You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Death Caused By Black Magic

Real Ghost Stories

Death Caused By Black Magic

 

I am not going to use the actual names in this account for the need of privacy by the related individuals.

T and I knew each other since 2003. On papers, he was my junior, but the rapport and relationship that we shared was much beyond the 'official' paperwork. Both of us loved mimicking people and making impromptu jokes at each other and also others. Of course, all was done in good fun.

About 3 years ago, T was eligible for a promotion. He mentioned to me that it was important to him and only if he got the promotion, could he marry his long time sweetheart. We discussed the chances and the competition and the role. We spent 3 weeks understanding the role and how to go about the interview. Being in the senior role, I had access to the panel of interviewers. Of course I did not tell him the details, but helped him with how to understand certain questions and situations. To cut a story short, T cracked the interview and got promoted. We had a party, and a few months later, I received the invite for his wedding.

All was going well, until one day, he called me while I was on my way to office and asked me to join him for a smoke. I reached soon, and asked him why he sounded a bit distraught. Because with T, there was never a heavy moment. We could poke fun at the worst of situations. He said it was nothing, to which I teased him about being married and struggling to cope.

Approximately a week after that, he called another friend and asked him about insurance policies. He got all the information he wanted, and needless to say, at the end of it, was the butt of our jokes again. This time however, he did not respond too well. We should have guessed it then that there was something wrong, but the thought never crossed our minds. Life went on as usual for a few weeks, and we were up to our normal tricks. A few months later, T asked one of the friends about black magic and voodoo. Soon this was discussed with us, and I asked him what was bothering him. He said something felt wrong, and despite everything seeming normal and good, he was disturbed. I thought he just needed a break from the work, so we decided to take off for the weekend. We went to an adventure camp and got involved in the activities there.

That was the first time I noticed something seriously wrong. At around noon on the first day of the trip, T was sitting in a chair by the lake, with his eyes rolled back. At first I thought he was just playing a prank, so I walked up to him and clapped him on the back. And he just looked at me with a blank face and said 'It is done'. I asked him what was he talking about, and he seemed like he had snapped out of a trance. Of course I did not tell the rest of the group barring one other friend, and we decided to take a short walk in the woods. We tried to get more out of T as we were now getting worried about the whole thing. And all he said was 'I don't know, it seems like someone is up to tricks with me'. Being friends, we got a bit reactive and asked him to tell us everything and we would do everything we could. T assured us he would tell us the whole story the following weekend over a few beers. We agreed and thought it was a good idea.

The Monday after our adventure trip, I was on my way to office, when I received a call informing me that T had committed suicide in his house. This took me by an emotion I don't know how to describe. I turned my car towards his residence and found all the friends and his family (He was married for 6 months at this time). We asked around and got the details of the events which I will not share here as it is inappropriate. We were all pretty shaken up. A month later, I moved out of the city as part of a transfer to another location. All the while we had just one question - what was T going to tell us that following weekend? Did it have anything to do with his death?

I got my answer 3 months post his death. His wife called me and after talking about the next steps for her, she mentioned that T had some property under dispute (I recollected T telling us about some land that his father had purchased in the 80's). And a relative had come visiting with some property papers some time after his death. T's family wanted nothing to do with the property, so they let it go. The family was aware of the property under dispute and they had strong doubts about a member in the extended family practicing black magic. This was done in order to claim the property. It is a known practice in India that people indulge in all sorts of dark arts for property, money and sometimes just plain jealousy. T was at the receiving end of something like this. He was under some kind of 'spell' that caused him to take the extreme step. His family had lost interest in the property as they were too overcome with the grief of their son. We discussed a lot of things including this one time when T was running scared about a missing watch, some clothes and his hair. T sported short hair and trimmed it himself. Just for kicks, he had a basket in which he would collect the cropped hair and make weird jokes about it. That's when we understood that someone actually had stooped as low as they did to get some piece of land that wasn't even rightfully theirs.

Soon after I spoke to his wife, I received a message on my phone. The message was from T (How he managed to do that, I do not have a clue. All I know is there was no way anyone else could have done it because we keep our phones and systems very secure, and even our wives do not have the passwords and security codes to bypass the system). The message said - Sorry buddy. There came a point where I was not in control of what I was doing. Please do not pursue this.

The same message was received by the third friend who was part of our discussion at the adventure camp. I take it as his wish to not pursue it, so we did not mention it again. It has been two years now that this incident happened and we have silently accepted it. Yes, we are enraged at the loss of a good friend and wish we could get some retribution. We also realize that such thoughts are better if they stay as thoughts and don't turn into deeds. However, the one thing I have to ask is - How much value does anything have over a life? Is it worth stooping to such depths just for some piece of land?

Other hauntings by adsouza

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, adsouza, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-31)
Hi this post actually made me sad. My heart goes out for your friend and thank god that your friend is sweet to keep in touch with you and your other friend by messaging you both not to pursue it due to the danger it was involved with. I think that's the wise thing to do. God knows what these people will get by killing an innocent life for piece of property.
SnoWQueeN (5 stories) (100 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
Sorry for your loss. This is hurting those black magics are just nasty thing really it just ruins a person. Here in Srilanka its kind of part of a life for some people, they give advertisments in the tv mentioning for lands, relationships etc. I hate that, there are many stories if I recall about those so called magic which have ruined and ended the lives. May his soul rest in peace ❤

~Nikky
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-05)
He did not bat well. Took a wicket while bowling though... And his team won, so it's all good!
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-05)
You're welcome Amit. How is the cricket going? Did Kallis perform well?
adsouza (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-05)
Hi Cindy,
I'm good... Watching the IPL cricket. Watched Jacques Kallis playing earlier in the day and enjoyed it. I'm going through the account now, thanks for letting me know.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-05)
Hey Amit, How are you doing? I just came across an old experience here on YGS, & thought of you!
Check out "Evp Or Some Sick Joke", it may interest you. Also, in the comments to this post, are trails to more posts.
Just thought I would give you a 'heads up'. 😊
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-02)
Thank you for reading Dan. It's good to know that there are all of you who share the same set of emotions on getting to know something like this.

And yes, it has been extremely hard for me to stay away. How long can I do it, we'll have to just wait and see.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
adsouza: Sorry for your loss mate, that truly is a tragic way to lose a friend, the depths to which some people will go for certain things can be really low and despicable.
I can only imagine how hard it would have been to not pursue this, if it was my close friend I don't know if I could do it, but in the end if it is there wishes I would honour it.
A great and tragic account my friend, thank you for sharing it with us here!

Dan
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
Thank you for reading Taz and Ladyglow. Your thoughts about the karmic cycle are what I share and believe in too.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-30)
what a tragic story adsouza thank you for for sharing such a personal experience.
I have to say be careful if you do decide to look into this, obviously the person or people responcible would not like the fact that someone is looking into it and if they were willing to kill for the land...
Just take comfort in knowing that when using black magic that the caster will get the same returned times 3, karma can be such a bit~ch
All the best
Taz
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-04-30)
I'm sorry for your loss.

It is imposible to understand how somebody could act in such a wrong way just to satisfy his/her greed.

Trust on divine justice or karma, or whatever you want to call it and be reasure this person will pay a high price for his/her bad deeds.

Take care.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-30)
Amit,
That's what I was thinking. There's always a way to get around these things! It's hard not to want to look into this, it would drive me crazy!

Jav 😊
adsouza (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-30)
Hi Deane,
It took me a month to write this account. The nature of the incident, the emotional content and the facts... I knew that had I not re-written it over and over again (thanks to the advice of someone I know), the message would not be as clear.
I have been thinking about it for a long time now, and two of us were told not to pursue this... There is always a way to get around things.
😊
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-30)
Amit,
This account has left me stunned. I have read it several times, each time looking for something I didn't catch the time before. I'm terrible that way.
My heart is breaking for T and all who were close to him. I know it would be nearly impossible for me not to pursue this matter to it's core. But I also understand how you feel. Especially after receiving his message from beyond.
This is on my favorites list for life now. It breaks my heart and frightens me to no end at the same time. Thank you for trusting us with this Amit.

Jav ❤
adsouza (guest)
+3
12 years ago (2012-04-30)
Ghostraiser:
I would have ignored your comment had it been only on my account. In that case, I would put it down to just plain ignorance. Then you commented on another experience with a very cheap remark.
What exactly are you looking for here? What makes you think that you will find something scripted here like a movie? Are you even aware that this is a site for real experiences? And in case you haven't used your brain enough (which it seems from your comments), reality is not as graphic as imagination (In your case - perverted imagination).
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-30)
adsouza,
Firstly, I am so sorry for the loss of your friend, I can sympathise.
Secondly, I can understand how this 'crime' was committed. The use of black magic is common here in South Africa too. Yes, they also use hair or nail clippings. We are too often careless in the disposal of these items!
Greed is nasty Monster! Not everyone entertains it, thank heaven!
I am happy for you that your pal was able to comunicate with you from beyond the grave. It is greatly comforting!
I wish you all of the best, also, the family of your friend.
adsouza (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-30)
Thanks for reading shellzy. Honestly, it was a mixed feeling when I was contacted. Had he not done that, maybe we would have gone to the root of this. That he did has made us accept some hard truths. Both ways are educating in themselves.
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-30)
adsouza

Wow, I have read over this story a few times and it is truly a sad and fascinating account. It certainly brought a tear to my eye and I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend 😢.
I do agree with you, stooping so low as to use black magic to obtain a piece of land that results in a loss of life... Well its just incomprehensible!
I can understand how upset you must have been to not be able to persue this, did you find some comfort in the fact that your friend contacted your after he passed?
Thankyou for sharing this, it must have been difficult to come to terms with his loss. You are an incredibly kind person, I really wish you well 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: