You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Aunt's New House

Real Ghost Stories

My Aunt's New House

 

I'm pretty sure this happened in '10 or '09. My aunt had bought her first house and Bella and I were helping unpack and she took us to a movie and all that afterwards. When we got home, I got into some trouble (like grounded for life trouble) and my aunt offered us to stay at her house for the night and would drop us off in the morning at school. Of course being us, we love 5 out 6 of our aunts and we stayed at her house.

My sister and I were sleeping in one room and my Aunt's room was right down the hall and her daughter's room right next to ours. Bella and I fell asleep. Being me, I don't wake up much during the night, but I do babble in my sleep. If I do wake up, I'll fall right back asleep, because I don't get much sleep as I used to. Bella on the other hand, sleeps alot, but she wakes up and can't go back to sleep. She notices differences in the night while she's sleeping.

Well, while she was sleeping, she kicked me, more than once. I thought she might've been running in her sleep or something weird. Then she just froze in bed and started groaning through her throat like she couldn't talk through her lips or voice box. She was shaking the bed, not like thrashing, but shaking like as if she were shivering from cold.

I groaned and turned to face her and saw something tall and dark. It looked like smoke, but pitch black. It had no eyes or limbs. It was over my sister, but when I turned it moved back quickly and into the closet. I shook Bella awake from her nightmare that I realized she was now having, and screamed for my aunt to get into our room. We made her sleep in our room with us the rest of the night.

The next morning in the car, Bella told me about her dream. She said that there were structures of people circling her, slowly getting close to her. She sounded scared and started crying.

While at school, she apparently had the same dream when she fell asleep in class during a reading session. One of her friends had to wake her up and she started crying when she woke up. She texted me and told me and I really didn't know what to do. I really didn't know what to tell her at all, I was only 15 or 16, I didn't know anything about ghosts or demons.

All we know is that, when she had the dream, she was in the woods beyond the fence in my aunts backyard. I just don't want that being or her dreams to come back.

Other hauntings by Mercury93

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mercury93, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Mercury93 (5 stories) (18 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-24)
she keeps going back there and my aunt leading her into it. Theyyree both idiots. There are other reasons also, but theyre personal matters. I just don't like the idea that she still goes there after what happened. I don't go there unless I'm forced to. My sister isn't very bright and I hate that she doesn't undertand that whatever is in there is going to get her.
little_love_lolo (4 stories) (33 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-24)
I'm a little confused, Mercury93. You're condemning your sister and your aunt because of something that's in your aunt's house? Does your sister maybe want to just spend time with your aunt, or does she keep going back because of whatever is there? And I guess I'm confused as to why you seem to be blaming it on your aunt. 😕 I'm trying not to jump to conclusions, but it really seems as though that's what you're saying. If your sister is intent on returning there time and time again, why not prompt her to ask your aunt to cleanse the house, as others have suggested? All my best. ❤
Mercury93 (5 stories) (18 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-10-24)
Shes 15 now and at this point in time, I don't care about her. Neither do I care about my aunt and her well being. I know how mean it sounds, but I hope whatever is in her house eats her alive. I hope that bella's dreams do come back and haunt her, because I have told her many times before, not to go there and she still does. I cannot stress enough knowing she's there at this moment, insstead of being in school, where she belongs.

I dreamt of the woods behind the house and there was never a fence seperating the yard and the woods. In my dream, I went into the woods and saw something that I shouldn't have seen, but it was black masses circling a young girl. I ran for help, but for some reason, my grandmother was in the yard watering the plants and she sprayed me with holy water from the hose and told me, "Be gone demon child!".

I swear its just a wooded area, but every time I go there to visit or whatever mom has to do there, I have this weird feeling just to go outside and look around.
Yasmeene (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-24)
she saw one of her past lives... How old is this house? And she might have had a connection to this house in her past life.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-23)
Mercury93,
I can tell you are concerned for your sister's well being, I would be too. However, this may not be a problem for her alone. This thing will just go after someone else if you two decide not to return to the house, and it may have anyway. I am going to offer up a cleansing/shielding ritual from another of our members, Rookdygin. This has been a tried and true remedy used by many of us here on this site. You may offer this up to your aunt if she is interested.

Rook's Recipe below:

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains windows and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please keep us updated and I wish you the best in your Endeavors to get rid of whatever is there.

Jav

Oerath (30 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-22)
I'm curious to know more about the nature of the dreams. It sounds like they take place in the woods behind your aunt's house (that is, your sister is dreaming she is in the woods) and she is surrounded by a lot of people who are circling her? Anything else you can remember?

If you do have to return to your aunt's house, sincere prayer in what ever your faith, as well as certain talismans (crucifixes, proper pentacles, etc) if blessed and invested with strong belief can help ward you. If your aunt is aware of and concerned with the entity you could convince her to have the house blessed/cleansed, which should keep it out.

It sounds like a somewhat angry restless spirit, probably tied in some way (not necessarily by its death) to the woods behind the house. You could investigate the history of the house/area for more info, which may or may not help you deal with the entity, if you are so inclined. If not, the above suggestions should keep you safe.
lynrinth (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-22)
Well, I hope things are better now. Maybe just don't go to your aunt's house for awhile, and if you do again, depending on your own beliefs, say a prayer for protection in case of this happening again. Hopefully, it won't happen again. *shivers*
byoeself (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-21)
Wow, seem like it was something that was aready in the house. For some reason it was more drawn to your sister. I would advise not to stay in the house again. Best thing that you could do is be brave and help your sister. Hope it leaves you two alone. No one deserves to be tormented like that. Wish you my best! 😆

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: