You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Whirlwind In The Master Bedroom

Real Ghost Stories

Whirlwind In The Master Bedroom

 

It's been long since I have posted anything.

I am posting this since last week I had to fly down from Qatar where I am living & working to my home state of Kerala in India to complete the process related to papers related to my house.

I flew down on last Wednesday (1st March 2017) night. Instead of staying at my dad's house (he is staying in a separate house with his wife, who is my stepmom) I stayed at my own house.

I haven't actually stayed long in my house since 2000. Most of the time, my house was given out on rent and for a good portion since 2012 end, it has been lying vacant.

Prior to flying out, I had informed my dad to clean the room in which I used to stay as a teenager and he had got it done.

I had reached my hometown early morning on Thursday. I had deposited my luggage in my room in the house, went to my dad's house, had breakfast and left to the Panchayat office (Panchayat is the local village government) to finish the process.

After getting the work down, I went to my uncle's house and met my cousin Ranjan, who was waiting for his call back to work on the oil rigs in UAE. We decided that we will get together with our friend Jojo whose house is close to my house (who also had come on vacation from Chandigarh) at night in my house and have a few drinks/food and spend the night there.

I had to visit many relatives, do some shopping for medicines (costly in Qatar, but cheap in India).

We settled down at around 10. 00 PM having our food and drinks. Since we were meeting each other after quite a long time, we spent long time chatting, drinking and cracking jokes.

Sometime after midnight, we heard the loud noise of heavy wind blowing. Since it was not the season for rains, we went to the portico and found the weather quite pleasant.

Surprised and puzzled, thinking that it was just a sudden heavy wind, we went back to my room and continued.

Jojo had to go to the toilet and while he was gone, we heard the large noise of the wind again, louder.

We saw Jojo rush into my room, scared saying that the large noise is coming from the master bed room.

We three went close to the master bed room which was locked (all rooms & kitchen were locked, except for my room & the toilets).

We could head the loud noise coming from inside the room, like a whirl wind. The room was empty of all furniture. We could hear the loud noise of a whirlwind inside it and some other unearthly sounds also. We could hear the windows rattling and the locked doors straining against something inside.

I was so damn scared. Having some experiences in the past in this very house, we decided to leave that moment. I went to my dad's house and woke him up, for which he was quite angry at me. But when I explained what we experienced, he cooled down and I slept at my dad's house.

I flew back to Qatar, the very next night (Friday 3rd March 2017).

Now, 3 days later, here, putting it to words.

Thinking back, I now know something that could be the cause of that entire disturbance.

Back in the early 90s, when I was a teenager, there was this neighbor who was so jealous of my family (just because we were quite well off, while she considered herself poor compared to us). She used to do & get done a lot of black magic against us. She used to throw eggs with strange markings inside our plot (in fact we caught her doing so and had a big fight with her family about it). She had in fact went to some black magic practitioner and got some curse put on our family. She herself admitted it when she was screeching at my stepmom during a fight.

I don't know whether it was just coincidence, a lot bad things were happening to us - accidents, illness, job related issues etc. Forced my step mom to think that it was all due to the black magic done by our neighbor.

She had forced my dad to bring in Christian priests, Hindu priests and Muslim practitioner of magic to try remove the course (not together, but at different times thinking the earlier one's attempt was a failure). The Christian Priest did a blessing on the plot and the house.

But the Hindu priest did some sort of a pooja/ homa and chanted lots of mantras an ll. The Muslim priest also chanted lot of stuff and put a copper plate with markings inside the fire pit which was made on the floor of the master bed room.

Other than the discomfort of my dad, stepmom and my baby step sister to sleep in the 2nd bed room, there was no outcome of all the blessings, pooja and the burning of the copper plate at all.

I seriously don't know what was inside the master bed room, but it was sure not of this earth.

Since the last two years I had dropped all thoughts of religion from my mind, going back to my skeptic, indifferent way. But, Now, I am having doubts. I still demand proof/evidence for all occurrences. But this incident has me very disturbed!

I know that only a blessing was done by the priest. The next time I go, I am planning to get my house & plot exorcised.

It gives me shivers now!

Other hauntings by AzraelX

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AzraelX, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AzraelX (8 stories) (115 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-03-15)
[at] Biblio - I have been working for the last 17 years in the middle east- 5 years in Saudi Arabia, 11 years in UAE and since August 2016 in Qatar.

My Dad & family used to live in the old house (my house) until 2002. My Dad got a new house constructed & they shifted there since 2002. From 2002 until 2012 the house was given on rent and since 2012 it has been lying vacant.

The idea that "a member of my family had to be present for the curse to be active" is quite scary.

Perhaps, (I don't know) since the whole thing is connected to my family alone that none of the past tenants had any experiences at all.

My Stepmom is entirely another issue. Shes a complicated woman. Deep mood swings bordering on something like schizophrenia. Scary thing to note is that once a woman with some sort of supernatural/paranormal gift of "visions" visited our house and was quite disturbed saying there is an entity latched on my stepmom's back.

Remembering that and remembering this experience, reading the two together brings some chills.

Nah. I am not courageous to ask my dad to get my stepmom exorcised. Lol. She will start screeching & will not give anyone any peace of mind for a week.

But for sure, I will get the house & plot exorcised.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-13)
Greetings, AzraelX.

You've stated that you rented out the house to other families while you've worked "for almost 10 years" in Qatar, "and I don't recollect anyone raising any issue about such an occurrence." If a tenant had complained about a terrifying supernatural whirlwind in the master bedroom, I don't think you'd have forgotten it very quickly! 😉

I'm going to speculate that the horrible neighbor you had been upset with your family may not have cursed your family's property directly. Depending upon what she wished/willed and stated, she may have cursed your family **while living there.** Her jealousy may have blinded her to other options, such as your working abroad, so that --in her mind, at least-- a member of your family had to be present for the curse to be active.

From a skeptical point of view, I'll state that each of the Holy Men who visited the house should have done some good in removing or diminishing the power of the curse. Blessings and curses have a lot more to do with the intent of the speaker and of the attitude of the recipient than an intrinsic power of their own. To a degree it is psychosomatic; the ritual of blessing provides a sense of hope and comfort, which "resets" the spiritual wellbeing of the individual who then is more confident about being in his or her home. However, that "reset" is more like defragmenting the memory on a computer versus wiping it completely clean; for the sense of wellbeing and strength to persist, the ritual should be repeated at regular intervals to reinvigorate the positive atmosphere. If your stepmother remained unconvinced (perhaps there was a minor issue after each blessing, so she presumed that the blessing was a complete failure), then that attitude would have undermined the efforts of the Ministers to create a new, clean atmosphere.

I'm not blaming your stepmother for feeling that the supernatural elements of her home life are beyond her control (you know from your own experiences that the supernatural can be terrifying); however, I second your idea that having a full-blown exorcism would be in everyone's best interest. The minister from whichever religion your family believes (more specifically, the one your stepmother believes, as she's in the most need of reassurance) should be brought in to perform the exorcism, and as many family members as possible should participate in the prayers, fasting, or whatever action is prescribed, so your property will have the support of many family members who intend to make the home a safe and comfortable residence.

Best,
Biblio.
shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-11)
What an annoying neighbor! Was the Muslim priest acquainted with her at all? Possibly working on her behalf rather than yours? Seems your stepmom was trying to cover all the basis but it may have backfired.

Maybe have the guy who put the coin there come back and remove it (watch him do it) and see what happens.

Unfortunately the door was locked and closed, so you can't be sure what it was exactly.

Renters may have heard and ignored it, you never know. Get it blessed, but most importantly remove previous 'blessings' and make sure no one working leaves anything behind. Good luck!
AzraelX (8 stories) (115 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-11)
[at] RCRuskin - I have a suspicion that it is all because of the last ritual done in the bed room - the heating/burning og the copper/bronze plate (which as engraved with some Arabic words). I guess that this activity would have drawn some entity into the room.
Funny thing is that I ha actually given the house on rent for almost 10 years to different parties and I don't recollect anyone raising any issue about such an occurrence.
Why is that it happened/happens only when I am there?

Not brave enough to do anything myself.
Not convinced that a simple blessing or cleansing would do good.
I m going to get the whole plot and house exorcised.
talib (58 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-10)
According to Muslim beliefs, a house which is not inhabited by humans for a very long time becomes a dwelling place of Jinns (a shape shifting supernatural entity mentioned in the Quran). Perhaps Jinns have occupied the locked bedroom and were not happy with you and your friends presence in the house.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-09)
Granted, my knowledge of Eastern mythology and religion is cursory at best but this sounds like a jinn to me. I am having a hard time hunting down any reliable references to it but I could swear that I've read somewhere about jinn traveling as small whirlwinds or dust devils.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (815 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-09)
Blessing a house, in theory, should have been enough. I know your house has been around for a while, but I wonder if the service of blessing at the founding of a house would be better at expelling and sealing out any negative influences.

Another option is to use the cleansing on Rookdygin's profile (http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155 and scroll down a bit past halfway).

Please let us know what happens.
AzraelX (8 stories) (115 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-09)
[at] Jenny - it is still so creepy to me Since that's my house and I have to live in it when I go back. I plan to get a proper exorcism done during my long vacation.

[at] melda- The wind or whatever was from inside the mater bed room.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-03-09)
Sorry AzraelX, for some reason I mistakenly thought the wind was coming from above the master bedroom. Very silly of me, you stated very concisely where the wind was coming from! It's still early morning here and I left my thinking cap in my bedroom 😊.
Also in my first comment I meant "sometime during the night" not during "the noise".

Perhaps I shouldn't comment on anybody else's account today 😆

Regards, Melda
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-09)
AzraelX - It certainly sounds as though some sort of being had no good intentions towards you at all. Did it at any stage sound as though the wind was coming from inside the house? I have a reason for asking this.

Many years ago when I was still living in Cape Town SA I shared a flat (apartment) with a very good friend. I was awoken at some time during the noise by the sound of wind. It made the sound of strong wind blowing across a plain but I didn't even feel the slightest breeze! This happened inside my room, not outside the complex. It was a still night. My flat mate heard nothing at all in her room.

I hope that you are able to rid your house of anything malevolent which may be lurking there. Living in a haunted house is an unsettling, frightening existence.

Regards, Melda
JennyB83 (12 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-08)
Wow- that's very creepy! Thank you for sharing your story. Hopefully your next visit will be better & successful at getting rid of whatever this is...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: