You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Uncle Geoffrey

Real Ghost Stories

My Uncle Geoffrey

 

Before I tell my story I would like to describe my uncle. Firstly his name was Geoffrey and he was a real funny man. He was my Mums brother. Geoffrey would drink a lot and would always come to our house drunk and uninvited with donuts and more beer looking for a good time. And he loved to party as well and was the biggest hoarder. But everyone in my family loved him. When he passed on he was 46.

Since Mums side of family lived in Queensland or had died, it was up to my Mum to clean out his house. Now my mum does believe in voodoo, palm reading, tarot cards and everything paranormal. Sometimes Mum had to clean it at night and would get goosebumps every time she went into his house when it was dark and sometimes I would too. Sometimes she would take me because she got nervous when she went to his place alone, it just made her feel uncomfortable.

One night my Aunt Sandra (Mums sister) came down from Queensland and mum and her were cleaning the last of the small furniture, like coffee tables and ornaments, when they heard a series of thud coming from the roof. They later found a money box in the ceiling in a cavity in the roof! But it was empty.

One day about two weeks after my Mum and Aunt's experience, me and Mum were driving home from the shops when mum brought up Geoffrey and the radio also went static and starting cutting out when she started talking about him. Joking around she said with a grin "sorry brother Geoff" and the radio went back to normal. She was pretty creeped after that.

Also Mum reported seeing Geoff in a car similar to his car before he died on two occasions. Also from the period of starting to clean out his house-to the selling of his home, Mum would have dreams about him but they were never the same ones. So what do you think was by Uncle trying to send a message or was it something else?

Thanks for reading- Billy

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BillyT, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-16)
It is very much possible that your uncle is trying to send some message through those dreams, but then what kind of message, it really depends on what your mother is 'seeing' in those dreams about him. Such a thing happened to my father during his childhood-One of his younger brothers he was very close to, suddenly died of some disease. After his death, every night my father would have the same dream where he sees that his younger brother keeps asking him for his favorite 'toy'. After a few days, my father decided to actually take that particular toy his younger brother was asking for in his dreams, and went to his brother's cremation place and kept it there. Very surprisingly, after that very task, my father never saw any dreams about him! I am sure your uncle is quite harmless. Sometimes some spirits just want to let their near ones know that they are always there for them even if they are dead. Take care...
BillyT (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-16)
Thank you Jav for the comment, yes we never thought those bangs on the roof was him trying to say hello. I found that very Interesting with the radio and Jav I'm sorry for your loss ❤ and I read your story and I enjoyed it. I also like people sharing remembrances. Darkness I think your right about how the dreams is signs of his love and watching over us. Thankyou you guys for reading 😊
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-16)
BillyT, firstly sorry to hear about the passing of your uncle, I'm in agreement with what Javelina has mentioned. I think these experiences and dreams of your uncle Geoffrey are just subtle signs to let you know that he is still watching over you and he loves you. Consider it a great blessing. 😊

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-15)
BillyT,
I can definetly relate to the wxperience with the car radio, it happened to me as well. That was the night my sister died, at the same age as your uncle Geoffrey too. The bangs on the roof could have been him saying hello as well. Your mom dreaming about him is only natural hun, I still dream of my sister too. But to answer your question, yes, I believe he was reaching your mother the best way he knew how.
I am sorry for your loss of your beloved Uncle Geoffrey, may he rest in peace. ❤
Thank you sharing these remembrances with us, I enjoyed reading about them.

Jav ❤

If you'd like to read about how my sister used the radio to reach us as well, here's a link to that story:
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=10440

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: