You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Bout With An Unseen Opponent

Real Ghost Stories

Bout With An Unseen Opponent

 

This is an experience that happened about 6 years ago. I had a hard time understanding the turn of events for quite a while. In some weird way, I am just glad that this event happened. I had made a very brief mention of this in a post some time ago and decided to share it after much thought.

I had traveled to another city to meet a friend and catch up. We decided to visit a pub and have a few beers. The evening went well, and we had a lot of fun. Once the party was over, my friend asked us all to drop in for a night cap. Besides, I was the only one not too drunk to drive down the small lane back home. So five of us piled into the SUV and reached my friend's apartment.

Once inside the house, my friend took me aside and told me that she called everyone home because something did not seem right. Usually, I don't take such things seriously because there is always an explanation. But with this friend, I knew she had checked out all possibilities. Her reason for calling me was that I am a student of martial arts, and have achieved some level of control over my discipline.

We shared what little knowledge we had with the rest of the gang and decided to walk around the house and see what we could find. Nothing came up, and my friend (who is well versed in yoga and meditation) mentioned that some light was moving back into the house. We took this as a good sign and slept off. The next morning, after some much needed coffee and a breakfast we took off for our respective homes. I had a six hour drive to make, so I left early.

I reached home late in the afternoon and after spending the evening reading, decided to call it a night. I usually keep my room in a certain way, and know almost instantly if anything is out of place or if anyone has been in my room (courtesy - James Bond). Funny, yes; but good fun too.

That night as I slept, I thought someone was in my room. So I woke up and tried to look around. Obviously I did not see anyone. So I got out of bed and walked around my room, towards the washroom and the balcony. I did not have much success. Almost immediately, something told me to close my eyes and try to sense what was there, so I did just that. With my eyes closed, I walked back to the centre of the room, trying to find an answer, when I felt something move quickly past me. From the height, the speed and the feeling of the movement, it seemed like a man. I took up my stance with my eyes still closed and whispered, "Bring it on, @#$&*^%!" The movements continued and I was reacting as I was fighting in the ring. With every wasted punch and kick, I could feel some strain on my senses. I had started to think that maybe this was too much of a task for me, while still swinging my hands and legs around. And that's when I felt my foot connect hard into what felt like a ribcage. Instantly, everything went calm and I opened my eyes to see if I could find what I hit. Of course, the room was empty.

Feeling very good about the whole four odd minutes, I walked back to my bed, when the light on my phone flashed and I saw that my friend was calling me. I answered, and the first question that came my way was, "Who were you fighting?" Throughout the whole episode, the only thing that made me cringe was this question from my friend. Not the presence in my room, or the little bout. I replied saying it was nothing, and asked her what made her call me. She then told me that she felt the energy in her house had left and followed me, so she had started to meditate.

Nothing ever happened after that, life went on as usual and although we don't speak about it, we have not forgotten what happened.

Other hauntings by adsouza

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, adsouza, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

angel81 (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-18)
nice story 😊... Try to meditate more... Keep posting...
Thanks
Angel 😊
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
Aiaiaiai Deathgod? Nah steph, I am nowhere close to that!
But thanks!
stephyw2001 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
That is awesome! Just read this, so glad you kicked its butt. I think it was much much more than the physical punch. The fact that you did it with your eyes closed, you connected with it more than just a kick would, you had your will and intent in every movement. The energy that connected with it definitely got the point across that "don't F*** with me!" I love it! You sir, are a worthy shinigami! 😁
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
Granny, Jesus_soldier, Dan: The slippery bugger never showed up after that. Honestly, I just got lucky with the ribcage, but anything that works is good. Thank you all for reading.

Good to know I have a partner Dan!
Heeeyaaa to you and a bigger one for Granny from me too!
πŸ˜†
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
Amit, loved it mate I'm assuming you havn't heard or felt anything from this entity since? I'm glad you showed it who is boss, keep up that fighting spirit buddy, from your fellow ninja! Lol 😁

Thanks for sharing.

Dan

(A big heeeeyaaaa for you Granny!) πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
Amit: OMG I'm so glad I finally read this πŸ˜† πŸ˜†...DARKNESS and you are my "ninjarish" heros... Very cool, my friend! 😊
Jesus_soldier (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
The ribcage is a very good spot to hit. I'm sure the spirit did a tuck and roll out the window to avoid anymore contacts haha. I enjoyed the story bro.

Thank you for sharing
adsouza (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
Rook: Glad you enjoyed it. I, on the other hand, was enjoying your debate with the trolls.
πŸ˜‰
BlueTurtle: I know the thought process. It took me quite a few months to make the decision to share the experience here despite knowing that everyone here would understand better than my family members back home. No ill feelings taken.
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
Glad to hear that after you 'connected', this hasn't happened again. Still, if I had told my sister that I'd had a spar with an invisible foe (they already make fun of me for having taken taekwondo) they'd laugh. That's just my family, but it does seem odd that you would engage in a fight with something that wasn't really there, physically speaking. No disrespect intended...it's just very interesting. I've never read a story quite like this before.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
Amit,

Enjoyed this one... I have found myself doing the same thing, or something very similar a couple of times so understand your reaction completely. Thanks for sharing this with us.

I'd write more but it seems the 'Trolls' are busy... Hi Ho. Hi Ho...it's off the work I go. πŸ˜‰

Respectfully,

Rook
adsouza (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
Shellzy: I'm glad you enjoyed the read. Like I said earlier, for me, this was just luck. Thanks for the kind (and amusing) words.

Cindy: Thank you for reading and the kind comments. Oh, and I enjoy reading every single one of your emails although I may not respond to them.
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
Ha Ha! I love this story! Break out the Superman Cape, Amit is going to kick some butt! πŸ˜†

Seriously I admire your courage standing up to this being the way you did. Sometimes enough is enough human or ghost!

Thanks for sharing, very enjoyable read! 😊
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
Hi Amit, I have a picture in my minds eye; you, taking the stance, knees flexed, hands at the ready, with your eyes closed. And yes, you would definitely know the feel of a rib-cage.
Good for you, so glad that you could kick some supernatural butt!
Once again, I loved your narration!

Thank you for sharing.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
Of course not! Why would it want to come back for seconds?

Jav πŸ˜†
adsouza (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
D!
LOL! I put the butt kicking down to beginer's luck. It has never happened since that one time.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
Amit,
HA! I love this! I now have a vision of you in my mind, fighting this unseen visitor in the dark. And, of course, you kicked his butt! This is going to my favorites list!

Jav 😁
adsouza (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
Vibhanim - Initially I tried to find out what it was. At the time, I did not have any success. As the years passed, I let it go.
Joshuakeys - I am glad you enjoyed reading.
Snowqueen - I did hear about that movie, but have not watched it (I thought it was a love story). We did research but never found out anything. And spirit in the mirror? LOL! I am yet to see something like that so maybe if someone decides to say hello like that my reaction then may be entirely 'different'. πŸ˜†
Thanks for reading.
SnoWQueeN (5 stories) (100 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-10)
This reminds me about 'Haunted 3D'😁fight with the character 'Iyer' lol.

Nice read. Have you both researched about the spirit? I wonder how you would have reacted if the spirit showed up in the mirror while driving!😜
Thanks for sharing...

~Nikky❀
joshuakeys (7 stories) (45 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-09)
[at] adsouza, I finished reading your story by 11:59PM, Suddenly power cut, Dark everywhere. It was an eerie feeling. Started searching for an emergency lamp. I was that scared after reading your experience.

Thanks for sharing.
vibhanim21 (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-09)
hi,
Nice narration,
But did you try to find out what was that energy?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: