You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Apparitions In My Grandparents Apartment

Real Ghost Stories

Apparitions In My Grandparents Apartment

 

My family is originally from Mexico. This all happened in my paternal grandparents apartment in the early to mid 1970's. When I was about 1 or 2 my parents moved in with my grandparents temporarily. They had put my crib in my grandparent's bedroom and my parents stayed in a smaller room. While I don't remember this, my parents told me I would scream at the top of my lungs whenever I was put down for a nap or for bedtime. They said I would point to the corner of the room and yelled the words "La Cha cha"-and no it has nothing to do with the dance. In Spanish Cha cha is short for muchacha which means young woman. They said this would also occur in the bathroom. I would point at something in the corner and yell La cha cha... And then would kick and scream saying that she was going to get me.

My cousin also had an experience except she was a little older and ran out of my grandparent's bedroom once. When my uncle-her father asked what was wrong she said that the man wouldn't let her go to sleep. My uncle fearing an intruder had broken in ran in a checked everywhere. They were on the 8th floor and the window was small with no balcony so there was no way anyone would have climbed up just to break in. He asked her where the man was and she said in the corner. No one was there. The next day she also ran out crying saying the man wouldn't let her sleep. My uncle had it by then. They then didn't stay there for a long time.

My grandmother had hung the laundry on the roof (this is very common in large apartments in Mexico) and around dusk it started raining. She asked my aunt-her daughter- to run up and get the clothes because she was making dinner. My aunt who was about 15 at the time ran up there and started taking the clothes down. She was by herself up there. Then she said she took down one of the sheets and when she did this she saw someone standing a few feet away from her. Since it was kind of dark and raining, and the roof was not well-lit she assumed it was another tenant so she said hello. The person was wearing a black cloak and had its back to her. The minute she said hello the figure turned around and she froze. She said the hood was empty except for two glowing red eyes staring at her. She dropped the laundry and closed her eyes and when she opened them the figure was gone. She then ran down back to the apartment in tears and all hysterical. It took a long time for my grandma to calm her down. At first she thought someone had tried to attack her... But then my aunt told her what happened. Apparently other tenants had reported seeing a familiar figure roaming the stairwells and the roof. Whether this thing was related to the "cha cha" or the man who wouldn't let my cousin sleep I don't know. All I know is that this place was really creepy in places and was glad when they moved away to another building. This apartment building actually was destroyed in the big earthquake in 1985. So it was a blessing they weren't still living there at the time. Don't know what is standing there now.

Other hauntings by SoliK

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SoliK, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DCinAZ (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-26)
Solik, you always have such good stories to tell and this is another one. I agree with Cosmo, that hooded red eyed cloaked one on the roof would have shaken me too. The other two are probably related to the apartments. Thanks for another good read. [JarMan] I disagree with your assessment about childrens tendency to misbehave and bend the truth just to get their way. There are countless stories on this website with authors who've mentioned how they went to their parents because they were terrified by something they saw or experienced only to be chastised for it (because of that same attitude) and eventually proven to be telling the truth when their parents saw or had something similar happen to them too. Once you accuse someone of being a liar the less likely they'll be to come to you when something of the human realm threatens them. Just my opinion, and I could be wrong but after raising three children of my own I think I'll stick to my way of erring on the side of caution.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-25)
Wow The cloaked figure I had that happen to my own story too You can read My daddy's death and the hooded figure but no it don't have red glowed eyes but it do scare me I have to sleep under the cover. I wonder is it has something to do before the apartment Building? Cause you know some years back then before the 70's there was no apartment back then I know it just in like say before 1700 there no building like houses and apartment and other place that hadn't build but it's not the place that creepy it's the land That I am try to figure why its has this cloaked figure and where the man and the young woman that you seen as a child might had something to do the land or inside building you say earhqauke maybe that happen to the woman and a man that may had died from that reason cause eathqauke can kill anything in life. Thanks for the story and also and happy thanksgiving.
SoliK (13 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
I don't remember the "cha cha" apparition... Only what my parents told me, but since I've had paranormal experiences most of my life I wouldn't be surprised if I did see something. I can't vouch for my cousin. My grandmother actually associated with "curanderos" who are spiritual healers. There are also some stories of witchcraft on my grandfather's side of the family. (not him directly). My aunt, (who saw the cloak figure on the roof) up to this day has odd occurrences and horrible nightmare as did my dad when he was still alive. Some of them are frightening and maybe I'll share them on here in the near future. I don't think these ghosts were directly related to all of this but I think my family as a whole has been sensitive to paranormal activity and the supernatural.
JarMan (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
Some of this story is interesting, some of it I simply chalk up to children being children. They have a tendency to misbehave or bend the truth to get their way.
JazmineD97 (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
Hi, very interesting story I'm very curious has this happened to anyone before your grandparents moved in or was it just them?
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
Hi Solik, it seems like it may have been 3 seperate entities. In large apartment buildings like that and depending on how long it has been around there are so many things that could have occurred which opened the door for these entites. That cloaked figure with the red eyes gave me the heebie jeebies, I would have dropped everything and ran too 😨 Just curious, had any of the adults experienced anything? Good thing you all moved out of there before something bad happened. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: