You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: What's Under My Bed

Real Ghost Stories

What's Under My Bed

 

We lived in a little trailer Court in Bigler. I was about 5 years old when myself and my sister started experiencing unexplainable things. There were always a lot of strange things happening. We would see and hear things.

There was one occasion when someone / thing said my sister's name and laughed in our closet. Every night we would hear what sounded like boots walking back and forth through the trailer. But the thing that really scared me the most is the night me and my sister looked out the window and saw a black thing standing there. As quickly as it appeared it was gone.

Every night I would get ready to go sleep, my bed would start shaking very slowly then after a while it would shake faster. The first time it ever happened to me I ran out of my room and told my parents. They said it was just the washer and dryer. But the thing I didn't get was even when the washer and dryer were not on my bed would still shake. Eventually I started to sleep on the couch but the same thing started to happen which resulted in me sleeping on the floor beside my bed. I slept on the floor for over two years. I never slept on my bed until we moved out.

The house we moved into was a newly built house. Even though we moved I still did not on my bed that was until a few months ago. Still today nobody believes me but I know what happened. After the experiences is when I started to get really interested in the supernatural.

If you got any comments for me please leave some.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, John1997, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

John1997 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-23)
thanks for all the comments. And for a few of you who said it could be from the traffic it could not have been. I lived by the woods. There was no big roads close by.
Psychic (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-22)
I think you are like me can sense the paranormal. The dark shape could've been a shadow or a figment of your imagination. The bed shaking would make me SCREAM my head of I agree with samitheunicorn tho it could've been the vibrations from the road
criminalmindsfan3 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
john this freaking scary. 😨 this happened to me too 😢 I feel you. 😢
Shell1982 (70 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
I do wonder if it could have been something neurological. When jetlagged, I have experienced a feeling like the ground is shaking beneath my feet, like the earth is vibrating, but I was shocked to hear that no one else could feel it! It felt absolutely real. I have also heard other people say that they feel a vibrating feeling when sleep deprived. I wonder if it's just something that happens to you when you are tired, which is why you only feel it at night? 😕
ghostgirlforever (1 stories) (17 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
john, You have a Great gift and the fact that it was able to move stuff and shake your bed is a POWERFULL and UNNATURAL GHOST 😐
SamiTheUnicorn (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
Wow. When I was smaller and younger I was always afraid of the "monsters." I'm not saying that your lying, I believe you, but did you live close to the road? If so, it may have been some cars driving by and made your bed move.
If not, then there truly must have been something there. I don't understand the black figure outside of the window.

(And trust me, I don't blame you one bit for not sleeping in your bed! 🤔)
CuriousBeliever12 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-20)
I have always been afraid there is something under my bed. I think it's because I have a very vivid imagination, but to this day I still freak out from time to time as I have strong urges that something is going to grab me!
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-20)
I agree with Catface and mellybar, I wouldn't sleep on the floor no way no how. If the bed was shaking, the source would probably be from underneath. Catface, that is so caring and brave of you to of stayed there for your friend ❤, at 7 you must of been a bit scared too? So sweet 😁. Sometimes my bed shakes but I puts it down to lorries and trucks that pass by the house causing the vibration. Can I ask is it a gentle amount of shaking or rapid movements your experiencing?
Catface (7 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-20)
I have to say that I agree with Mel. If you're bed shakes on a night time, whether it comes down to a paranormal experience, or just something in your mind; Surely sleeping next to the bed on the floor would be your last option.

I have always felt my bed to be a safe haven, and it has storage spaces underneath, I cannot even fit my hand underneath the gap it leaves between itself and the floor. But if I felt that something was under my bed then the last thing I would want to do is sleep on the floor beside it.

When I was around 7 my friend claimed that something lived under her bed, so when I stayed the night, I slept beside the underneath of it for her. Nothing happened and I sketched it down to her being paranoid and being scared of my own house, but I would love to ask her if it still ever happened.

I hope that it stops happening to you and you get a peaceful sleep as that's what is the most important.

Blessed Be. ❤
mellybarr (4 stories) (46 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-20)
Hello John.

I had a similar experience when I was around the age of nine at my aunt's place. My aunt and uncle were out for the night and the babysitter was sleeping on the couch. I was sleeping in my aunt's bed with my cousin when all of a sudden I felt the bed start to rumble beneath me. I was petrified and thought there was something under the bed so I finally got the courage to jump out (as far as I could) of bed and sleep on the floor beside the couch in the living room.

Looking back at that experience now that I'm 36 I simply chalk it up to a very vivid imagination. I think that the mind is a very powerful thing that can convince the rest of the body that it's sensing something out of the ordinary when it's actually not happening at all. Also, living in a trailer might give way to other explanations such as tremors or passing traffic and such.

I'm not meaning to discount your experience because I had the same thing, but sleeping on the floor beside the bed that was shaking would be the absolute LAST place I would feel safe!

Thanks for your story.

Mel

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: