ever seen this little boy anymore?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: