You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: The Black Hairy Man

Real Ghost Stories

The Black Hairy Man

 

This happened when I was 16. It was around October 2008, I was a freshman at a University in Northern Samar, Philippines. My sister (on her Senior year) and I had another row. She was crying (as she often does when we argue) and I really felt guilty yet still angry towards her. I want to stop our fight so I decided to leave her and go to the beach (which was quite near the house we were boarding) for some fresh air. I met my friend Yael on my way there and he suggested he come with me since it was night and it might be dangerous for me to go alone (safe for him since he lived there) and I agreed.

We came to the beach a few minutes later. We leaned on the wall (built around one of the university buildings there) and I told him about what happened. We were talking, and the beach was a bit dim, the only source of light were the streetlamps about 35 meters from where we were (the beach wasn't developed until recently). We were still discussing about random things when Yael suddenly turned right and squinted at the old one-room building 15 meters from the wall where we were standing. He told me he saw a shadow move into the building. We disregarded this, however, and kept on talking.

I stood up, and went to dip my feet into the water when Yael suddenly called me and said,

"Hey, buddy... Look here..."

Then proceeded to punch the concrete wall. Surprised, I rushed to him and, seeing blood from him knuckles, asked

"What do you think you're doing?"

He wasn't listening to me and kept looking at the building. Finally, he said,

"Let's get out of here..."

He let me walk ahead of him, ushering me to make haste, yet he looked as though he was fighting over himself whether to run ahead of me or to just follow me. He kept saying, "hurry up..." every now and then and looking over his shoulder as if making sure nobody is following us. After reaching the first bend on the pathway away from the beach, he still looked as though there was someone tailing us. Upon reaching the second bend, a few yards away from my boarding house, he looked a bit better, though when I looked at him closely, he was a bit pale.

We reached my boarding house and I asked him why he freaked out, but he just said, "Nothing...". He excused himself and went out. He came back after a few minutes and said he'd try to explain... He had a slight smell of liquor (he asked for a glass of gin from his friends who were drinking at a nearby boarding house)

After a few moments, regaining the color that faded from his cheeks earlier (the liquor was probably taking effect), he told us (I was already with my sister and another friend) what he saw...

After I went to the water to dip my feet, he turned to the building and (he can see ghosts with his third eye) saw a tall black hairy man, probably 10ft tall, with glaring red eyes... He was blacker than the shadows, and even though Yael was used to seeing "their kind" he felt fear towards the being in front of him. So he called me to get my attention and punched the wall to let physical pain drown a bit, if not all, of the fear he feels at the moment. He also said that the "being" followed us until the first bend of the road... He said he was sure of one thing: It was not a ghost... Probably something else...

Since then, I never went near the place after dark again... Unless when I'm with a group...

This is my first time sharing...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, gelique, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

beingtrish (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-07)
Thanks for sharing! Wow that was one creepy experience. I'm from Philippines too, Negros Occidental (to be exact). And yes we have a lot of elementals stories in Philippines especially in rural places like mine (small island).
gelique (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-09)
ohh dear... I hope I didn't sound too defensive... My apologies...

Yael was used to seeing "their kind", I meant ghosts and others that people sometimes refer to as 'Elemental', but it was the first time he saw a creature like that...

I hope I was able to answer and explain... Thanks for reading... 😊
gelique (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-09)
about the row between me and my sis, it was to explain why I was at the beach at that time... Since a 16 year old is not supposed to be at that kind of place at night under normal circumstances... I would never have gone there if I wasn't too angry to mind leaving my boarding house...
gelique (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-09)
Vanessanda:

I was merely stating the story as to what I have experienced... Yael was not interested with sharing this experience, much to the extent of sharing it online... I shared the story as it happened... And Yael was not too informative about the creature either... "their kind", I really meant the supernatural, as many might refer to it... Like ghosts and stuff... With all due respect, I never asked credit for this story... If I wanted to, I would have just written it without including Yael in the first place... Next time, I'll remember to share personal experiences instead of those my companion had... Thanks for the comment...
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-12-30)
I'm a bit confused to be honest. Perhaps it would have been better if Yael had told this story. It doesn't sound to me as though you actually saw anything yourself or were affected by it. Ok, it was interesting reading about your argument with sis but was it related to the hairy guy in anyway?

I'd like more info on the hairy guy. There's only one paragraph on him. Did your friend with the third eye give you some explanation as to who/what hairy guy might be or might want? Since he's used to seeing "their kind", what explanation has he come up with?
gelique (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-30)
Darkness:
I would agree with you about that.

Moongrim:
I could say I was lucky I met him before I arrived at the place. Sometimes I hoped I can "see", but my friend told me I'd rather wish not.

thanks for reading, guys... Happy Christmas, and have a bountiful New Year!
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-20)
Wow a little differant from the normal Ghost stories we have here, I have no idea as to what this could be. I have noticed however that there is a lot of these type of experiences in the Phillipines, they also seem to have a lot of Elemental stories aswell. Interesting.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-19)
Well sounds like you had very hairy and narrow escape, good thing you had your psychic friend to help you out there.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: