You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Dark Spirit Following Me

Real Ghost Stories

Dark Spirit Following Me

 

I have been having paranormal stuff happen to me ever since I moved into my house in 2000. I was ten at the time and I remember seeing weird things when we first moved in, then when I was thirteen I started having dreams where I couldn't move or wake up. These lasted all the way up until I was 18.

When I was fourteen I started seeing figures. One night I heard scratching noises coming from my room. When I checked on it There were scratch marks all over the door post. Recently it has started getting worse whatever it is likes to show itself to me a lot more than usual, which scares the shiat out of me. It has even grabbed me a few times. I recently found out that the lady who owned the house before me was a practitioner of voodoo.

A month ago I went to my room and saw a black figure with no face blocking my way to the room. The figure looked to be as tall as my brother but he was asleep in his room, besides the figure dissipated. I have seen a hooded figure at school and my mother saw the same figure a few days later. I have had moments when I am awake where I can't move and I hear demonic laughing. I have had something I couldn't see crawl up in bed with me.

I have had people pray over me to try to make this thing go away and have tried blessing the house, but they seem to only be a temporary fix.

Any thoughts on what this could be?

Is it some kind of demon or poltergeist or could it be more than one thing?

Would doing paranormal Investigations make this worse, because I have participated in a few.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, badtoby, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-17)
badtoby,

Thank you for sharing this experience with us. There are many ideas on how to protect oneself as well as cleansing your home. I'll offer the one I use for myself and my Family...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please keep us informed.

Respectfully,

Rook
sono_pisco (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-16)
Dude I have seen spirits everywhere I have been and yeah I know it hard to turn a corner sometimes. What I do I wouldn't say its the best way to deal with it because ignoring your problems won't help. I try not ignore them all because if you try do thing to help you out its just going to freak you out so much more. Like me I made it come after me one night and when I woke up I was in the hallway screaming bloody murder but no one could here my cries but some how I survived and they stopped for a while until a couple months ago now they are back and I'm in the exact same spot I was when I went to sleep that one night. My advice tell it you aren't afraid of it when it does something tell it hey with a smile but if you feel a sudden change in temp. Surround yourself with happy people not just one try 3 people at the least
lynrinth (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-16)
Why must some commentors keep bashing other commentors' comments. Everyone has a right to speak their mind, even if it is too weird, offensive, or just downright nasty. Some commentors try to offer helpful advice, since some posters come to this site looking for some; some offer comic relief, a couple of these stories seem really out there, you can't help sometimes but make a snarky, but funny comment now and then; or maybe a commentor or two may question the authenticity of a story, sometimes you gotta wonder at some of these. But all in all, people will have their say. Doesn't mean we have to agree, but at least respect their opinion. But then again, you gotta love some of the debates that this site, especially if it degenerates into some real nasty stuff. All you can do is laugh and think wow, at least this site is never boring! 😁
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-16)
Except Jesus? I think what obnoxious 1 is ATTEMPTING to convey the notion that you're supposed to ACCEPT Jesus as some flaky means of barring supernatural entities.

Which is rather odd, considering that christian priests have been harassed by these very apparitions that you have been encountering.

(What is even stranger- this person who exhorts you to 'except' Jesus, obviously hasn't done much in the way of reading, otherwise they'd have known how to spell it...)

Cold iron is a poetic and archaic term for iron, referring to the fact that it feels cold to the touch. In modern usage the term has been most associated with folkloric beliefs that iron could ward off ghosts, fairies, witches, and/or other malevolent supernatural creatures.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_in_folklore#Cold_iron
badtoby (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-16)
It was deep and inhuman sounding. Also I felt malicious intent.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-16)
How do you distinguish demonic laughter? I am just curious.

Please keep us posted,
God Bless!
badtoby (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-16)
The paranormal Investigation was not at my house. It was at a graveyard. I got an evp that scared the crap out of me and the group I was with.
Nyrican11 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-16)
I'm no expert by any means, but have always been into paranormal stories and so forth, shows on TV, etc. I would agree with alexr23 and would suggest you pray and ask for protection as well.

The fact that you engaged in paranormal investigations probably makes it a bit worse only in that maybe your sensitivity is a bit more open, or the spirit or apparition picks up on it more. Doing paranormal investigations on your home may make things a bit more tense, or maybe not, and maybe they can get to the root of what's going on in your home.

Do some research on your home with a local historian as well. You may find out more about the voodoo practiced at your home. Different angles that you can go about it more or less.

Worst case scenario if it continues is that you may want to look into getting a priest to do a blessing or exorcism in the house. That may help a bit as well, depending on how powerful the spirit is.

Hope this has helped a bit. Again, I'm definitely no expert but hoping to share some options that help a bit more. Good luck. May God Bless and protect you and your home from those that wish to do you harm.
OBNOXIOUS1 (guest)
-3
12 years ago (2011-11-16)
Pray 24/7 but most importantly DO NOT be scared of this Demon, as long as you have God in your life and except Jesus as your savior you have nothing to be worried about. God bless
alexr23 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-16)
Just an opinion, but I would pray. Ask for protection and whatever this entity is to be kept away from you and your home.
Along with telling it too leave you alone. Tell it that you're not going to let it affect your life anymore. And tell it with some conviction, the stronger the intent the more it can help.
But as I said, just an opinion and someone may know better.:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: