You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Mysterious Disappearance Of 100$ Bills

Real Ghost Stories

Mysterious Disappearance Of 100$ Bills

 

It started way back 2018. And first it started missing from my wallet. I like to carry cash just in case and the 100$ bills are the ones that disappeared. My husband and I bought a safe. I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO KNOWS THE COMBINATION, and MY HUSBAND AND I AGREED TO THIS. MY HUSBAND WHO WORKS AND THE MAJOR EARNER GIVES ME THE MONEY FOR SAFE KEEPING. I work as a writer and what I get paid stays in our bank account. WE ARE THE ONLY 2 LIVING TOGETHER AT HOME. Don't get me wrong, we have money in the bank in both checking and savings account. We have debit cards as well. But I don't like to put everything in the bank and I'd feel more at ease having a " go-to" cash at home.

I am a big saver. I put different denominations in an envelope in amounts of thousands. Then put them in the safe. I put the date when I last counted them. ONLY THE 100$ BILLS ARE MISSING! I lost thousands but everything in the safe is still there including jewelries. ONE INCIDENT IN 2018, ANOTHER IN 2019 AND THEN, NOW. My husband and I are so discouraged and heartbroken. There's no logical way this can be explained. We are pretty frugal. We eat out once a week, no vices (only luxury I can think of is going out of the country for 1 week vacation once a year- and that's not even happening with COVID), we try to help relatives in need on both our sides...

I have a feeling, after ruling out logical possibilities- This must be the work of an entity.

From what I've researched so far, there are witch doctors who employ entities to steal money from others. This is quite rampant in other cultures. Now I'm contemplating if I need a Shaman's services for clearing and for protection. I am not keeping anymore 100$ bills and exchanged what's left into 20$ bills before all of our hard earned cash disappears!

Would love some comment or feedback or suggestions, and putting this out there helps us to move on...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mitch2021, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Softie_thunder_thighs (14 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-05-08)
This must be so frustrating. Have you set a camera? Is it still happening? 🤔
robmkivseries70 (1 stories) (35 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-04-13)
[at] mitch2021,
I like the idea of putting the/ a camera inside the safe as well.
Best,
Rob
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+6
3 years ago (2021-03-14)
Greetings, Mitch, and welcome to YGS.

For the life of me, I cannot imagine what use a spirit or entity would have for high-denomination banknotes.

Do you have the option of resetting the combination lock on your safe? People often reuse passwords and combinations to make them easier to recall (especially birthdays, anniversaries, etc.). If your combination is such a number, changing the combination without telling anyone could yield similar results to setting traps without the risk of losing any further cash.

There may be a very simple explanation, here, such as a light-fingered cleaning lady, a regular guest who is in a tight financial situation, or your husband may be hiding an embarrassing secret (e.g.: a gambling debt) from you.

I would also agree with those who recommended moving more of your cash into the bank; try keeping less than $300 in the house safe, for example. Ask yourself: what in the world could happen that requires more than $300 in cash when you have a debit card as backup, too?

Take care,
Biblio.
sacul001 (4 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-03-14)
It's also well worth noting what kind of safe it is. Many many popular models can be cracked with every day items and in under a few minutes. It just takes a quick search. What brand/model number are you using?
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+7
3 years ago (2021-03-14)
Mitch,
I've had a thought and was wondering a few things - 1) Did you write the combination down anywhere, or if the safe came with one, and store that paper in a drawer, or someplace someone might stumble across it? 2) If anyone has ever observed you opening the safe/ knows of it? 3) If anything coincides with you noticing the cash has gone missing? I.E.= A visiting relative or 'friend', cleaners or service people?
Not sure if it'll make you feel better, but there's been lots of reports of mysterious vanishing money and items without explanation. So, isn't just you.
sacul001 (4 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-03-13)
I am sorry to be the one to tell you this, but there are only two real possibilities here- with a third being very unlikely. I feel like you deserve to be spoken to like an adult and told the truth so here it is:
1) You never put the money in the safe to begin with

2) Your husband has taken the money without telling you and is lying

3) Someone is cracking into the safe and only stealing high denominations (a thief would not do this/very very very unlikely)

It's pretty apparent to me, especially since this has happened more than once before, that your husband is the culprit. I won't speculate on what or whom he spent the cash on, but deep down I think you know the answer. Hint: It wasn't a ghost. 😕
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+6
3 years ago (2021-03-12)
Mitch2021

Without stating the bleedin' obvious in terms of Money Management 101, do you and your husband have / use credit or debit cards with secure PIN numbers etc?

For me, these remove the need for cash rattling around, which then removes the chance of it being lost or stolen.

It would be very difficult indeed, I would think, for an entity to steal money which becomes, basically, an electronic blip, or a concept, once it's "in the bank".

And I felt Melda raised a valid point about interest rates too. Let your money work for YOU!

Regards

Mack (International Financial Advisor Extraordinaire) 😉
mitch2021 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+6
3 years ago (2021-03-12)
Thank you all for the suggestions and opinions. I appreciate your time and effort to respond to this post. I am fully 100% sure that it is not my husband. No shiny new things, no telltale signs of new purchases. Nothing there.

As I have mentioned, we have money in the bank. 80% of it. This is a "go to" stash which I'd like to have if the bank or (atm) is not accessible for some reason.

I do plan to get a camera installed inside just to get proof because not knowing what happened is a big part of the distress. And not keeping $100 bills anymore...
Aros (6 stories) (57 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-03-11)
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your money! That's emotionally and financially draining obviously. Although I am a huge believer in paranormal phenomenon, I tend to look at the non-paranormal explanations first until they can be completely ruled out. I have to side with Mack here... My instinct tells me this is a very real person taking this money. I am not accusing your husband in any way but I would follow the advice below and see if you can find out who is taking the money. I feel strongly it's not an entity or spirit but a very real flesh and blood human that knows the combination somehow. Good luck!
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-03-11)
Mitch2021 - Please don't be annoyed or insulted that a few people have suggested that your husband might be the perpetrator. Even in murder cases the spouse is the first suspect and very often the perpetrator! Obviously that is not always the case.

I have absolutely no idea what happened to the cash although I am rather surprised that you stashed it in a safe at home instead of a bank or an institution offering good interest rates. Well that option is open to you in the future.

In fact I have had items returned to me which I thought were gone forever. One such incident was when my reading glasses disappeared for a few weeks. (Fortunately I still had my old ones). One day it dawned on me - my mischievous resident ghost had hidden them from me. Once I had convinced myself that he was the culprit I spoke to him a lot and asked him to return my glasses. About two mornings later when I was making my bed I found them, neatly folded, under my bedside table. Now this is a four-legged table with no covering on it whatsoever. The carpet is fully visible beneath it. It holds the normal paraphernalia which most bedside tables do, plus the carpet gets vacuumed about three times a week. Just simply reappeared! I said thanks very much and moved on.

So although it seems that you can't produce proof of human intervention, neither do I believe you can provide proof of spiritual intervention.

If I were you I would start depositing my extra income into a reliable, high interest bearing account.

Regards, Melda
Maelstrom (23 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-03-11)
Hello. The very first impression I received, was that it was husband.

As previously stated, change the combination, set up cameras, a hair closed in the door works... Cameras will definitely show who or what the culprit is.

Good luck
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-03-10)
Hi Mitch2021

Intriguing problem indeed.

Have you considered changing the safe combination? There's the very real, non-paranormal chance that your husband is dipping into the safe. Not that I want to crucify this hard-working individual's character, but if it's NOT you, then the only other rational explanation is it's HIM.

Tip: Try carefully securing a single long human hair over the door of the safe where it can't be seen. Then, if this theft is the result of a non-entity then they will HAVE to open the safe door. If the hair is disturbed you can put away the crucifix.

Another way to figure this out is to set up a camera filming both outside the safe AND inside, leave a single $100 note in there and see where / how it goes.

Other explanations, but not necessarily helpful ones, are either of you sleep walkers? Visual clues; Is your husband suddenly wearing new, expensive clothes, shoes, jewelry? Does he have a new car? New set of golf clubs?

Have you considered putting all these thousands into a bank? However, I guess if this brazen thievery IS the work of some money-hungry entity targeting you folk, then your $100 notes will not be safe (no pun intended) ANYWHERE!

I have a potential solution to this problem; don't put any more $100 notes in the safe. Break the $100's into $50 or $20 notes. That just may put an end to this distressing episode.

I have probably been of no help at all.

Regards

Mack
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-03-10)
Sarcasm: wish we had the opposite of this problem. OK. May not entirely sarcasm.

It seems rather specific that it is just bills of that certain denomination.

I would suggest, as an addition to anything else you try, ask a trusted friend to keep count of the bills with you and have your friend keep the inventory sheet as a way to confirm missing money. Unfortunately, with it being physical bills, once lost, they're not replaceable like debit or credit cards are.
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-03-10)
Hi Mitch2021

You know here in South Africa there's adverts in newspapers that "traditional healers" put up offering their services and also have entities to do their bidding for them (make people sick, steal from people, etc) I'm not sure what it is exactly but a few people told me these witch doctors use rats, amongst other things.

If you do decide to go the spiritual route don't give away to much information, let the shaman tell you what's going on that way you will know whomever you go to is really genuine.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: