You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghosts In My Classroom

Real Ghost Stories

Ghosts In My Classroom

 

Not long ago I submitted an account of some odd happenings at the school I teach at. I mentioned that I saw shadow people in the hallways and that the school is in a really bad area which has had lots of shootings and murders. This is an update of some other things that have happened since.

I continue to see shadow people around the school but have tried to ignore them... Until the other day. I have two big book shelves next to each other towards the back of my classroom. There is a small space between them and on the first week of school my students would try to get in between them until I told them that was not allowed. They are in Kinder. None of them have attempted it since. I had the students on the carpet teaching a math lesson when I looked up and saw a boy I never saw before sitting in the space between book case. I don't remember much about his details except he had these huge eyes that were just staring at me. I stared back for a second then looked at my students just to make sure none of them had wandered off but when I looked back at the bookcase the boy was gone. My students saw me staring at something so they turned around and asked why I was staring. Not wanting to scare them I just said oh, I thought something fell off the wall. It was really creepy.

A few days later I once again had the kiddos at the carpet teaching reading. I had a boy in time out in a chair near the bookshelf. Suddenly I saw a shadow dash across the room, go right through the boy in time out and then through the wall behind the bookcase and into the class next door. I will say right out, it was not a car driving by. My classroom is very far from the street and there is a portable classroom covering my classroom from the street. It was also not a person because shades were open and since my carpet area with the kids is near the window I would have seen and heard footsteps and someone walking by. This thing I saw floated in... I would say maybe it was my imagination...EXCEPT...that one of my students saw it too. She started screaming and saying it's a ghost, it's a ghost and it went right through "Ben". (Not his real name). Well "Ben" got up in a panic and the rest of my students got really freaked out. The girl just kept saying that the ghost was a man and he was going to return. I did not make out if the shadow I saw was a man or not... All I saw I was the shadow but it was obvious she saw more. Then she screamed out... There he is! All I saw was a little bit of grey movement by the bookcase. Then at recess she kept saying that there were ghosts on the playground but I think she could have been imagining it at that point. In any regards this poor little girl was very scared. I even had parents calling me asking why their kids were so shaken up...

Later after school I was in my classroom alone when the security alarm in the classroom next door starting going off. The teacher had left already and her room was locked. The security company came and said the system sensed movement in there and that is why it went off and asked if I had gone into that room for any reason. I said no, that I had been in my room the entire time... Then suddenly my alarm starting going off for no reason while the security people were there. They could not turn it off and were all baffled by what was going on. It had worked great up until that moment.

I have no idea what is going on at this school, but it is creepy. The fact that the student saw the shadow ghost also tells me that there is something there... I just wish I knew if it was good or not. I don't interact with it and just ignore it when I see it.

Other hauntings by SoliK

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SoliK, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-11)
I'd definitely ask around, ask if there are any weird things people have seen. Your posts are all somewhat old now, but I imagine you have so many stories to tell since this final post! Always, I try to stick to scientific explanations. But after enough of these sorts of situations, I, too, start to wonder. This is when I'd be trying to establish if this spirit is benevolent or malevolent. Best of luck to you, teacher.:) Blessed be!
Halloween2013 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-28)
my advise to you is to try to communicate with the ghost if you haven't already, tell them that they are scaring little kids, most spirits will stop if you ask them or point out that its being a little scary, if the spirit isn't bad, it will listen to you and maybe even interact with you a little.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-17)
SoliK,

Thank you for the update. Intresting that the little girl saw a 'man' when you only saw a shadow move across the room and 'through' poor 'Ben'.

I made a suggestion when you posted your first experience about this school, have you tried it, or any other methods?

Given the history of the neighborhood there is a good chance that there may be many spirits 'hanging around' due to the sudden and violent nature of their demise. This does not mean they are violent or harmful in anyway it just means they are present... Some may not realize they are dead, others may not want to leave and 'cling' near the location of their passing.

Have you learned anymore about the history of the School and/or the property it's on?

Respectfully,

Rook
SoliK (13 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-17)
I know that other teachers have had odd things happen... Like the other day I was in a classroom talking to another teacher and the closet door just flew open. I was like, what was that? And she said the ghost. She said things like that happen all the time. Others say they hear things sometimes like gun shots really close by but when they look around nothing is there. The school is also unusually cold even when the heater is on. The area has a lot of Native American history and the school was named after an explorer. I haven't done a crime check of the area yet... Mostly because I've been swamped but I would be curious to know how many murders and shootings have happened in the area. It's a creepy neighborhood.
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-16)
Moongrim makes some good points and suggestions.

SoliK, what have your colleagues reported about their classrooms or experiences? I'm just so curious about this one. I went to a school where a classroom was supposedly haunted. Years later I heard a nearby home was also affected and the story was - and this is typical - that both were built over a burial ground (I'm not sure if the burial ground was moved, but I would assume so).
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-16)
Well when it comes 'unscrupulous acts of crime'; Western Civilization is practically built upon their very acts.

(Is there such a thing as a 'scrupulous' act of crime?)

I suggest some Cold Iron in warding off the bogies.
Cold iron is a poetic and archaic term for iron, referring to the fact that it feels cold to the touch. In modern usage the term has been most associated with folkloric beliefs that iron could ward off ghosts, fairies, witches, and/or other malevolent supernatural creatures.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_in_folklore#Cold_iron
Davidpsalm234 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-16)
Sounds like the school was built over a certain unscrupulous act of crime time in the past. Perhaps other teachers or the principal might have experienced some of these paranormal activies and why not conduct a cleansing and blessing for the school?
By the way I admire your courage to stay calm as you saw those "things".
Just quickly get over it lest many parents will raise more concern...
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-16)
Solik, I recall reading your other description of this school when I was a lurker here. Thank you for the update; I was curious to see how you were doing. It would be interesting to understand the evolution of both your school and your neighborhood: It might shed some light on the events you and your students have experienced. Have you done any research? Are any other teachers experiencing things?

I am especially interested because supposedly parts of my old school are haunted, though I have never experienced anything there.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: