You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Aj's Strange Paranormal Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

Aj's Strange Paranormal Experiences

 

My name is AJ and I'm 13 years old. So far I have had 2 paranormal experiences that I can recall.

The first paranormal experience I can remember happened when I was 6 or 7 years old. I was living with my mother at the time (my parents divorced when I was 3) and we lived in a house about 50 years old in Newlands, Wellington, NZ. We moved into the house and everything seemed ok for the first 3 months of us being there. The house creaked and groaned a little bit, but that was expected considering the house was pretty old.

Anyway I remember one night waking up in the middle of the night and I felt like I was being observed by someone, so I sat up and saw something tall and black dart out of the room suddenly. I was surprised but disregarded the incident and went back to sleep. The next morning my mother asked what I was doing downstairs last night and I said, "What? I didn't get out of bed." She looked confused and told me she heard the fridge door open and close. (lol maybe the ghost was hungry.)

We both let it go for the next couple of days, until both me and my mother heard voices at night when we were in bed. We didn't talk about it often, but it did go on for at least 4 weeks. Then, one night Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets was on. I was a Harry Potter fan and wanted to watch it so mum set the TV up in my room and went to bed early, so I stayed up and watched it. I was about 5 minutes away from the credits when I fell asleep and left the TV on. Mum was in a deep sleep (I could tell because she was snoring). I woke up around 2:00 am when I yet again saw the black shadow dart out of my bedroom; the TV was off.

The next morning I told my mother the whole story and she said that she was asleep the whole time and couldn't have turned the TV off. From this day on I have believed in ghosts and spirits from the afterlife. I told my friends the story and we refer to the ghost as the "TV Ghost."

Okay my last paranormal experience happened 2 years ago on March 5, 2010. I remember the date so well because this wasn't just a little "Watch me while I sleep and turn the TV off" ghost, this one was different.

I live with my father now in Kelson, Lower Hutt, Wellington, NZ. When I was asleep one night, I heard a huge bang in my room. My dad heard it too and leaped out of bed and into my room. He asked me what it was and I said I had no idea. He switched the light on and we found my clay cat I had made in art class when I was 6 was smashed all over the floor. My dad thought I had accidentally kicked it in my sleep and knocked it off the table at the foot of my bed were it had stood.

The next night I heard footsteps running up and down the staircase. My dad's a heavy sleeper so he didn't hear them. This continued and I found myself lying awake in bed for weeks without a bit of sleep.

Finally the noises and strange happenings had stopped and I could finally sleep! Then, a few weeks later March 5th hit. That night I was asleep when I heard the floorboards of my room creak. My cat Ellwood was on my bed at the time and I saw him slowly back away from the side of the bed and hiss. Then suddenly out of nowhere something grabbed me with incredible force and heaved me off my bed! I shrieked and it let go and I fell onto the floor. The light switched on and my dad came into my room. He saw me lying on the floor and asked me what happened. I told him that something had lifted me off my bed and dropped me onto the floor. Not being much of a believer of the paranormal world, he thought I just rolled onto the floor by accident and fell off the bed. I glanced toward my bed and noticed that Ellwood was gone.

About a week later Ellwood had come back after dad had let him outside that morning. He was hungry and seemed a little distressed about entering the house.

That was 2 years ago and nothing has happened since. It was really weird, but I've moved on from the ghost and it hasn't bothered me since. If it does show back up though I'll submit it onto this website to let you know if anything else strange occurs.

Well, those are my experiences. I'm still a little bit shaken up about the last one though. If the ghost does return I'm going to see if I can communicate with it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tornfromreality, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

tornfromreality (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-15)
thank you guys so much for your comments
The logical explanation is that it was a dream, and I agree with rookdygin that it most likely was a dream as most entitys don't have the strength to lift me physically.

I hope all of you are having a wonderfull year and many more wonderful years for you to come! 😁

~AJ~
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-12)
Hi AJ, this is a very interesting experience you share here with us. I must say my uncle had almost the same experience long time ago within a bedroom on my grandfathers' plot. What makes his experience difference from yours is the fact that he took the family pet monkey to go and sleep with him in this room claiming that he is not afraid of the ghost. He mocked the ghost and this entity got so mad he tipped the bed with my uncle and the poor monkey over. Maybe I will share that story with you one day. I believe it can happen. I also believe what Rook says that your body might had reacted to a dream, because it is true what he says that an entity must have great energy to be that strong to pick something up. I'm glad your cat is back and that it never happened again though. Take care. Trix.
Cocoa (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-11)
Hi Aj, It's lovely to hear back from you. I WAS going to refer Rook to you because at first this seemed to be a demonic figure, but the way Rook has reasoned with you it has come to me that it maybe was a dream. Rook is a great researcher and I hope he has helped in anyway!

Thanks! Cocoa 😊 ❤
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-11)
tornfromreality,

There are many 'cases' where spirits contact the living via their dreams... This may have been what was happening to you... Your cat may have indeed 'seen/felt' something that made him uncomfortable, animals seem to be much more sensitive to unseen spirits / entities than we are.

I am not trying to discount your experiences at all, just asking questions and suggesting alternate possibilities as to what happened to you that night. It would take a very strong entity with a very strong 'source' of energy to pick up an individual and drop them on the floor. If this entity however was contacting you via a dream... And your body reacted physically... Well this is a more 'logical' conclusion as to what may have happened that night.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask them and if you feel the need I have a Shielding/Cleansing Method that is yours for the asking.

Respectfully,

Rook
tornfromreality (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-10)
good point rookdygin, me being tossed off my bed could possibly be a dream and I might've fallen out of bed, but that dosen't explain the strange behaviour of my cat the following week. He disapeared which is very unlike him and when he did return he seemed very disturbed and upset and refused to enter the house for a while. It could've been a dream but it felt so real and I have had paranormal encounters before that event occured, so my first thought is that it wasn't a dream and it did happen, if that makes any sense.

Thank you for your comment rookdygin 😊 😁
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-10)
tornfromreality,

You have done a good job of recounting these event's...I suggest a Journal (unless you already keep one) this will allow you to 'track and compare' these event's and help provide details that may help determine if this is truly something malevolent... Or other things. At the moment you have offered only one 'event' that may or may not have been caused by a malevolent spirit / possible demon...

Having said that I have to ask this question... The night you were 'tossed' from your bed are you 100% sure you had woken up... Or could this have somehow been part of a dream and you actually did 'fall out of bed'? Were you dropped xx number of feet from the side of your bed... A distance that rules out falling/rolling out of bed? Or could this have been a dream about 'something' entering the room that was interrupted by you falling out of bed and screaming as you did so?

Respectfully,

Rook
tornfromreality (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-10)
thanks Cocoa and LumenFilia for your wonderfull comments and advice. You're right, I shouldn't try to communicate with the spirit as it could make the situation much worse. It did happen 2 years ago and nothing has happened since, so i'm hoping that the spirit has departed to the afterlife. 😊
Cocoa (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-09)
Hi AJ, I'm around your age and you seem to have handled this bravely. I would've screamed so much Africa might've heard it 😨 lol! I'm following on from what LumenFilia is saying, Get a priest or prosfessional to handle this. Your dealing with a very strong and violent force, it could hurt you very badly. I hope this demoinc entity has gone soon enough.

Thanks for the story! Cocoa 😊
LumenFilia (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-09)
Do not try to communicate with this entity. It seems from what you have written that it is malevolent. No ouija boards, no candles, no nothing. Don't communicate. If something like this happens again, either sage your house or see a priest, whichever you prefer. I know you're only thirteen but if this happens again and your mom or dad see that you are genuinely shaken by these things they will perhaps help.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: