You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: First Paranormal Experience

Real Ghost Stories

First Paranormal Experience

 

I'm 15 almost 16 years old. I've recently started having night terrors, they've always been severe ever since I started having them. For some reason last night was different.

Now before I went to bed I had turned on the radio for music just because, but when I went to sleep (I don't know when). I had this horrific dream, and I had an episode with my terror. I felt like in my dream I was watching myself sleep, but eventually my mind switched over to reality, I tried to wake up but my eyes wouldn't open, I tried to scream but all I could make were muffled noises, I tried to calm myself down.

Eventually after what seemed like an eternity, I finally felt like someones face was right against mine, like somebody was hovering over me so I wouldn't move. I was terrified, I could feel the tears build up behind my eyelids because of the fear, eventually the weight lifted and I was able to open my eyes, I felt like someones eyes were glued to me, like a hard stare.

It was 3:20 when I built the courage up to look at my phone, the first thing I did was texted my boyfriend, we talked and I told him about the entire event. Finally around 3:45 my radio started turning on and off, I thought it was a short. I stayed in my bed from the fear. Eventually at 5:45 I finally fell back asleep.

As I woke up at 6:07 this morning for school, I felt this bruise forming on my shoulders like hands had been on them, I felt bruises forming on my upper arms, and I felt bruises forming on my upper thighs. As I kept getting ready the pain on each place got worse, I eventually saw red hand marks on each area...

I'm unsure that it was paranormal, but I believe it was.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shayla99, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

cutiepiecharlie (17 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-02-18)
I mean I had it open I type the wrong thing when I'm scared I'm freaking out hat should I do
cutiepiecharlie (17 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-02-18)
whoa I'm upstairs on my own I've just read this and I'm crapping myself because as soon as I finished reading this I noticed my bedroom door is shut when I know for certain I had it closed and plus a few minuets ago I got sleep paralysis and I could see a little boy closing my door and my dog is running up and down the stairs going mental to 😨
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-29)
What was the weather like when you had this experience? Sometimes when there are disturbances like thunder for example, radio sets tend to have a mind of their own and pick up static.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-28)
I bruise myself all the time with no idea how I manage to do it! I can understand the theory of you grabbing yourself and bruising yourself in your sleep I have done that to myself before. Have you ever felt creeped out in your house before? Or has anyone else in the house said they have experienced anything?
shayla99 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-26)
I have always woke up around that time, and I've always heard weird things, but this is the first time I've felt physicaly attacked.
shayla99 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-26)
Its strange because I remember the incident so clearly, like I've read about sp and old hags before, and I completely understand that my incident sounds exactly like sp and old hags, but I don't understand the radio, it started making this static sound and then it just started turning off and on, so that's the only thing that is throwing me off.:/
sarapz (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-26)
Hey,an interesting experience you got there and I hope you could get a comfortable sleep. I too have had my own experience but I'm always awake when it happens, tough its always vary.

[to]flagg79:Quick question, I am 15 and I have encountered many paranormal activity, and iv'e been thinking about a few month ago when I'm awake and instantly aware of the sensation of getting stabbed (as in like my leg gets stabbed by a knife, but it's like... Getting scratched by cat I supose? I don't know the right term for it, that painful sensation in my left leg), is this called SP?

Sorry for my bad english, its not my first language.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-26)
shayla99 - I know it's too late now, but if this happens again, please try and remember to look closely at the handprints on your arms and legs and make sure they aren't your own. Sometimes when you have such traumatic night terrors, you can grip your own arms and legs, thereby creating the marks yourself. The fear in our dreams can create such strength that we create bruising, even if we don't remember doing it. Imagine crossing your arms and gripping. I'm not saying this is it, just a thought.

I wake up with bruises all the time and have no idea how I get them. Some of them are huge and I'd remember if I hit something.
flagg79 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-26)
Hey. Scary incident and I can sympathize completely. I have been having episodes of sleep paralysis since I was 22. I am 32 now and they just started out of nowhere. I used to think I was unique in this happening until I read about it in a medical journal. Lots of people suffer from it. I feel better in not being so special! I find that it happens much more often when I fall asleep on my back. So if I am drowsy and watching TV, I make sure to turn over, lol.

The marks on your body may be explainable. Still very very weird though. How many times has this happened?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: