You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Ghost Bending Over Me While I Slept

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Bending Over Me While I Slept

 

I am from Mississippi and was home when this happened to me. The location selector wouldn't allow me to put my location for some reason. I am in my twenties now, but this experience happened to me when was in my late teens and it totally freaked me out. I was wanting to get some thoughts from others as to what could have possibly happened.

Okay, this was around 11:00 at night. I was lying in bed trying to sleep, tossing and turning. I was about to turn over to the other side again, but I got a strange feeling I shouldn't. I didn't even open my eyes at that moment because I sensed I really shouldn't. So, I didn't see anything then, but I just could sense it was a tall cloaked figure watching me. I could tell it was leaning over me, because the air flow from my fan became blocked off. Because I felt endangered, I quickly, without opening my eyes, turned on my lamp. Then I opened my eyes.

I saw nothing. I just sat there shaking with fear for a while. I finally got a little calmer and was still just sitting there deciding to go to sleep with the light on, even though I wasn't sleepy anymore. Then I looked at my comforter. The pattern on it was moving in a snakelike way. It might have even been forming words. But I threw he comforter off my bed.

I then decided that I should probably read the Bible to give me comfort and stability. As I was going to get it from my bookshelf, my lamp started flickering violently. I turned on my overhead light. It didn't flicker. So, I just read for a while with the overhead light and the lamp on. I kept watching for that lamp to see when it would finally stop flickering. Anyway, it finally did a few hours later. And I was finally able to go to sleep, although I still felt spooked.

Now, the bulb was not bad in that lamp. I still use that lamp today and the same bulb still shines brightly years later. I have never changed the light bulb, ever. Sorry for the rambling story, but I would appreciate comments and your thoughts as to what this could have been.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ThatKidTotallyRocks, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ThatKidTotallyRocks (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-03)
I have been tested to an extent. But, I'll look into what you mentioned. Thanks!
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-03)
You may have already looked into this but when seeing strange things are accompanied by other physical sensations like dizziness & bouts of lethargy, you should look for medical issues first. Assuming you have ruled out physical problems in the brain, what you have been describing reminds me of descriptions of psychic vampirism. It would not hurt to look into it.
ThatKidTotallyRocks (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-03)
I still get these weird things where I get dizzy like I've been drugged. But, I haven't had another experience like that or another vision that I remember. I think the dizzy spells are a way of trying to make me sleep. I say this because it's not like a normal virtigo I I experience, but my whole body relaxes and I feel drugged. While in this state I will say things that make no sense whatsoever. But, I usually sit with me head between my knees until it passes.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-03)
Especially after you describing the dream you had, I do not like this at all. Whatever you do, be careful and I would say do as much as you can to keep all sorts of negativity out of your life. I would also recommend for a while that you steer clear of anything that might make you scared or inspire fear of the paranormal. If there is some sort of negative entity hovering around you, it will have nothing to feed off of if you do not fear it or exude negativity. I would also recommend to shield/cleanse yourself and your home. Rookdygin has a pretty good formula for that if you take a second to look him up.
reptilian (45 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-03)
I am curious as to why you were singled out. My email is on my profile but I won't say any more on here.
reptilian (45 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-03)
I have very good reason to believe this was not a spirit but rather a living, breathing being that visited you by means of astral travel ie it projected it's mind to view you without physically being there. You were only aware of it watching you as a result of your own psychic ability (everyone is psychic but some more than others).
As for the light and the comforter it was merely letting you know it was there, as if saying "here I am, challenge me". It was testing you, just as it was in the dream. If it is what I suspect it is then it's a very good thing you didn't accept the challenge.
I strongly advise you put this out of your mind.
ThatKidTotallyRocks (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-02)
Yeah, I've had another odd experience, where I was asleep and had a weird nightmare where I was watching something strange happen to me. I was wearing some sort of bikini, but it was slashed up to make it even more revealing. I would never consciously wear something like that, so I'm pretty sure I was forced to. Anyway, I'm just sitting on a bench in a grey stone room only lit by candle sconces. I hear somebody open the door, but my dream eyes never look at the person. I'm only watching me. I walk in a seductive manner towards the door looking confidently at the person. Then all I see is me unbuttoning a man's pair of pants. All of a sudden, I was picked up by the neck of the person and thrown across the room. I land by the bench I was sitting on, and notice a new feature between two sconces. Written in fire was a unpronounceable name, starting with an N. The person quickly starts approaching me and I wake up. When I awake, my arms are off the bed and pointing at the wall where the name would have been.

When the pattern on the comforter was moving, I was thinking, "I don't want to know what this is going to spell." So I threw it before I could discern any words. I think that experience and this dream are connected somehow, merely because it seems a word or name was trying to be conveyed to me.
missquinn (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-02)
thats intense, I honestly don't know what I would do if that had happened to me... Probably would have pooped my jammies lol.

Have you had any experiences like that since? Or any other experiences at all?

When the comforter was moving what was going through your head?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: