You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Late Night Visits and a Toilet Guy

Real Ghost Stories

Late Night Visits and a Toilet Guy

 

My son has been talking to people. I don't know who, because I can't see them, and neither can my husband. I believe that he used to talk to my husband's brother, but now I have no idea who he is speaking to. His uncle passed away just after my son was born. We were living in America when my son was born, his uncle died three weeks later. I couldn't get my son a passport quickly enough to go to the funeral, so my husband went alone. When he came back, he was a changed man, and he insisted on moving back to the UK (he is English, and we had lived in the UK up until I was 6 months pregnant with my son). Anyway, details... so we moved back, and we were staying across the hall from the room in which my brother-in-law had died. My son was staying in that room. He would go to bed around 7 or 8, and we would hear him on the baby monitor talking gibberish (he was a late starter when it came to talking properly, and still struggles from time to time) but when we went up stairs and asked him who he was talking to, he would just point... to nothing... usually the curtain though. This happened quite a lot, and when we moved out, it stopped.

Now we are living with my in-laws again, this time in a new flat complex in Devon. The new flats were built on top of an old retirement home. I didn't think much of it, but doors open by themselves, I hear people walking around on the laminate flooring when everyone's asleep, and I constantly feel like I'm being watched. It's not a bad feeling I get from the house, but I do feel like we're not alone in that flat. Now, my son is almost potty trained, but sometimes he'll wet himself either on the floor in the bathroom, or as he is leaving the bathroom. We thought that these were just accidents, but when we asked him why he did it... he said it was because there was a guy in the bathroom. I took him into the bathroom one day, and I asked him where the guy was. He pointed into the toilet, and said the guy's there. I asked him if the guy was there now, and he said no, and quite happily then went to the toilet.

It's made me a little apprehensive about him going to the bathroom alone, but I don't want to give him a complex, or scare him... he seems scared enough of the guy as it is... which also worries me, because my son isn't scared of much.

I was completely fine with his uncle visiting for late night chats... but this new development in the toilet has kind of freaked me out. I've had experiences with ghosts before, so it's not so much that it's a ghost that scares me, it's the fact that it seems to be bothering my normally unflinching son.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, S_wolfmoon, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

TheSkeptic (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-01)
Do these places have faulty wiring or low frequency sound waves? These mundane explanations are more likely to be the source.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-06)
Ms. Wolfmoon,

To answer the question you asked of me on another story. Yes there is a way to clarify the visions you are having. Question is though do you really want and can you handle being able to see what others can not. If you feel that you can I would suggest this. Find a place you can enter without being interupted that is unlite not totally dark and quite. You must have an open mind and be able to concentrate. Begin by meditating and clearing your mind of all worldly cares. Once you are in a relaxed state concentrate on those visions you are having in the corner of your vision, don't move your head or eyes to them, try and get them to move into your line of sight. Speak to them as if they are living ask them to please allow you to view them completely. Be prepared, you may not like what you see. Not all will be human spirits, some may even be lower level entities or nature spirits. Also listen closely as you may even be able to hear their voices. Don't get discouraged if you don't see results right away, it does take time to develope skills that we lost once society impossed its will upon us. I would recommend trying this for half an hour a day if possible. You also may want to purchase a crystal for yourself, once you gain the ablity to discern the other realm you never know what you may run into and the clear quartz crystal that has been cleansed and charged is a very effective protection against those entities that would choose to do us harm.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
fizzylizzie (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-05)
Well this sort of haunting happens quite often
children are innocent and untainted by society I feel they are on a closer lever to spirits
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-05)
More than welcome! I hope everything works out for the best for you and your son. Let us know how things turn out.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
S_wolfmoon (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-05)
My mother-in-law is convinced that he is just pretending it's Spongebob Squarepants, but he knows that name. This thing in the toilet, is just 'Guy' (maybe that's his name?). I've told him to tell it to go away when he sees him, and I told him that if he doesn't go, to come and get me. He seemed to understand. If that doesn't work, I'll go with the crystal idea. Thanks for the comments guys.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-05)
Dear Siobhan,

Why not try telling your son that when he sees the man in the toilet to just tell the man to go away, I am going to the potty.--Abby
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-04)
Children see and hear things we as adults do not because they have not had their minds polluted yet by the judgements of society as to what is real and what isn't. You could perform a cleansing ceremony on your home or have it blessed depending upon your beliefs. I believe your son will eventually determine for himself that this latest spirit means him no harm and will there fore become less afraid of him as time goes on. You could also try giving him a cleansed and charged clear quartz necklace to wear and tell him that as long as he wears it no spirit can harm him. Just a few ideas you can try if you choose. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
GhostTalker13 (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-04)
Your son should go to a different bathroom if it's just that one. Otherwise, just teach him to face his fear of the man in the toliet.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: