You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Once Grandma Dies, Everything Changes

Real Ghost Stories

Once Grandma Dies, Everything Changes

 

Around the time I started middle school, strange things started happening to me. During the time that my mother was married to her second husband, his grandmother died. Though, this may not seem very important to most people, it is in this case.

Once she died, my mothers CD player turned on by itself in about a 5-minute window after she actually passed. It played a song that was about not being saddened by someone's death; though I do not remember the song and neither does my mother, so I would not be able to tell you. But, what we found strange about this was that the CD player itself had been turned off, and the song that started playing wasn't the first song on the CD.

Not only did this happen, but after her death, the lights in our apartment started flashing and blowing out quite often; which had never happened before in said apartment. But, the strangest thing that occurred happened while I was lying on my mother's bed watching TV. My brothers were out at the park and my mother was in the kitchen and I heard this loud crash come from my mother's bathroom. I completely froze and just looked at the closed door and my mother rushed in and asked me what happened and all I could do was point to the bathroom and look at her. She proceeded to check out what had happened, and to our surprise, we found that her shelf full of angels had flown off of the wall and was now all the way at the tub, angel statues shattered across the bathroom floor.

After that, nothing really happened for a while. In this time, my mother remarried to her third husband, and we moved into an actual house about 3 miles from the apartment we used to reside in.

Everything seemed fine at first, until I began to wake up with bruises on my wrists resembling fingerprints. I was constantly being asked if I was being abused at home or bullied at school, to which all answers were, "no." I would fall asleep without them, and wake up with them.

At first, they didn't really scare me, it was more of a, "did you see that? Oh, you didn't? Okay then." And I left it at that. I told nobody but my mother, but she proceeded to tell my brothers who still continue to call me crazy for it.

But, since my mother didn't like the idea of me seeing these things, she had my papa (her father), who is a preacher, come and bless the house and myself with anointing oil. It worked for a about a month or two; but then, it came back slowly.

The bruises had stopped appearing, and I was seeing them less frequently. But, they began to get worse during high school. I saw them more often, and they seemed to bring a tinge of fear to me when I did see them.

By this point, my mother and step father thought that maybe we'd be able to see things around me if we took pictures. I wasn't really sure about this, thinking nothing would show up. So one night, which had quite clear skies, my mother and step father went out with me to the backyard and decided to take some pictures. Being me, I decided to joke around a bit and held out my arms like you would when putting an arm over your friends shoulder, and proceeded to say, "come here spirits, you guys want to take some pictures with me?" And so, my mother took three pictures, the first one, there were orbs of light around me, the second one they were still there (though seeming to separate a bit), and the third they seemed to be moving away.

Nothing really important happened after that time. But, once I graduated, they started appearing less. Though, I don't see them as much as I used to, when I do see them, they seem to try to attack me or scare me on purpose.

Example, when I visited my father's house in California for the summer of this year, one appeared in my bedroom by the door and ran at me, disappearing right before it could reach me.

Though, what I find strange is the fact that the only ones I see now are the shadow figures. Whenever I see them, I get a great amount of fear inside myself and recently, I've developed this feeling of paranoia where ever I go; it feels like something's watching me, and I just can't shake it.

Once I finally got the courage to tell my boyfriend about this, he proceeded to tell me about (if I remember correctly) a scientist that believed there is a shadow realm. And that 1 out of every 10, 000 children born each year are born of the shadow realm; and because of this, the people (the shadow figures) from the shadow realm come and try to take them back their entire lives, and they can't have you back until you die.

I'm not really sure if I believe this, because it obviously seems too far out of my own personal paranormal beliefs to be able to fathom that a realm like that would exist and that I would have something to do with it. But, if you happen to have more on that subject, if you believe that might be the case, I'm open to hear what you have to say. I really just want to know if it has anything to do with my mother's second husbands grandmother dying, or if it may be some kind of demon frenzy going on for me, or anything. I just want to know what is happening to me, seeing that as soon as we moved out of the apartment, nothing happened to my mother and things seemed to get worse for me. So, any comments/information/input is welcome and highly appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Idaho

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, only1mariah, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

only1mariah (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-26)
[at] Oerath: Thank you so much for the cleansing ritual. I will definitely try it out and hopefully it will work out.

And thank you all for the comments.
King-Jack (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-25)
Moongrim, Little_love_lolo already cited Stephen Hawking as the scientist who believed there could be shadow planets and realms and such. Quite the interesting story, I must say. I would agree that it is definitely NOT your grandmother, and that you should try telling the spirit (/s) to leave you alone yourself before calling for a priest, or what have you.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-10-22)
Well I'd be just a wee bit interested in the name of this 'scientist' who believes in a 'shadow realm' that folks are born from.

You just gotta love the word of mouth reports. They're worth the paper they're printed on.
Oerath (30 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-22)
Found it! Rook's Cleansing Ritual:

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)
Oerath (30 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-22)
I missed what it was you were seeing after the bruises started. I got the impression from later in the story that you were seeing people but I'm not sure. I tend to agree with the others that it is unlikely your grandma, though that's hard to assess without knowing more about her.

As far as Shadow People go... Well I don't much buy into the idea of a Shadow Realm per-se, at least one that we could have that sort of contact with. That said Shadow People are sometime considered to be extra dimensional beings. They certainly don't behave like ghosts. Generally speaking they are harmless and just observe people. There are some which seem to enjoy tormenting people and/or feeding off their negative emotions, and at a glance they are almost impossible to tell apart. But usually their nature becomes pretty clear after you've been seeing them a while.

Against these sort of beings faith is always your most potent weapon. Faith in yourself, and possibly your religion. Rook (a very knowledgeable user on the site) has an excellent cleansing/protection ritual that would probably help. It's posted with moderate frequency in the comments around here, I'll go see if I can dig it up.
beaner13 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-21)
I would tend to agree with others that this is not the work of the grandmother. The first experience seems to have been her saying good-bye, but as was pointed out by JoBee, I think it opened you up to others. Perhaps you should try to have a Priest (or whomever is the authority figure in your religious belief) to bless you and your home? Or tell it to leave you alone yourself! If you say it with enough conviction the spirit should listen. I used to say
" Any and all spirits who are in this room, you are not welcome here. Leave me and my family alone.", and they usually listened.
Best of luck, and I'm sorry that this is happening to you,
Beaner
only1mariah (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-21)
[at] loca_mocha: No, it happened once a few months ago, but that's the only time since the times mentioned above. Though, it was not as bad as those ones. But besides that, no.
loca_mocha (4 stories) (32 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-21)
I don't know if I believe the 'shadow realm' but I do have the sensation of being watched and followed. I think the bruises on your wrists are kind strange though. Has it happened any more? ❤
only1mariah (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-21)
[at] JoBee: True, I wouldn't want to go to some shadow realm when I die either. As for the idea of her making my susceptibility known, I never really thought about that as being a possibility; so thank you for that one.

[at] little_love_lolo: Steven Hawking? Hmm, I'll have to read up on it some more then now that I know who said it. Because every time I would type in Shadow Realm, I would get things from Yu-Gi-Oh.

Thank you both for your comments, they're very appreciated and helpful in trying to figure out everything.
little_love_lolo (4 stories) (33 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-21)
Stephen Hawking was the one who suggested that there may well be a shadow universe, shadow planets, and even shadow people. I'm not entirely sure what that REALLY means (I didn't read much more into it), but it doesn't seem too far-fetched to say that this 'shadow-realm' thing might have a bit of legitimacy to it. Do I believe that shadow people are trying to shepherd you back to this shadow realm? Not particularly. As with most things paranormal, I believe that they just have a different sort of dimensional existence than we do, and somehow or other, they seem to be able to break the wall and watch us. Who knows, maybe we appear the same to them in their universe?

As for the grandmother, I don't think she has anything to do with your 'hauntings', other than of course the first instance. Unless you had some sort of negative relationship with her, I can't imagine her wanting to bring a legion of paranormal doom upon you.

Either way, be alert and aware of the shadow people. I've heard it's difficult to distinguish the goodies from the baddies, so you should probably just stay aware for now. G'luck!
JoBee (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-21)
I'm no expert, and would never claim to be. Your experiences sound pretty similar to some of the stuff I've been dealing with my whole life. There are always shadows following me. I think that's pretty interesting about the shadow realm though. I've never heard of anything like that. I'm interested to learn more about that theory. I suppose it would make sense on a few levels, though I don't want to go to a shadow realm when I die. 😆

I'm also not too sure it has anything to do with your mom's second husband's grandmother. Well not anymore anyway. If she turned on the song, then she may have made your susceptibility to the paranormal known to other entities and they decided to start trying to get to you afterwards. I doubt very seriously that the grandmother would want to bring harm or fear to your life.

Best of luck dear! Hope you get some answers!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: