You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Vision Of A Woman Under A Tree Beckoning To Us

Real Ghost Stories

Vision Of A Woman Under A Tree Beckoning To Us

 

This happened 5 years before the "Calling Bell" incident. We had just built our new house and the House warming ceremony had just got over.

In India, children, normally sleeps with their parents until they reach puberty. But when we moved into the house, my father decided that on the first night in the new house, my sister and I would sleep in a new room. We were not so happy with the arrangement, but we couldn't go against our parents. So we agreed.

It was tough sleeping in a new bed in a new house and somehow we managed to doze off. When it was past midnight, I don't know, I started to getting shivers and I had a vision of a woman standing under a tree near the boundary wall of the plot. The woman was beckoning to me to go to her. I was so scared and woke up screaming.

When I looked around, I could see in the dim light, my sister sitting up in her bed screaming. My parents rushed to our room asking what happened to us. I explained that I saw the vision of the woman beckoning to me. My sister was shocked and she told that she too saw the same vision of a woman standing under the same tree beckoning to her.

We were crying and we told our parents that we don't want to sleep alone. Our parents took us to their room and we slept with them. Over the next days, our parents inquired around.

It seems so that our plot stood in the path of a Yakshi. The Path of the Yakshi is the path that the yakshi moves to her living place/resting place. That is the local superstition. If you don't know what a Yakshi is, I could tell you something about them.

A Yakshi is a supernatural being from Kerala, in India. Its said that Yakshis are spirits of women who die un-natural deaths - like getting killed, ones who commit suicide after getting jilted etc. They roam around in the night. In ancient times, there were stories about yakshis who would appear very beautiful. They would trap travelers in the night and drink their blood etc.

Anyway, my father decided to get the priest from our church to conduct some prayers and purification of the entire plot and house.

After that, we have never seen any such visions.

Other hauntings by AzraelX

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AzraelX, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-23)
An eerie tale well told. Many such tales are also prevalent in other parts of the country and the world.
Thanks for sharing❤

Regards
jesus_soldier (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-24)
I enjoyed the story bro. I'm glad those visions didn't haunt you two anymore. Yakshi's must be something like a succubus in India.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: