You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Late Night Visitor

Real Ghost Stories

A Late Night Visitor

 

Quick backstory: My great grandfather passed away December of 2006 from cancer in his bedroom of the house he and my great grandmother lived in since 1961. He was a quiet man who loved to relax in his favorite recliner and watch baseball.

This event took place January 11, 2010. My Aunt called me the night before to ask if I would spend the night over at my great-grandmother's house to watch after her because she was taking some new medication. I had no problem going over and had no preconceived notions about any spirits or unusual activity that may play out in the house.

The following events took place between 10:30 pm and 4:00 am.

The Shower:

I immediately took a shower in my grandfather's bathroom he built. He had strict rules about drying the shower out after anyone used it. That night I forgot to dry the shower after I got out. About 5 minutes later, a wave of nausea came over me when I went back in the bathroom to retrieve my clothes. I looked at the shower and instantly remembered to dry it. After I did, the nausea went away.

An After Dinner Visitor:

After I finished with the bathroom, I decided I would eat some leftovers my grandmother made. I heated them up and took my place on the living room couch next to my grandfather's recliner he loved so much. I slept in the living room because it was closest to my grandmother's room, so if she needed me I would hear her easily. I ate dinner and watched TV until I fell asleep. I woke up around 2:30 am to realize I fell asleep with the TV on so I turned it off and proceeded to go back to sleep. I was lying on the couch facing the cushions for about 10 minutes, when this overwhelming feeling of someone coming towards me made the hair on my arms stand straight. I turned to look in the direction of the feeling, thinking it was my grandmother walking in the living room only to see no one. Just pure blackness. I put the covers over my head and eventually fell back asleep.

3:30 am The Lights Come:

For some reason I jolted awake very hot and uncomfortable. I sat there for a little bit trying to relax and cool off for about 15 minutes. After I cooled off I was just listening to the traffic outside trying to go back to sleep, only to feel that strange feeling of someone watching me or coming towards me happen again. This time the feeling was so intense I felt a sense of panic to get away, so I punched at the air and swung my arms wildly to make the feeling go away. It went away for a few seconds and my eyes were wide examining the room. All of a sudden, I see these pinpoint brilliant blue and yellow lights about 4 inches away from my face floating around, only to disappear a few seconds later against the pitch blackness. Did I just see a ghost or some sort of spiritual energy?

I was so scared I just laid there with the covers over my head and I didn't go back to sleep. I waited until 7:00 am when my grandmother woke up and I told her about it. I also told my aunt about it and they both said my great-grandfather was just checking in on me. My grandmother said he visits her almost every night.

I will never forget that night as I never had any sort of paranormal activity happen to me ever before. I was thinking about it for days and started to really think it was him just checking in on me as the feeling was non-threatening, but just very eerie and unsettling. Seeing those lights is permanently burned into my memory. I never seen any sort of illumination like that. I never spent the night again alone.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bereal25, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Elle0309 (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-09)
Rookdygin,

Thank you for letting me know that! Seeing all those "clowns" made me think I was missing out on some kind of inside joke or something.

Elle
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-09)
Elle0309,

For April 1st (April Fools) the 'Powers That Be' pranked the site. Once the day was over everything went back to normal. So please don't think it's your cellphone.

Respectfully,

Rook
Elle0309 (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-08)
Bereal25:

I don't know why but when I was reading the comments on my Blackberry, the word clown
Kept being substituted for different words. Perhaps there was a virus
On my phone because the comments are normal now. Wierd.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2012-04-03)
Somebody needs to tell grandpa to go to the light. It's a shame his unfinished business is a wet shower?!
Ghostly98 (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-03)
First off sorry about your great-grandfather! And I don't agree with a comment made by snowhite, not that its a bad comment just that I don't agree 😊 I don't think that he was trying to scare you, but simply get your attention to dry the shower, which is understandable, because he was so strict, as you explained, just because he isn't there anymore dosen't mean he dosen't want a functioning shower! 😊 I do think you experience a type of energy, in the sitting-room, as you were in the same room as your great-grandfathers favourite chair! I'm sure he means no harm to you but just wants you to know that hes there, so no need to be scared, but I wouldn't want to be alone again either if I were you or if that happened to me! As for you feeling that someone was behind you, it was probably your great-grandfather again just dropping in 😊

Ghostly98 xxx
bereal25 (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-02)
About the bathroom incident. He was VERY strict about his bathroom and shower when alive. He built the bathroom himself and normally no one would be able to use it. We would have to use the guest bathroom. If we did use his we had to make sure everything was the way was before we used it.

I don't think he was trying to scare me, but just his presence scared me I guess.

Elle0309, I don't understand your comment
ghosthater55 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-02)
i agree with snowwhite because why would a loved one try to attack you just a punishment by leaving the bathroom dry I have no idea
Elle0309 (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-01)
What is with the constant use of "clown"? Did some kind of virud get in?
snowhite (203 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-01)
I don't understand why he made you feel so scared and uncomfortable. Normally the loved ones within a family who passed away would make you feel peaceful.
RainbowDash (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-01)
I think this was your great-grandpa watching over you, just wanting to make sure you're okay.
bereal25 (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-31)
Yes, I'm sure it was. It was such a surreal feeling. It was like I could hear him coming towards me as well as feeling it. A few times I thought I was going to see an apparition when I kept getting that feeling and also after I seen those lights. I thought it was trying to manifest itself. I was too scared to go back to sleep after that!
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-31)
It could easily have been your Grandfather. In my first account on the site, I talked about how even though I never physically met mine, he always checked in on Grandma and I whenever I stayed over, and every night he'd get into bed with Grandma.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: