You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Strange Occurance

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Occurance

 

I wouldn't call this a ghost story but I would say it's making me feel like I'm going a little bit crazy and wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

Strange things have been happening around the house and I've noticed it has started ever since my dad decided to re-do the house. I mainly hear people call my name and these seem so real I believe it's one of my family members calling for me.

I have been in mine and my sisters room and I have been sat there playing the guitar and seen someone come into the room and leave ever so quick. Thinking it was my sister I looked for her but no one was there. I've also seen my mother walk up the stairs only to realise she is out, people walk by the window when no ones around.

Me and my dad were talking about his dad passing away when the lights started flickering really bad. It was like some kind of disco. It's never done it since. I'm not the only one that's hearing and seeing these things either. It's also happened to my sister.

My brother has a habit of humming so she would frequently go into his room and tell him to shut up. One day she came running down to me saying that she just went into my brother's room to shut him up because she thought he was humming, he was downstairs with me. From the look on her face I knew she wasn't lying so I went up with her and listened. Didn't hear anything for a good 5-10 minutes and then I heard what she heard. It sounded like a woman humming in a continuous tone.

As I have said. It's starting to make me feel a little silly.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AngelusExMortis, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AngelusExMortis (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-05)
thankyou everyone! I don't feel so stupid now... I'm keeping a journal like you all said. Thanks again ❤
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-05)
I agree with the other posters I had one ghost turn on the T V on me one morning at 4am I figuard it was a ghost an not me hitting the remote by mistake in my sleep because the remote was way across the room. I just turned the T V off and told it not to do that again it did it once more a few weeks later at 1am I said to please stop and that we humans need to sleep and then they did stop. Unless they bother to much I say just let them be, When I first had felt my ghost in our place I thought whoever or whatever it was it has been there longer than I have so I just let it be.
the-silent-one (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-03)
hi I just came to this website a few minutes and I do agree with miracles51031 keeping a journel of what's going on would be very accurate. Plus you said these sightings and hearings were happening aroud a time of renovations ghost tend to become more activy when renewly is done on a placed where they have once lived or died in. I tends to disturb them. You should look up on other sites or other stories about people who's paranormal expeirences began around a time of renovation. I think it would really help you out. If you have any other stories post them keep in touch! 😁
chaliroce (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-02)
Hi...i'm new here.
I got the same experience as yours, my house being re-model and haunted.
Fortunately for you, they don't try to pull you up in to a warehouse like mine. 😆
All in my families has the same experience like me except, my father. My father ignored them all the time, so they kind of tired to play with him.

I can only say, if they disturb you by touching or pull you, I can say it's evil. (not evil too... But naughty...hehe)

If they only show you, then that's mean they want you to accept them because you are the guest in their list.
It seems for me, they love your father's plan to re-model your house. And they want you to include their opinion whenever you want to re-model again <3

With love:)
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-02)
AngelusExMortis,
I agree with the previous posters as to the reason you are experiencing these things. And the advice already given is sound.
However, one incident sounds a bit more personal than the rest. That is the flickering lights. It occurred when you were discussing the passing of your grandfather. I believe that it was him that time, just letting you know he was around. It doesn't mean he is haunting you or that he is stuck here either. It's merely a way to say "hello" or "I love you" to family and loved ones. There are many who have experienced the same thing, and it isn't something to be frightened about really. I believe they do the light flickering trick hoping we will realize it is just them. And from the experiences I've read on this site alone, I've also come to believe that spirits can manipulate small electrical devices/appliances/switches much more easily than they can make themselves be heard or seen. I find that aspect of spiritual manifestation endlessly fascinating.
Thank you for sharing.

Jav 😊
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-01)
I can only who was Miracles has said below. Keeping a journal in an attempt to determine a pattern or if certain actions bring certain reactions is a good idea. So many times these things happen, and we just think it's our imaginations at work.

Thanks for posting, Angelus. I am really looking forward to visiting the UK later in the year. Who knows what I will find?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-01)
AngelusExMortis - a lot of times, renovations to a home will stir up paranormal activity. People have lived in homes for years and have not seen or heard anything, yet when they decide to add on a room, redecorate, anything to change the home, suddenly they start experiencing activity. Sometimes the ghost (s) don't like the changes being made to "their" home and let it be known in different ways.

Right now, by what you have said, it doesn't seem as if there is anything to worry about. They just seem to be making you aware that they are there.

Try keeping a journal of these incidents with date and time, see if there is any pattern to them. This way you can determine if they are residual ghosts (won't interact with you or your family) or intelligent. Journals also keep you from feeling "silly" or thinking you're crazy 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: