You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Encounter With An Elemental?

Real Ghost Stories

Encounter With An Elemental?

 

I'm back with yet another story. I never realized until recently that I did have a lot of odd things that happened to me in the past!

I'm not sure how other countries perceive Elementals to be, but here in the Philippines, they are called "Engkantos", "Anitos" and so on. These Engkantos and Anitos used to be worshipped by ancient Filipinos until Spain decided to force Christianity on us a few hundred years ago, and only then were they thought of as evil entities.

Personally, I think Elementals are a part of nature, too; but were made differently - just like when someone would be born with an extra toe, no arms, no legs, etc. To me, they're like nature's "special" brothers and sisters. But of course, please do enlighten me if my understanding is wrong - because that was just an uneducated opinion formed based on what I have seen.

The first story was when my family and I were on a 3-day vacation in Baguio City. I was around 16 or 17 at the time.

Baguio City is famous for its many hauntings, especially after the 1990 (or was it 1991?) earthquake that pretty much reduced the city to rubble.

But I honestly don't think what I saw was a ghost - somehow it had a different "feel" to it.

The house that we stayed in was a vacation home owned by my mom's boss, and she was nice enough to let us use the place for free. The house was situated at the middle of the mountain, so you would need to drive up from the foot and you can drive all the way up to the top as well.

The house only had one private room, and two semi-private rooms; because the rooms on the second floor may be separated by walls and two different doors, but both rooms are mezzanine types, so I can see the living room from where I was.

On the first night, we were still tired as hell because of the eight-hour drive to the city and spending the rest of the day shopping for trinkets to bring home to our friends. But since I just ate, I cannot go to sleep yet because of my acid reflux - so I decided to grab the book I brought from my bag.

While I was reading, I noticed something flicker, like a quick flash of light in my peripheral vision. I looked up from the book and to the window where I think I saw the light, but nothing was there. So I went on reading, and it happened again - but this time, when I looked up, I was in for a surprise.

There was a bluish-white ball of light. It wasn't very bright, but luminescent. I'm guessing it's as big as a volleyball, or maybe slightly smaller. And if I were to estimate my distance from it, I'd say around ten feet--far enough to see it clearly. I was scared at first, but for a person who's easily attracted to shiny things and sometimes too curious for my own good, I continued to watch in awe.

It looked almost magical. It bobbed up and down very slightly as it glided, and it left some sort of translucent, almost transparent "tail" like a comet as it moved. Then it passed behind a tree. Again, to my surprise, it emerged on the other side of the tree, but no longer as one white ball, but hundreds of tiny little swirling balls of light. It was awesome! I admit I still felt a little scared, but it was too pretty to ignore. I had this feeling that whatever it was, it was playing with me. Then, it passed behind another tree, and then when it emerged, it was one big ball again.

By the third time it emerged, the window only had enough space so I had to stand up and walk towards the window to continue watching it. It kept doing the same thing - compressed into a ball, scattering, then compressing every time it passes behind a tree - until it got so far up the mountain that I couldn't see it anymore.

I don't know, but to me it was awesome. I've never seen something so unnaturally pretty in my life.

Of course, just like any person would do, I told everyone about it. My sister was asking why I wasn't scared, and I admitted I was at first, but when I looked at it long enough it looked so pretty and it didn't seem to mean any harm.

My stepfather said it might have been "St. Elmo's Fire", but after researching about it, St. Elmo's Fire behaved differently, so I didn't really think it was what he said it might be.

Then I learned about swamp lights. Of course, there isn't a swamp anywhere near there, but I needed to find out what it was. But swamp lights are chemical reactions in the swamp that causes it to light (like methane mixing with something and it burns a white, sometimes blue light) but again, it didn't look like fire. Besides, fire doesn't glide the way the mysterious white light did. Not to mention the shape, then scattering, then reshaping again.

I left the city without any answers, but memories of the pretty lights. I even remember making a painting of it (it was sold already) because it just looked so pretty and mysterious that I needed to show everyone how it looked like.

I have friends with different beliefs - Christians, Muslims, Satanists, Atheists, Wiccans - and when my Wiccan friend saw the painting she asked me what it was. I told her the story, and she said I might have encountered an Elemental; and it might have been the Wind - a manifestation of the Sylph.

I researched online right after she said it, but none of the images I saw were the same. However, what made me think that it really was an Elemental was what she said that they are neither alive nor dead; that they have taken a different evolutionary turn from most things, and the wind elemental is most commonly seen as a white or yellow light.

To be honest, I am really not sure what it was, but all I know is that I didn't feel the same fear I did when I experienced ghostly stuff. Of course, I was afraid at first, but after a while I just felt like I was drawn to it. I could just imagine how the ancient Filipinos would see this as, and no wonder they worshipped them.

What are your thoughts about this? I'd love to know what you think.

Other hauntings by sylunedarkchylde

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sylunedarkchylde, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BloodyK (2 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-09)
HI! 😁 I would love to see the painting you did:) and... If you ever get the answer of what that thing is... Please tell me... I would love to see one cause... Imagining it is already beautiful but seeing it in real life is much more amazing than imagining it:) it makes me want to look out my window every night just to see if I am lucky... But my backyard is a little bit... Scary? And... Dark... So yeah:D I would love it if you can show me the painting you did ❤ thank you for sharing your story:)
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-02)
sylunedarkchylde,
I'm so glad you see what I did in these two experiences. I knew it had to be close. What really makes the two incidents stand out in my mind are the reactions the two of you had to it. It's not that often we get to hear about something paranormal that causes the witnesses to express such joy and wonder. That stands out.

Jav ❤

~~I may have another, if I can find it~~
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-02)
HappySpirit

Could you please help me out. I've seen the term "Elementals" a few times here lately. I'm trying to learn more about them since this is a new term for me. Obviously I'm no expert but I'm googling Machelle and it keeps on bringing up a Michelle.

Would you be kind enough to post a link please?

I would be very grateful
sylunedarkchylde (6 stories) (26 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-02)
[at] Jav

Forgive my over-glee, but OMG! It IS uncanny! It's such a great thing when I read other people's accounts of the same experience... And here I was, looking for something similar and you found one for me!:D
wolfeyes72206 (32 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-31)
wow what a story I wish you the best of luck 😁 😁 and may God bless you
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-31)
sylunedarkchylde,
This is very cool. And not just what you have described. But as I was reading along, I realized that it sounded familiar to me. You are going to love this. After you read it, I have to know what you think about the similarities. I find them uncanny.

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=13476

Jav 😊
sylunedarkchylde (6 stories) (26 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-28)
Maybe I should make another painting of it so I can show everyone what it looks like:)

[at] roodygin: Wow, ball lightning is really, really interesting! I have never heard of it until now. I've been reading on it a little, and although no one actually got a clear picture, the different accounts tell me how awesome nature really is!:D I also can't discount the possibility that what I saw was a natural phenomena; however, I guess I would just have to find out which. Right now, I'm trying to research for similar accounts and so far, with the limited time I have (I'm crazy busy at work x_x), I haven't found an exact one. Because I'm thinking--if it was an Elemental, for sure someone else in the world must have seen the same manifestation, and therefore, they should have an account of it somewhere. Wish me luck on that!

[at] Nysa: You can be right on it being a ghost that decided to manifest itself in a different way. That is a possibility. And with it being an Elemental--that thought was just given by a friend, as mentioned in the story. I haven't really gone too far into researching about it as HappySpirit suggested.

Thanks for your inputs guys; I'm really learning a lot here!:D
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-27)
I thought of ball lightning too at the beginning, but the way it acted, the predictable pattern of actions, makes that seem less likely to me. Though the movement could have been random & only seemed like a pattern due to the observers perspective. However, incidences like your are some of the most intriguing. What you observed seemed to be sentient & intelligent, but had no human characteristics & unlike many ghosts, did not seem to want to communicate something to you. I suppose it's possible that it was a disembodied human spirit that chose not to appear in the form of a human &, being perfectly happy with it's current existence chose to simply have fun with someone who noticed it. But that is a theory it is hard to formulate an argument for. The theory that it was an elemental is a compelling one. If elementals are, as some believe, akin to fairies & nature spirits the playfulness seems natural. I tend to think of elementals as manifestations of the energy that makes up a natural element manifested into a form & displaying characteristics given to it by our (humans) thoughts. It is interesting that your friend thought wind. I would have thought fire because it was light or wood because it was in the forest & playing with trees. Your sighting may be one of the hardest to understand but one of the most exciting to contemplate.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-27)
sylunedarkchylde,

Great job on the research... And the possiblity is good that you may have seen an Elemental... But something about the way you described this experience made me think of Ball Lightning...

Http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/05/060531-ball-lightning.html

Http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/B/ball_lightning.html

Just some more 'food for thought'. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Respectfully,

Rook
sylunedarkchylde (6 stories) (26 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-26)
Thank you for the information. Sadly, I have not encountered the nature spirit again since that time. But I will take your advice and research into it further. I will start with the information you gave me--and if I do encounter it again, that would be really great.
HappySpirit (187 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-26)
Interesting story. I cannot vouch for what you saw - it could indeed have been an elemental. However this story has touched upon a subject that fascinates me.

Humanity's perception of elementals (otherwise known as devas, nature spirits and the like) has certainly changed through the centuries and is due again for a radical shift. Indiginous culture and early pagan civilizations had a much closer and more respectful relationship with these beings, who (I have been told) are on a parallel but very different evolutionary trajectory. At one time they were worshipped, then they were mistakenly feared and reviled by Christianity.

Now there are isolated individuals in the world who are presenting a collaborative, partnership model of what our relationship with them could be. 2 such individuals who have written extensively on this are Machelle Small Wright and Marco Pogacnic. If you Google either you'll be led to their websites. Machelle is an American researcher and scientist who has worked in partnership with the Devic kingdom for almost 30 years, taking up where Findhorn left off (Findhorn is another example of a wonderful partnership with Nature). Marco is a Slovenian sculptor and Earth healer who also has been communicating with the Devic kingdom for several decades. These talented people have much to teach us about a new way of working with Nature.

If what you saw was a nature spirit, and you feel comfortable doing so, you may want to open to further perception and even communication. The best attitude to take is not one of worship or fear but of respect, openness, curiosity and good boundaries.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: