You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Yet Another Haunted House?

Real Ghost Stories

Yet Another Haunted House?

 

Some time ago my family and I moved to another house again - the third one now within two years. As I told in some other stories of mine, in each of my previous two houses we more or less had some issues with spirits and also now the "spook" doesn't seem to be all over.

The whole moving process started quite funny actually; on the second day already after moving in some of our neighbours told us that this house was allegedly "known to be haunted" - they talked about hearing young children crying inside while the house was vacant and nobody was living there.

Oh gosh - but I didn't take this too serious at all since most neighbours here are very superstitious, so I told them (and myself) "ah come on, stop it already..."

In fact, I consciously and willingly closed my eyes regarding anything paranormal because I just didn't/don't accept it bothering our life and peace in any way.

Having that said, we spent our first few nights in the nice new house.

And my first few nights there were kind of remarkable for me; I had very vivid nightmares about very horrible and partially even gory things!

But they were not really nightmares as in "having a scary nightmare", I mean I have never been waking up in fear or been afraid of something during those dreams.

Furthermore, the plot of the dreams was something that had never come to my mind before, but it repeated every single night in a slight variation;

It was always about a middle-aged dead couple lying in two separate beds in a room of my house (no idea which one) who were "forgotten" in some way and even looked already decomposing (!).

Not sure to explain it right, but in the dreams my questions to them always were "why are you still here?!" and "how can I help you?"...

They did answer me but I really cannot remember what exactly they said.

I only remember that I always felt very great pity for them but no fear whatsoever (even though their image was very ugly) - and after waking up in the morning I've always been very confused!

All this stopped after the first 4-6 days and I thought to myself that it must have been because of the new surrounding plus those "haunted-house" talks of my neighbours that just let my mind play.

I never told my family about it because I knew my wife would be too scared and same like me she was so happy about the new big house - I didn't want to ruin that happiness.

Some weeks passed by before a friend of mine (a local) came to visit me for his first time in my new home. Oddly, the first thing he asked was "ah, so you're living in the haunted house now, how is it going?!" - I laughed because I thought he was joking with me, but then he explained that it really is some kind of "neighbourhood legend" here that this particular house must be haunted or something.

Interesting!

After his visit my "I block everything out"-attitude was way not that strong any more, which means the following days I couldn't help but keep on thinking and researching about what might have happened in this house before.

My initial researches didn't bring up any useful information at all, so I just started "listening" (with my mind) when I was all alone in that big new 3-storey house. And I swear to you, only less than one day after I finally started opening my mind, the first distinct happenings started to occur;

I started to frequently hear tiny footsteps of wet children-feet in the afternoon, running across the tiled kitchen/living room floor.

They sound the same way like my own small children running across the floor after leaving the swimming pool or the shower or something.

At some spots in the house (especially in my office) I sometimes feel like being watched - but not in an inconvenient way at all, it's more like a curious/nosy watching like "hmmm what is he doing there?!" or something.

In this context I'd like to add that what is now my office must once have been a small girl's bedroom, because when moving in I found a couple of Barbie-stickers and children's paintings/writings in pink and blue colour on the walls.

Outside we have a small balcony that has stairs going down (to the garage) and up (to the rooftop) and I have to say this is the least enjoyable place for me when it comes to "sensing" or "listening to" spirits of some kind (if there are any).

Out there, especially on the stairway that leads to the rooftop, I sometimes smell a very very disgusting scent - like a mixture of urine, sour lemon juice or rotten beef or something like that.

Sometimes it's really so intrinsic that I feel like throwing up!

I blamed it on the dog in the first place because sometimes she wee-wees under the stairs if she cannot go out, but even if she's going out regularly the smell will come back from time to time and I'm not the only one to smell it.

Speaking of the rooftop; we have a gigantic beautiful 100 square-meters wide rooftop on the third floor of our house - I love the place for relaxing and sunbathing or for inviting friends to bbq and so on, but:

If it's night time already and if I'm standing at the stairway going up, sometimes (only sometimes) I have no chance to move my body even one step ahead to go up there!

It feels like there is something up there that says "don't you dare to come up here now!" or something similar - it's really weird!

Usually I am not that kind of coward and sometimes I just ignore it and I go up anyway to do my business there (mostly getting or bringing some stuff) - but sometimes even if I turned on all the lights up there and everything I'm having that very deep eerie feeling telling me that I want to go back downstairs immediately - it feels like I'm "disturbing somebody" there and that I "must not participate".

As I said before, all this started only when I eventually "opened" my mind (again).

I don't really feel threatened by all that since this is MY house and I am living here now (I am a very self-conscious person).

I've made up my own mind already, but I'd really like to hear your opinions and advice about what you think this might be and what I should/could do about it.

P.S.: I know about Rook's cleansing ritual of course, but I didn't use it (yet) because I don't really feel threatened until now - just a little uneasy.

Other hauntings by cecil04

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cecil04, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-11)
hey cecil04, I'm wondering if maybe the dreams you had after first moving in, of the rotting couple on the bed weren't precognitive dreams. With you having the "gift" and at that point having tuned it out for the sake of your family and yourself, maybe it was perhaps a kind of warning of things to come and all the other things happening with your wife being there and then lessening once she left, it definately sounds like someone was trying to give your a heads up.

I'm so sorry for the turmoil you've been through and sincerely hope that life is making a turn for the better for you. Stay strong and stay "tuned" because it seems they are only looking out for your best interests. ๐Ÿ˜
cecil04 (6 stories) (62 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-17)
wow it's almost 1 year since my last visit here and as I promised I will keep you updated about the story!
Not sure if anybody will read it, but at least I can hope so...

I moved out of that place on august-18 2012 into another - really "clean" - house! ๐Ÿ˜Š
That time I decided to break all sorts of contacts or "sensings" about the paranormal for a good amount of time which is also why I stopped visiting this page.

But now i'm back on here and I re-read this story and all of our comments to it.

Looking back, I now know very well about why (!) the last happenings happened (those from june-2012) - it was not because of a "threat from the spirit world" but more because of a warning of some sort.
<they> just wanted to get my attention because of some matter and the merely "sensitive" attempts of doing so (only slightly opening doors, knowingly (?) not making me that much scared) tell me now that they maybe cared more about my well-being than me being frightened!

The thing is this:
If I remember correctly, the most negative actions back then got less since the time when my wife left for another country. She went there for work for 1 or 2 months...
Looking back, as soon as she was gone those things/happenings more or less changed from aggressive to attention-seeking in their nature.

But for what purpose would "they" do that?
Well, I found out that my wife was cheating on me during that "working trip" for as long as 6 weeks and that she probably even had planned that before!
I've been very angry of course, we had tons of fights and so on, the relationship was as good as at its end...

But what the point is; now (almost 1 year later) I am sure that I just misinterpreted many things back then!
The hatred coming from upstairs, the "bad luck" coming to all of us, the overall negative vibes in the house, and so on...
They all did come for a reason. And as I said, they mostly stopped or lessend, as soon as my wife left the building (this is only my rough memory talking here!)

I do however think that many of those negative influences came indirectly frome the "spirit world".
And I would not wonder if those came as a "warning" to me to be careful rather than a purpose of harming me.
I can never be sure of course... But as I said; looking back, it makes good sense to me like this.

You still see me puzzled about that old story of mine lol, and in fact it still keeps me thinking really.

What do you think?
cecil04 (6 stories) (62 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-28)
a very small but decent update, just because of a happening that occured not less than 10 minutes ago here in my bedroom, and because this had happened for many nights already after my last rook-ritual.

I did the last of rook's cleansing rituals around 10 days ago (it worked fine) and also I tried to "force happiness in my home" by playing happy music, spreading good smells, and so on!
I also brought the family together a little more - we don't really have weekly game-evenings now but well hey, we're at least a little bit closer now, we really are!
I did all that and I really did it with all the positive devotion I had!

(I do take this really serious, for all of you who don't know my posts or stories...)

But just an instant ago, somebody tried - again! - to "slightly"/"very slowly" open my bedroom door-knob!

My doorknob is a typical "american" doorknob, and you can hear when somebody moves it, even before touching the point of mechanism that will actually push and open the metal-lock-piece for opening the door.

Well now this happened again and it does for almost 3 out of 7 nights a week, always when i'm still awake, around 1-3 hours before I intend to go to bed;
I hear the doorknob move, then I look there of course and I even see it move until that distinct point where it would start hitting the lock's mechanics to really pull out the lock (I hope you understand what I mean, just that "strong force" when opening a door. My english is too bad to describe in better detail, please bear with me:/)
Just the sound you hear when somebody is touching the door-knob but not really turning it yet - i'm sure you all know it.

Then, because I thought one of the kids was awake and she needs water or something, I opened the door - but nobody was there.
And also no trace of a kid who played a trick (at 4 in the morning, hello?)!
I had heard the other door, the kid's bedroom door closing of course if they just returned there after a prank.
And at 3 or 4 in morning hello... Of course my kids are sound asleep!

As I said, this happens almost every night here in my bedroom; mostly in moments when I am awake to recognize them!
But after looking there and paying real attention, it's gone.
And outside: always darkess. Or a little light but everybody sleeping...
I already tried just leaving the door slightly open, for "everyone" who wants to come inside to be able to do so!
If I do so, then nothing will happen at all.
But if I keep it closed, almost everynight somebody is "in a shy way" trying to open!

I swear, I am 100% not imagining this or something like that, and it feels not threatening to me at all - it makes me just curious and it's (to be honest) the first time that I have "physical movement" in my home, which obviously (!) wants to tell me something!
I am also perfectly positive about this not being my children, because they have their sleeping times, and this is far off their bed times!

I am more than interested right now in what "it/they" really want or need!

To me it seems like "they" might be "touching them themselves forward" or something in the way - preserving a NON-scary way, but being interested or hoping for help... Something like that!
That's what my intention is, and also that's what I "feel" about them.

Hmmmm...

Feedback and advice from all of you would be highly appreciated!
cecil04 (6 stories) (62 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
the idea of "forcing" happiness into the house sounds very good and also plausible.
I will definitely follow that plan, thanks a lot stephyw2001!

Of course I know that economy is bad, that hormones can cause mood-swings, and so on.
I didn't mean to say that I connect all these incidents directly to the paranormal.
I can only speculate that this might be caused by the influence of some spirit (s), but what makes me confused is the fact that all these (negative) things happen in such a big number and within such a small timeframe!
Of course it might all be just a streak of bad luck...

Furthermore it makes perfect sense that frustration somethimes is nothing but a breeding ground for more frustration and negative energy to come.
So to say stephyw2001's recommendation sounds like a very promising solution in the first place!

About the cleansing ritual, well yes, probably i've just not been patient enough or I had wrong expectations.
I don't believe that I did it "wrong" since it worked pretty well each time I performed it.
I will surely perform it again (and this time more often and more patiently, hehe)!

Now about the spirit (s) themselves;
I can rule out that they are attached to me in the sense of "following" me from house to house.
Their identities are entirely different to my previous encounters.
The thing that they are attached to is definitely the rooftop. It happens only rarely that I can feel them/him inside the house, but almost every time when I am upstairs.
As I mentioned in another comment before, sometimes the feeling is so intense that I literally don't dare to climb the stairs to the rooftop.
There's one other family member who also reported that eerie "go away!" feeling to me (independently) and another one who can occasionally hear sounds of moving or falling objects upstairs.

Rook is right, it doesn't necessarily mean that this entity is malevolent, but definitely angry about something (I don't believe that it's the people living here)!

Having all that said, I really have the strong opinion that it makes us (the family) feel his anger in one or another way.

Well, thank you all very much for your advice, I highly appreciate it!

โค
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
Hi cecil04, reading your account I see you really do have a troubled life now within that house. I also like the idea of forcing happiness into your home-suggested by stephyw2001.

Hi cecil04, I've been through Rooks cleansing recipe a view times myself. Most of the problems with cleansing a house are caused by human error. I experienced a 'bad' error myself. Just remember like Granny said the cleansing method gets rid of negative energy because that is what it's all about. If you have an angry spirit it's best to try and cross it over. If you don't have the experience to do that then like suggested by Granny a medium will know exactly how to help you with that.

I totally agree with Rook that you have to split the paranormal with the logic. Everybody's having problems now with the economy and it's difficult times we all are going through now. When life gets tough it is most common and normal to be tens and negative at times and that emotions can slowly open the door for negative energy to come in again, and that is what we must fight all the time. There is no time spam for the cleansing period. One must be very alert on the fact to act as fast as possible if you encounter signs of weakness with the shielding and you have to repeat it with all your might and strength within you. Make sure you cleanse every corner. Don't even skip one tiny space and remember the attic and open everything that basically has a door attached to it.

We have weapons to use against these negative energies. We must just learn how to use it correctly sometimes. Any recipe turns out to be a 'flop' if it's not baked according to the ingredients and the method. It's the same with the cleansing. Take care. Trix.
๐Ÿ˜‰
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
cecil,

Thank you for the update. Being the one who's 'Cleansing' is most often referenced on site I thought I'd say a few things. You say you've preformed it twice, and each time it only seemed to work for about a week... What results were you hoping for? Complete 'banishment'? An end to any and all activity? Just what were you expecting?

Having used this method many times myself, and knowing how it works there are some things I'd like to either point out or suggest...

First: There is a chance that the spirit (spirits) may not be Negative / Malevolent in any way. However that doesn't mean it (they) are not 'angry' about something and this emotion keeps them in the home.

Second: If the spirit (s) are attached to an object in the home the Cleansing / Shielding will cause dormancy until the home has once again 'built up' enough energy for it (them) to become active again.

Third: I do not mean to offend you but the fact you and your wife have both lost customers may have more to do with the overall bad economy throughout the world and less to do with the paranormal, however the way you are reacting to the reduced business may be causing the Cleansing / Shielding to be less effective.

Forth: Your sister in laws pregnancy, at the 8 month mark, could be causing her to experience mood swings and this could effect may things including her relationship with her boyfriend. Your Mother-in-laws boyfriend cheating on her... Shame on the dirt bag, but do you really feel it's related to where you are living?

Now I'd like to go back to 'number two' in this list... In your original post you mentioned you've moved 3 times in two years...that's stressful enough and in each home you've experienced 'activity'. This make me wonder if this 'spirit' is not attached to an object you own... Either that or maybe due to the 'stress' of all the moves a poltergeist has attached itself to you / your Family. Heck maybe local folklore has a name for a spirit that acts like this.

Remember, not everything has a paranormal cause, some of it may be just bad luck, hormones (due to pregnancy) and a poor economy. If you truly do not feel threatened start a journal and see if you can separate normal from paranormal. You will have to make a conscious effort to 'change the atmosphere' in your home... My method can help, but it's not an 'insta-cure' (though it can help determine if a spirit or entity is Benevolent / Malevolent).

Keep you head up. If your Religious, say your prayers. If you have any questions, please ask them and please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
steph: Lol go to sleep yeh! Jkn ๐Ÿ˜† But in all I totally agree with you, forcing happiness in to a home definitely takes a bit of dedication but It will as you mention win over negativity, I love the ideas my friend! ๐Ÿ˜

Dan
stephyw2001 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
DUHHH taste, touch, sight, sound and SMELL. Is 10:15PM really past my bed time? ๐Ÿ˜† Sorry about that...
stephyw2001 (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
This may sound corny, but bear with me. Have you tried FORCING happiness into your home? I mean, literally submerge your home in constant happy surroundings:

Draw pretty pictures, have family game night (mandatory one night a week), constantly play upbeat, happy music with nice lyrics, play Disney or similar cutsy movies with positive results and quirky happiness. Cook something you like that you haven't had in a while. Bring lots of laughter into your home constantly. A positive mind frame will ALWAYS win over a negative one. It may take a little fighting at first, but after a while, everyone will succumb to the attitude change.

If you can, paint a room a bright color like light yellow, bring in fresh flowers, open windows. Place rose quartz in the farthest north eastern corner of your house, and place some amethyst by your bed. Plant lavender at your front gate, and keep a small bouquet of cut lavender in your room, by your pillow if possible. Place a photo of something you love in your pillow case. And always tell your family you love them and kiss them good night before you go to sleep.

Just a few suggestions, but these are things I live by and I highly suggest to others. You'd be surprised the way your entire mood changes when you put on soothing, or happy music. I can be totally angry, but I put on my Japanese Pop cd and suddenly I'm all bubbly and dancing in the living room. All your senses need support, so give it to them! Think about things that make each sense happy: Taste, touch, sight, sound and hearing. I'm sure if you try this for a while, things will shape up! ๐Ÿ˜
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
Cecil: I understand completely! ๐Ÿ˜Š...Well, sounds like there's just no dealin' with some people LOL... As the saying goes "misery loves company"... โค
cecil04 (6 stories) (62 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
i know zzsgranny, and of course I included my familiy and wife and kids aswell in the cleansing ritual!
But it didn't last for very long...

That "guy" is a very young boy (a teenager) and he still has plenty of energy to spend!
As of my understanding he is not really willing to learn or to be helped.

He "enjoys to be angry" so to say.

Shieldings failed.
Prayers (of my fellow religious friends) failed aswell.
My distinct "spoken rules" failed aswell.

So what else to do but leave?!

Frankly, I am not the "samaritarian of spirits" here - I love to accompain and help spirits, I truly do - but I also have my own life to live.
You understand?;)
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
cecil: Thank you for the update!...I only have one suggestion, other than moving ๐Ÿ˜Š...Try Rook's cleansing method again, and this time add in a cleansing for you and your family... His method really does't effect spirits that can be considered positive, so I think it's possible your spirits may need some help... Have you tried to contact a medium or paranormal group?
cecil04 (6 stories) (62 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
hm I don't know if anybody is still reading this story's comments but I promised to keep the readers up to date - so here's a little update!

I never tried to make contact with those spirits ever since but what I did was contact my grandmother and tell her (in detail) about the whole thing; she lives around 15000km away from my home, therefore the following I have to say will sound quite astonishing to you:
She said "you are right, there is a boy there in your rooftop, but I sense that he is much older than you think - he is in his mid-teens something already and he is VERY angry about something! Like you said he also has/had a little sister, but she is not angry at all."

I don't really know "how" she does that - sensing spirits across thousands of km away - but I have trusted her for almost 20 years about that kind of thing, so I am sure that she doesn't tell me a bogus story or something like that.

Nevertheless...
I am living here for almost half a year now and I have to say that - even though the house is really beautiful and comfortable - the lifes of everybody (!) living here have really changed mostly to the negative!

The people who live here are me, my wife, our two children (5 and 4 years old), my wife's sister, and also their mother stays here around 3 out of 7 days a week.

First of all I lost a major portion of my work projects and I am struggling to find more/new work and customers right now.
My wife also lost a lot of customers in her business and she had to go abroad lately in order to find a better job to be able to pay our bills.
My wife's sister became more and more aggressive sometimes (even to my children!) and she had severe trouble with her boyfriend (she is 8 months pregnant now)!
My mother-in-law got cheated by her husband not only once but 3 times in the last 3 months!

All those things have never happened before we moved into this house.

I have always been the one to keep a "blind eye" on some "spirits" here, you know that from my previous posts, and I have never told anybody except my wife's sister about my encounters and knowledge about this particular house.

But in the past few weeks even my wife (who knows nothing about what I know about this place) keeps on saying "ever since we moved to this house our life is going bad... Please let's move to some other place..."

Hmmm...
When talking to my wife's sister about the topic she stated that it might very well be that this was the reason for her "sometimes-aggressive" behavior (besides her pregnancy and hormones as a reason)...

And I also have to admit that this "eerie feeling" about the rooftop became MOST intense sometimes lately.
Especially when I come home late at night at around 1 or 2 PM, I sometimes have the urge to turn around to look to the stairway that leads to the rooftop, followed by a deep (!) feeling of fright, having me run inside the apartment as fast as possible!
It's quite rare for me to have feelings like this, but as I sad - since my last post here it didn't decrease but it became somehow stronger.
(not everyday, but just occasionally)

So, here's my update.
Every advice of you is more than appreciated!

In the end I think that maybe my neighbors' talks about "hounted house blabla" might be not as much blablah as I thought in the first place...

There definitely is something wrong about that place!

Ah and P.S. I tried rook's cleansing ritual twice! But the effort lasted for only 5-7 days each: (
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-18)
hey there cecil great post thanks for adding it.
It does sound like you have managed to sort everything out except the feeling you get on the roof area, but as you say you know rooks clensing so if that is what is needed then you should have that sorted out too.
Very interesting post, hope you find the answers your looking for soon
Carl
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-17)
Cecil,

Glad I was able to give you some perspective! If it will make you more comfortable and you have opened yourself up, when you are home alone, just speak openly to them letting them know like you said before that this is your home now. I would be kinder about it (not that you were not before) but so they understand they can be comfortable sharing as well and you know that they are there and are willing to help if they need it when YOU are ready though.

Hope this helps a little bit more ๐Ÿ˜Š

Blessed be โค
cecil04 (6 stories) (62 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-17)
thanks for your comments!

[at] Cocoa:
As soon as I can find out some tangible information I will share it with you, of course.
So far it's difficult to talk to neighbors because many of them are quite afraid to discuss stuff like that (very superstitious people, as I mentioned).
The only vague thing I hear is that "something had happened there a couple of years ago", so my only clue is that it cannot be too long ago.
From official sources I could find absolutely nothing so far, but i'm keeping on reading old newspaper articles on the internet...

About visual or audible occurances; no there were none, besides the occasional tapping footsteps once in a while.

[at] Mannerizms:
That's a good advice, thanks for that.
I did set those ground rules already and I think it works well, since I don't feel threatened by it at all (except the rooftop sometimes).
I don't plan on actively talking to them for now, because as you said the family is really happy here and I don't want to start something unnecessary - don't want to make my family scared or anything.
It's okay though if we respect and don't disturb each other, I have no problem about that!:)
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
If you don't feel threatened and you feel okay enough to try to talk to them see what's up? I would definitely set ground rules with them because you and your family are so happy there I bet that they can understand. Just let them get used to you and you them, they probably have had no one pay attention to them before.

Blessed Be โค
Cocoa (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
Interesting. Could you inform us readers about the history if you got up to that. Have you seen any visual hauntings? Heard any voices? Sorry for so many questions...I'm just curious to help.

Thanks! Cocoa ๐Ÿ˜Š

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: