You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Paranormal Activity?

Real Ghost Stories

Paranormal Activity?

 

I have been coming to this site for a few weeks now and I would like some help making sense of some experiences I have had!

When I was really young (probably about 5?) I shared a room with my sister, we had bunk beds and I was on the bottom bunk. I remember waking up one night and seeing a black figure just standing there, I couldn't make out any features but I remember it being really tall and it was just standing there watching me. When I was younger I thought it looked like a bear, it was really tall and blurry. I got up to go to the toilet and it was stood at the end of the hall watching me again. I can't remember much else from this experience but it is something that I have always remembered from my child hood as it really freaked me out.

When me and my sister got our own rooms, probably not long after this I remember waking up as something was banging on my bedroom door, it sounded like stones were being thrown at it?

A few months ago my dad asked me if I had gone to the bathroom in the middle of the night, I told him that I hadn't and he said he had heard someone come up stairs and go into the bathroom but they didn't come out. It can't have been the dog as he would have heard her claws on the laminate flooring at the bottom of the stairs. A few weeks later I heard the same thing my self! I don't live in an old house and we have owned the house for the last 20 years.

In August I came home from work and found my Grandma dead in our back garden. She had been hanging out the washing and she came round when every one was at work to let out the dog and help out around the house. Sometimes when I am in the kitchen near the back door I can smell her there. It is definatley her smell as it is always something I remember from her and my Grandada. Sometimes I get scared her spirit could be in the house as it was the last place she was alive?

I know they aren't paticularly scary experiences like some others on here but they are just a few things I would like to make sense of if anyone can help me?

Thanks a lot, Laura x

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ljh1992, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-24)
The incidents you describe, although they may be "paranormal," may not be related. I saw shadow people around my bed when I was a kid and I, too, have never been able to forget it (and have yet to make sense of it, although I have my theories). As for the sound on the stairs, that may be a phenomenon known as phantom noise, a kind of residual energy I believe to be similar to residual haunting. Perhaps the smell of your grandma could be explained as residual energy as well (if it can create sounds, then why not smells too?). In other words, her soul may not actually be there, assuming we do have a soul or some part of our consciousness that survives death and is supposed to go somewhere else. It may just be residual energy. I believe people do have a consciousness that survives death, and that it lingers around briefly after a person dies, but then moves on to where it's supposed to be. It's up to you to choose what you believe.
herohead (2 stories) (61 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-24)
We found my grandfather dead, it was our spring break and we always visited him at that time. It was very peaceful, he had just finished breakfeast when his heart gave up.

We stayed at his house until the buriel.

A couple of weeks later I was home in my room trying to sleep when came to me, no words he just waved and then vanished in thin air never saw him since.

Dont know if it is your grandmother but it doesn't seem to be evil
Brian (guest)
+3
12 years ago (2012-02-24)
I know when my grandfather passed away I believe he stayed around for a while. Not sure why I just knew he wasn't ready to go.

The samething may go for your grandmother.
She may still be taking out laundry, letting the dog out, etc. (even though nothing physically is happening)

Take it as a blessing and just let it go. Don't mess with it (even if it is not your grandmother) take it as a blessing for the short time she is still there or was still there.

When she is ready to move on she will. Until then just when you think you smell her or you hear something like that just say Hey grandma and see what happens.

Best of luck!
Brian.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: