You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Eerie Occurances, Any Advice?

Real Ghost Stories

Eerie Occurances, Any Advice?

 

I am writing this story on behalf of a friend of mine. It is kind of long, but I will try to keep it short and to the point -sometimes I tend to ramble, I apologize in advance.

I'm really close friends with this guy, and back last May, I happened to get on Facebook and saw a status that he had posted that read something along the lines of 'DEMONS ARE TORMENTING ME! I DONT KNOW WHAT TO Do!' (I don't remember exactly how he worded it but it was frantic and pretty intense for a Facebook status.) So I called him to see if he was okay. When I talked to him, at the time, it kind of just sounded like he was cracking under stress of exams, and graduation and such, so I did not really worry too much about it. I told him to call me if he needed to talk or anything. Well I guess things calmed down because I didn't hear from him for a while. He graduated, and over the summer he dealt with some legal issues (he'd gotten a DUI sometime before). Oh and he also had been getting into religion. He had been going to church and getting involved there and reading, and striving to learn more about God.

Well recently we were talking and he told me more about the stuff that happened to him while he was at school -around the time he posted the Facebook status- and some of the stuff he told me was creepy. He'd wake up at night and feel like he was being pinned down to his bed, he'd sometimes hear scratching on the door but no one would be in the room at the time. Other times he would just have this overwhelming fear and stress like he was being watched. I asked him how things have been since he's been out of school and living at home. He said things haven't been as bad, but every now and then he will wake up in the middle of the night out of a deep sleep and have this horrible fear that something is in the room with him. And he says he looks to the same spot of his room every night and it always seems especially dark and quiet.

I am kind of worried about him, because I have read some stories on this site that are almost exactly what he told me happens to him. I've heard before that when a nonbeliever begins to accept Jesus that can sometimes make them a target for demons. Also when the stuff at school was going on, he said that he had been drinking a lot and using some drugs and I thought that could also make him more vulnerable and be why it was so much more physical there than it is now that he is home.

Anyway, I feel kind of weird writing this. I feel like I may be jumping to conclusions too fast, but I just wanted to get other people's thoughts and advice. I'm just worried about him and felt like I should do something. Thanks for reading and I'd greatly love to hear your thoughts!

Other hauntings by luckkyme

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, luckkyme, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

luckkyme (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-10)
Hey JustCurious, the last time I asked him about it was in February and he said nothing more had happened, so I am not sure what to think of his situation. The idea of schizophrenia came up and he knows it runs in his family but he's not interested in finding out about his family history or opening court records or anything like that at the moment, which is frustrating because I am very curious and somewhat skeptical, but that's his decision to make. 😕

Thanks for taking the time to read, and comment.:)
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-04)
Has there been any updates on the activity? I know I'm about six months late due to when the last post was posted, but was just curious to how things were going?

Peace
JustCurious
luckkyme (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-11)
Hey thanks! I had not thought of trying to record it somehow, that's a good idea. I'm not sure if he'd go for it, but I'll suggest it to him for sure and I guess if he does not want to try it then, like you said, there's not much I can do except be there for him. Thank you for that idea I will pass it on to him and keep you updated.

😊
robertar (223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-11)
He might be just fine at this point. You may be correct that all the stresses made him vulnerable, but sometimes its such attacks that wake people up to the fact that they live in this world with unseen spirit beings, including our creator who is able and willing to help us more than anyone else.

Try asking your friend how he is doing.
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-10)
After reading through all the comments, it's probably a combination of things. He needs to see a psychiatrist (they can prescribe medication and many do counseling too) But you can't make him help himself, if he doesn't want help he won't accept it from anyone. All you can do is be a good friend and offer advice.

Even if he has a mental illness and after he has been put on an anti-psychoitc medication (which would help with hallucinations) and things are still happening I wouldn't discount his claims of seeing things. Video cameras and voice recorders are always recommended, though if this entity is dangerous, be VERY careful not to make it angry. There isn't a need to bring a priest in yet. First you have to rule out everything non paranormal, including mental illness and seeking professional help. If these don't help then you need hard evidence. I know I repeated a lot of what has already been said, but I hope this helps. Please keep us updated on your friend and if you have any experiences of your own, I'm sure we'd all be glad to read them. You can email me if you like, I'm no expert but I'm willing to help.
luckkyme (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-09)
Thank you jitow and HazMan, I appreciate that! I do agree about checking more into the schoziphrenia, I started researching it and I began to feel like that is most likely what it is or at least playing a part in this. When I tried to talk to him about it, he just did not really seem that interested. He said he did not really want to get tested and put on medication because he feels like people use medication too loosely (theres a personal story behind that) and that having faith and talking to a counselor would be enough. I kind of think he is a little bit afraid to find out that he has it honestly. But then early Sunday morning around 3:15am I happened to wake up to a txt he had just sent that was saying something was happening then or had just happened. Apparently he'd woken up from a dream and swore he saw a shadow above him he said it was the most intense its ever been. So I just don't really know.

To be honest I am getting a little but frustrated with him because sometimes he just seems like hes not interested in solving it or just wants to not think about it and its frustrating because I feel like we get somewhere and then take two steps back. I just don't know. But again thanks for all the advice:)
HazMan_III (4 stories) (91 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-09)
I personally wouldn't suggest bringing a man of God into the picture. In many cases, attempting to cleanse a home, can only serve to exacerbate the problem. Attention should be focused on your friend. You did mention there's a history of schizophrenia and it was suggested that he checks that out first. I don't think it's poltergeist, only because there would've been some sort of physical evidence left behind and because they're just energy, not actual beings like a ghost or demon. If it isn't anything medical, it's very likely a demon. There are a number of things your friend can do. First off, he can call upon the most benevolent beings- angels. He can call upon his Holy Guardian Angel and one of the archangels which corresponds to his zodiac. He should do this before he goes to sleep. It helps to have showered and have on some clean, fresh clothes. He needs to be relaxed. Breathing exercises would be great here. Once he is relaxed he can call out to his guardian angel and corresponding guardian angel. He should ask them to protect him and to help rid him of the demon. If they answer his prayer, he'll feel an overwhelming sense of benevolence and wellbeing. This may or may not come immediately. After that, if he likes, he can set a space somewhere in his home that is free of clutter and light a white candle everyday to attract angels. Hope this helps.

This comment from Jitow is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-07)
Glad to be of some help. 😁
Please do keep us updated, as I am interested in your friend's situation. I'm sure you two will get to the bottom of this this and find your answers soon. ❤
luckkyme (6 stories) (63 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-07)
[at] BadJuuJuu -when you said its hard to say for sure what is going on, you're right, I was thinking about it later after I last commented and realized that was kind of a dumb thing to ask hah. But I do appreciate your input and your patience.:) The stuff you mentioned about Schizophrenia has me thinking more about it, so I researched it more. It sounds a lot like what he has been talking about and not just that but some stuff that has happened between us in the past -we had a falling out over the summer- and it sounds similar to what I read about Schizophrenia. I will definetly relay the information too him, thank you again! I will let you know if I found out more about it. And thanks for mentioning that its treatable and ususally mild, because when he did mention it to me my mind did jump to the portrayal in movies, so it was relieving to hear that:)

[at] Adolphos -thanks for those links! I've been reading them and they are very interesting. I'll be sure to show them to my friend as well! When he told me about waking up at night and feeling like something was in the room, I did mention that he should pray right away and I suggested keeping a Bible on his nightstand or a cross or something. But thank you, when I see him next I will give him all of this information!
ZiShu (281 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2011-01-07)
Your friend is not crazy. I use to have the same experiences he told you about. I do believe them to be demons. I would like to help your friend. Please contact me by email, and I shall do all I can.
Adolphos (62 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2011-01-07)
It seems like a demon or demons are attached to him. Prayer, calling on God and angels, holy symbols and objects really help with these beings. At least there has been one historical instance when a demon was destroyed by a priest:
Http://books.google.com/books?id=SW8AAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA267

There is also equipment that can rid a place or a person of demons or negative ghosts:
Http://www.hootenization.com/GhostBuster.html
One should note that often when using it, a person will feel sick as the demon or negative ghost tries to hold on, ultimately unsuccessfully, to the person.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
13 years ago (2011-01-06)
It's very possible that a combination of the things I suggested are going on. The thing about the paranormal, it's tough to say with absolute certainty "this is what's going on." You have to look at all possibilities and make an educated guess at what seems most likely. Alot of times, there are multiple factors at work and you have to try to identify the primary trigger for the activity. Sometimes, once you find that primary trigger, you discover the activity wasn't paranormal after all.
Whether his Native blood could be contributing is an interesting question. For what it's worth, I'm part Cherokee, very small part lol. I'm fairly aware of the paranormal. My brother, who has the same blood as me, is completely oblivious. I don't think, in our case at least, that our blood matters. Some people are just more aware than others. Maybe your friend's blood is playing a role, maybe not. He may just be "in tune."
The schizophrenia in his birth family could have some bearing though. Symptoms of schizophrenia usually start showing up in a person's early 20s. Wouldn't be a bad idea for him to see a doctor and be tested for it. Schizophrenia is not as scary as the old movies make it out to be. Most forms are pretty mild and can be easily treated.
Hope this has been some help. You are a good friend to be trying to help him with this. ❤
luckkyme (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-06)
Thanks for your thoughts! He's not doing drugs now that he's home, that thought occur to me though. I don't know what all he did, so that is a possibility. The poltergeitz thought was interesting. Do you think its possible that all three of your ideas could be playing a part of it? Actually, I forgot to mention it in the story but he's adopted and over the summer he started learning about his birth parents, who are part Indian, he had thought maybe that culture or background was playing a part in this. Also he found out about disorders that run in his family -schizophrenia is one of them. Could that be a part of it?

I just want him to be okay, again thank you both for your insight and opinions! I appreciate it:)
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+5
13 years ago (2011-01-06)
Is he still into drugs and/or alcohol? Even if not, some drugs can stay in your system for up to a year and cause hallucinations and detox symptoms.
Another thought, you say this began while he was stressed out over exams. He may have manifested a poltergeist. One opinion on poltergeists is that they are a form of telekenesis caused by stress. The stress basically starts to act out on it's own, resulting in some pretty odd occurances. The energy causing the activity belongs to the stressed individual, not to any outside entity. Once the person's stress drops, the activity slows, then ceases altogether. Since you say things aren't as intense as they were before, my money is on poltergeist.
Another possibility is that his stress was noticed by an outside entity, not necessarily a demon, and that entity decided to stick around to absorb that stress energy from your friend. Now that he is un-stressing, this entity may get bored and leave.
If talking to a religious leader brings him comfort, he should do so. If having his home blessed makes him feel better, he should do so. If those religious acts will help him feel less stress, then it should be done. Getting him in a calmer state is the best step to stopping the activity.
caitlynann4 (1 stories) (33 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-01-06)
Well, if he believes that demons or anything is tourementing him or haunting his home then he should have a preacher come in and bless the house or have a physic or no offense but he might need to be a consuler hope my advice helped! 😳

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: