You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Where It Began In Earnest

Real Ghost Stories

Where It Began In Earnest

 

I am a natural skeptic, don't trust much of what I read or hear but all that changed for me in the summer of 1998. My ghost experiences all began at my work place.

The Biotech firm I work for, whom I shall keep nameless as I do not have their permission to use their name, moved. It was the hotest August on record with temperatures reaching 113 degrees in this blazing hot new location. We had been in Alameda prior to our move, a nice cool location near the San Francisco Bay but now, yikes, it was HOT. So, when one of my team leaders asked me to step into the walk in refrigerator units which range in temperature between 2 to 8 degrees Celcius, about 46 degrees Farenheit, a nice brisk place which was very welcome...ah. I lingered in there a bit looking for a certain packaging on a box. I had to move tall shelving and get in between in order to locate. As I was in there, reaching up to a tall shelf I get this rapid, three stroked tapping on my left shoulder. We had a jokester guy who we worked with and I thought that he must have snuck up behind me using a back entrance. As I look around to give him a "that wasn't funny" look... I realized that I was alone. Not only that but there was no back entrance, only the very obvious front entrance that I would have heard open and shut.

Being the skeptic I am I shook it off, told myself that it was my sleeve on my jacket that did it but I couldn't shake it. I knew that I felt something.

Being a secretary I had daily contact with our security guard who also delivered mail. One day I asked this guard if she worked at nights and weekends, sure, she often did. Well did she ever have anything "strange" happen? Oh, the floodgates opened. She stood there recounting many, many stories of voices, footsteps, moaning, doors slamming, computers going on, and general feelings of unease. She knew that she hadn't imagined those things but until now hadn't told anyone else.

I decided to start keeping records of all the goings on at our 400 person campus. As I hear the stories I write them all down. A spunky office worker nick-named the ghost (s) Casper... After the comic book entity. Hence I am the Casper story keeper.

I have kept these stories for 14 years now and some have really surprised me. I will gradually post them all, why should only those who work here know them?

Keep watching, more will follow.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Csprstrykpr, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sir-Boy (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-31)
Hey there, very interested in seeing the stories. I work in mental health and we moved to a new building less than a year ago - it's an old hotel. Lots of crazy things go on. It is always funny to hear the co-workers talk!
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-30)
I worked inside a old hospital and had my fair share of ghost whispers, patting on the shoulders, and appearances, I know how it feels. It's quite a good idea to write all of it down! I wish I though of it.
Looking forward to hear more.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-30)
Csprstrykpr,
Would you happened to have recorded the weather patterns and moon pkases for those occurrences as well? Not like it's a requirement or anything. But it would be very interesting to know if they had any affect on the timing and activity levels at all.
Also, being from the bay area, and siezmic activity being a concern of all California residents, you wouldn't have happened to include that in your journals as well, would you?
Sorry if I come off as too inquisitive, but I was born and raised in California. And I really wish I had paid the proper attention to those details myself when I experienced the things I did.

Jav 😊
Kryodrache (3 stories) (108 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-29)
I look forward to hearing about each of them! It's easy to be skeptical about stuff like this... I had been fairly skeptical, myself, for a while. But nothing shakes you awake quite as well as having an encounter, yourself. Then your mind starts to open up a little.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: