You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Who Is Always With Us?

Real Ghost Stories

Who Is Always With Us?

 

The story I'm going to say is not evil. It's about love which is forever, even after death.

It all starts after my grandma's death on March 7th, 1997.

We were a joint family; it includes my Grandpa, Mom, and Dad, Uncle (Father's elder brother), Aunt (Uncle's wife) and 1 month old sister (uncle's daughter).

My Grandma died of heart attack at the age of 45. She was suffering from a disease which made her unable to walk; she used to drag her leg and walked slowly. After her death, everyone in my family was depressed, especially my mom because she had great bond with my Grandma. So, everyone was warned to be careful for a year. (It's believed that the death person's soul/spirit is not free until its 1st death anniversary, they stay). After all the rituals, incidents started happening the same night.

Everyone was asleep and suddenly my aunt started shouting and came out of her room crying. Everyone came out of their rooms shocked, they asked what happened? She said that my grandma came in her room, grabbed her hand and said "Why didn't you make my favorite sweet rasgulla (Bengali sweet)?" and she disappeared. My aunt had red dark marks in her wrist like someone had grabbed her hard. They checked the room but nothing was there. My Mom said her to make sweets tomorrow morning and keep near any river or pond (it's in our rituals to make favorite food of the deceased person and keep them near river/pond). My Aunt did what was said to her and she didn't dream of my grandma again.

After few months, same thing happened to my grandpa. He came screaming out of his room, he had scratch marks in his chest, he said that Grandma and Jimmy (our dog who died 3 days before my grandma) had came to his room, grandma was smiling at him and Jimmy was playing and he scratched him. Everyone checked the room twice but nothing was to be seen. Suddenly they heard a sound. "Jimmy", Grandma called. "Bow, Bow," Jimmy's voice. Everyone was frozen; they searched the whole house but couldn't found anything. They spend that night in one room, awake.

Few months later, after I was born in February 1998, it was a quiet morning that day. My Grandpa, dad and uncle left home and went to their offices. My Aunt took my sister and went to market. My mom and me where alone at home. I was awake and playing with toys, she left me in bedroom and went to kitchen. She was cooking when she heard a voice, someone was singing a sweet soft song. Mom came running to check on me, what she saw made her terrified. I was asleep and my grandma was beside me, singing a sweet song, tapping slowly on my chest. She stopped, looked at my mom and smiled, she was gone again. Mom said everything to everyone. They thought it will get over because after few days it was going to be 1st death anniversary of my grandma.

It was 7th March 1998, all rituals were done. Everyone was relieved that Grandma is free now. But they were wrong. That day my uncle was returning from market on bike, when a truck lost his control and was about to hit my uncle. Someone grabbed uncle's hand and pulled him to side of the road. The truck crossed my uncle and crashed. My uncle was searching for the person who saved his life but no one was there, leaving the truck driver. The truck driver came to my uncle and asked if he was fine. My uncle only got hurt on his left ankle. The driver said "If that woman didn't pull you, I would have hit you and you must have died". My Uncle looked at him and just asked him how she looked like. He said she was wearing yellow sari and was unable to walk. My uncle came back home and said what happened to him. My Grandpa said "Your mom is protecting you all, she will never leave us".

Next night everyone was sleeping when my mom heard a sound like someone was dragging something and my mom knew. That sound use to come when my grandma use to walk. She knew she is walking inside that house. Mom was not able to sleep, she just said "Mom, please let me sleep" and the sound disappeared. Mom was smiling, said thanks to my grandma and slept. She didn't say anyone about this.

My Dad was the dearest to my grandma, she use to wave her hand on my dad's hair while sleeping. After her death, dad still felt like someone was waving its hands slowly on his hair. He knew it was her; he only shared this to my mom.

After that my grandpa sold that house, and we shifted apart. Grandpa, Dad, Mom and me came to Mumbai. My Uncle, aunt and sister went to Kolkata. (We used to live in Durgapur village).

Years passed but we still felt her; her presence was there. It was my 9th Grade when the most unbelievable incident happened to me. I was returning from my classes with my friends. Rohan, Afreen, Zehen, (names changed) and I were standing and talking. Suddenly my friend Payal (name changed) called me and she was across the road where we were standing. I was about to cross the road to reach her when I paused in middle. I was frozen of what I was looking at. My grandma was there in front of me smiling, tears in her eyes, and she whispered slowly "Sonai" (my nickname). My friends were screaming, shouting to move because a car was about to hit me, but I was unable to even move, I was paralyzed and couldn't hear what my friends were saying. My Grandma came slowly, took my hand and pulled me across the road. The car driver kept looking at me and went, but I was still looking at my grandma. She kiss my forehead and then I was distracted from behind, Payal came running to me, asking if I was fine, but I turned again to my grandma but she was gone, disappeared again. My friends were continuously asking me what happened but I was quiet.

I went home and started crying. I said all this to mom, and she said "It's her 16th death anniversary today". I went near her photo and whispered "Thanks for protecting me, Love you".

She was just protecting us, which she couldn't do maybe when she was alive. She is, and always will be, with us.

Other hauntings by maggirockz13

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, maggirockz13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Amna2 (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-22)
Hi maggirockz,
Your story was a heart touching story. I had never read this type of story in my whole life. I think she is with you now too. Looks like she's protecting you and other family members.It's so good! I hope YGS let's more people to publish these type of stories. A great, heart touching story! I was evenly about to cry. Do write more! ❤
Regards,
Amna
maggirockz13 (13 stories) (163 posts)
-1
7 years ago (2016-11-11)
Hi PureIndian,

Thank you for reading my story.

Regards,
Meghna
Pureindian (14 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-09-24)
So heart touching, its true some time I also had notice my real mother around me or sitting next to me touching my head or touching my hair, even I also feel that my real mom wake me up when am in tenssion or drunk. I can feel your feelings for your grandma
maggirockz13 (13 stories) (163 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-15)
Hi shelbyloree,
Even I'm not Aware that why red cloth is used and not any other colour,
My relative once said that red is a symbol of Devi (goddess), because we have to put that ashes into the water and water is goddess in our hindu believe so maybe that why red cloth is used.
Maybe I have satisfied you with my answer, but hoping to help you forward.

Thanks
Meghna
maggirockz13 (13 stories) (163 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-15)
Hi PriyankaMenon,
Hope so you are doing great.
About my Grandma, I tried a lot to communicate with her, but I failed everytime.
I can see her sometimes, in my dreams and also in real, smiling and crying, just whispering my nick name and then "Puff" she is gone again.
And I'm so glad that you read my story and also loved it.
Hope so your Grandparents also try to communicate with you.

Regards
Meghna
PriyankaMenon (2 stories) (41 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-09-15)
Meghna dear

Feeling very sorry about your granny's loss. But upon reading your story I realised many thing one I have already commented. Other Death cannot separate our loved ones. Till now I only heard this things, din't have proof, but now it is proved I have felt it. Your story has made me believe they are always with us.

Very sorry for you, but don't feel sad dear. They are united to us in spiritual realm which is full of love. We may not be able to see, hear or feel them, but they are always around us watching over us.

Sometimes trying to help through someone else. Because of this group I have learnt many things do keep publishing.

Priyanka Menon
shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-14)
About the red cloth, perhaps symbolism of the red came later?

Like the Royal blues of the Mediterranean - The term 'Royal Blue' came only after they had been wearing it for a while. The color came from hard to get snails living at the bottom of the sea, and only the Kings/Ceasars could afford the labor to get them.

The same could be said for the red dyes used for the death shrouds. Perhaps that was an expensive dye reserved for ceremonies. It couldn't have been too expensive though, the average family would have to be able to afford it, but not cheap enough for the every day.

I really don't know, just speculations. I don't even know what plant would produce that vibrant red honestly.
PriyankaMenon (2 stories) (41 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-14)
Wow maggie
I love this story, it's great, it's true love. It's good to know that she wants to protect you all forever. Since you all can see and feel her, try talking like a normal person to her, she will definitely feel glad. Even if you don't see her try talking to her photo or in your mind. If I were you I would have talked to her. I am telling you this, because after reading this I have felt an urge to talk to my own grandpa now.
Don't feel scared. Your grandma is determined to protect you all from all kind of harm, it's sheer out of love dear.
maggirockz13 (13 stories) (163 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-14)
Hi Roylynx,

Your Answer helped me understand my cultures too, I asked my mom about this after I read your comment, and she did said that what you said is also applies in our culture.
Thanks alot

Meghna
roylynx (guest)
+5
8 years ago (2016-09-14)
Shelbyloree, interesting! Well I am not a native but I do have their blood, I grew up as a random city boy, so not all my information is perfectly like my grandmother's.

Sweetsunshine1800, you welcome and I really will be grateful to be able to solve your questions!

Maggirockz13, what did I do, I just answered what has been asked, glad that helped and you are always welcome! Thank you for sharing!

Love from São Paulo

E.Lynx
maggirockz13 (13 stories) (163 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-14)
Hi shelbyloree,
Thank you so much for reading my story.

And yes, She was protecting us, maybe I have never met her because she dies before I was born, but listening her stories from my parents made me believe she was a fabulous person.

Thanks
Meghna
maggirockz13 (13 stories) (163 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-09-14)
Hello Sweetsunshine1800,

Thanks for reading my story,
And about my grandma, she was the most beautiful lady I have ever seen, when I saw her that day, her smile made me feel safe. And yes, we get to know many different thing from different people on this site.

And Roylynx,
Sorry, but I forgot to say you thank you for giving this new information on water goddness. It was really helpful. And don't be sorry if its not related to my story, but it really helped many to gain knowlegde on this.

Thanks
Meghna
maggirockz13 (13 stories) (163 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-14)
Hello Roylynx,
Thank you so much for reading my story.
And in our Hindu rituals (I don't know if your culture also does this rituals) first we do "Antim sanskar" (burn the body of deceased person) then after the fire is out and only ashes are left, we put that ashes in a vase shaped vessel and cover it with a red cloth (I don't know why it is covered with red cloth) and do all the rest rituals and then we put that ashes in any river to let it flow and dissolve (believe in our hindu culture that doing this makes the soul free) and keep food beside the same river and leave that place and also the most important thing to remember is after keeping the food and leaving that place, never look back because if we do, that means we have disturbed the soul and made him evil.
I don't know if its related to your comment or I have satisfied you with my answer, but hoping to help you forward.

Thanks
Meghna
sweetsunshine1800 (4 stories) (85 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-14)
Hello Roylynx,

Thank you so so much for this interesting explanation 😊 So much can we learn here on this site, about other cultures 😁

Have a good day!

Best wishes and,
Regards,
Sweetsunshine1800
shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-09-13)
Hurrah for grandma! That is wonderful she still keeps an eye on everyone.

Very interesting about the water, in both India and Brazil. It makes sense if water is the source of life, it would be the carrier 'home'.

Lynx, my husband is an orphan from Brazil, no one knows anything about his family. I looked up the Tapirape and the women look just like my oldest daughter. It's always great to find information like this, so thank you!
roylynx (guest)
+4
8 years ago (2016-09-13)
sweetsunshine1800, I considered that it will not be related in this story. That is why I had shortened the explanation. My grandmother is a Tapirapé and they are very close to nature and have a belief that everything is related to each other. Mainly their religion is like shamanism but as my grandfather said their thoughts are similar to Shintoism in Japan where they believe nature is full of gods and goddesses. About what I have written, Tapirapé believes that everything have spirits with them even the river, when people drink from the river, they are gaining energy from the spirit of the river, like we do spirits also would need to gain energy, where from?
Answer, from the mother of all waters, another word the Goddess of Waters.

Everything would be linked in such way so that the relate to each other, since we drink water we gain energy from the Goddess, that is why it is believed that when a person die, the energy will return to the Goddess that is why our spirit will become part of the Goddess of water.

That is how I have understood what my grandmother had told me, I was not raised in Põuđaŕ Family (lived with the tribe) like my father did so some of the knowledge that I know of might not be too clear

Sorry that it does not link to the story maggirockz13, I was explaining this to sweetsunshine1800.

Love from São Paulo

E.Lynx
sweetsunshine1800 (4 stories) (85 posts)
+4
8 years ago (2016-09-13)
Hello maggirockz13,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I really feel sorry about your grandma's death 😭 Your grandma just can't live without her family, that's why she's visiting and protecting you all through thick and thin 😊

By the way Roylynx, can you explain me about the Goddess of Water thing in your culture? I'm really intrigued.

RIP to your grandma maggirockz13 ❤

Have a good day!

Best wishes and,
Regards,
Sweetsunshine1800
roylynx (guest)
+4
8 years ago (2016-09-13)
Oh dear, my eyes are watering reading your story. My grandmother used say that in her tribe they believe that people will cross over through water, and will become part of the Goddess of Waters. As long as there will be water there are ways spirits can cross over, things like that I think.

Reading your story about the part where your culture will offer food for after life being totally made sense for me.

Some people say that spirits gain their energy from water. No matter where haunted spots are always high in humidity. Just some researches that I have done.

Your story is so heartwarming and I felt so sad for your grandmother.

Blessing from São Paulo

E.Lynx

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: