You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: College Apartment Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

College Apartment Ghost

 

When I was in college my friends and I decided to move to an off campus apartment not too far from the university (Wisconsin). We found a nice complex and the rent was decent. Weird things started happening pretty much from the moment we moved in.

First of all we got an infestation of roaches-which was just ick. Then things were moved around without us moving it. One time one of my roommates was by herself and was studying in her room. When she left to use the bathroom she said the TV was in a complete different place. She got really freaked out. She had a gold fish and one day it was not in the fish tank. She thought it had passed away and that one of us had disposed of it. When she looked at the tank... The fish was back. Anyway one of our roommate's boyfriend moved in with us and we were not happy about it. (He was obnoxious and not very respectful) So me and my friend (the one with the goldfish) moved into another unit. Similar things started happening in that place too and it was in a complete different floor and different side of the building.

One day my roommate came home from class and all the lights were on. She assumed I was home and that I was in my room studying because the door was closed. She sat in the living room and began reading a book. She said she heard voices coming from my bedroom and then thought I was on the phone. She heard a really loud laugh and wondered what was so funny. Right at that moment I walked in the front door from class. She looked at me... Looked at my bedroom and said... I thought you were in your room! I said no... I was at my lab class that evening. She then told me about the voices coming from my room. I got really creeped out and slowly looked in. It was dark and no one was there. We were on a corner so there was no one next door to us so we knew it wasn't the neighbours talking. She said the voices were really loud. Up to that point most of things that happened surrounded my roommate so we wondered if this spirit was connected to her. She had something happen to her as a teen that made her wonder about that.

I had an internship at a TV station and worked the early morning weekend shows. This meant getting up at 4am on a Saturday morning. One day I woke up to the sound of something running around in my room. At first I thought I was dreaming but then for some reason my hand reached down towards the floor and I felt something big and furry like a cat. I immediately sat up and turned on the light all confused. We did not have pets. My door was closed so I knew something could not have wandered in. I looked under the bed, the closet even the drawer but did not see anything (my room was not very big) I then opened the door to use the bathroom... Still kind of in a confused mode. I looked towards the living room and saw a girl sitting on the sofa staring straight ahead toward the window. I wondered if my friend had invited someone over. I think I said hello, and then reached to turn on the living room light on... When I did... She was gone. I remember her clearly... She was blonde, had her hair in a ponytail and was wearing a black coat or jacket. She was looking straight out the window. The odd thing is that I was not scared... Just stunned. I went on and got ready for work and when I got home told my roommate what I had seen and about the cat thing. We wondered if maybe somebody had died in the building.

We made a mention to the landlord but he didn't answer our question directly. My friend eventually got a cat and the cat would run around crazy all the time... Like it was chasing something we couldn't see. I don't know what this was. It was harmless and didn't really bother us... The fact that it happened in both units really made us wonder because the friends in the original unit said things stopped happening there once we moved out. Maybe it was connected to my friend... Or maybe it didn't like my friend's boyfriend either so it followed us. It was an odd experience.

Other hauntings by SoliK

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SoliK, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-28)
It could have been that the cat had lived there and was just going on with his/her everyday business. The cat could have also been yours or your room mates totem animal! Everyone of us not only have guardian angels, spirit guides, but a totem animal as well, who looks after us and protects us from harm. If the cat is just a deceased spirit, maybe it was it who played a game with the goldfish, you know how much they love fish.
If the spirit didn't like your friend's boyfriend, you guys would have known that loud and clear! It does sound like there were spirits in both places.

Thank you again
Zorforler (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-27)
Hey thanks for the extra info. Ummm the fish may have had a tumor or some kind of illness, it happens. The cat knows someones there so pay attention to it and what it does and how it acts, and if it stares in one direction or awhile then that means something is there. As for the gild try to communicate with her but DON'T use an Ouija Board. Ask her her name and how she died and other stuff like that. I'm sure she may answer and she won't hurt you. Remember pay attention to the cat, he will be your guide and eyes and ears.
SoliK (13 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-27)
We got the cat as a kitten and she was the typical playful cat... But then she really started acting strange... Just running everywhere and her hair would stand straight up on many occasions for no reason known to us. (like when a cat is scared). The gold fish thing was odd. She thought maybe it was hiding, but there really wasn't anywhere it could hide. All she had was a small little house and some tiny aquarium stones. She checked the house and the fish wasn't there. This fish actually died an odd death. It started bloating at one side. My roomate who was a med student thought it was a tumor, but the poor thing could barely swim. It's side just kept getting bigger and bigger and finally died. It was a kind very odd thing to see.
The girl I saw looked like either in her late teens, early 20's. Like I said, she was blonde, very white and I saw her side profile. My room was right next to the living room so when I opened the door I could see the sofa which was facing the window/balcony. This is what she was sitting on an just staring at the window. Like I said, I at first thought it was a friend of my roomate who had spent the night, but I was up at 4 am so I thought it was odd for someone to be up just staring out the window. This apartment building was fairly new and had mostly college or grad school students.
Zorforler (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-27)
Wish I was there myself to experience this and I could have told you about the cat. Oh right nice story and Hi I'm Zorforler. Well your cat may actually be chasing something, perhaps that ghost cat that you felt. It is said that animals have a greater sense and can see things we cannot. As for the girl I would like to know how old she was when you saw her and maybe a little more detail on her. As for the goldfish thing ummmm... I got nothing on that lol. I also agree with DARKNESS about the whole spirit may be linked to you two. But you have nothing to fear so no worries.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-25)
Hi SoliK I enjoyed your story, I must admit the part about the goldfish is out there isn't it! It seems to me that all of the occurences seem to be centred around yourself or your friend its attached to one of you. I have a feeling we will be hearing a lot more from you.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: