You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Possible Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

Possible Ghost?

 

When I was 16 my family and I lived in a house in Aloha, Oregon. It was a 2 story 3 bedroom house, not huge but not small. My mom and brother had their own rooms. My sister and I shared the master bedroom. In my brother's room there was a cupboard looking hole in the wall with a door that he put his bed against because we used to joke that there was ghosts in there (yes joke). My sister and my room was very big and had its own bathroom and walk in closet. At night everyone would be in bed and I had sleeping problems at the time, so I would lay awake for hours. We had an alarm clock about 5 feet from our beds on the opposite wall (the red face ones). Every once in a while the red light would go out for a quick second and appear again. I would play it off as an electrical problem but it kept happening. After a while It started looking more and more like a shadow (though I couldn't see an actual figure) passing by it. It happened a couple times a week. To the point where I would just not look at it.

One day (mid day) everyone was home including two of my friends and my brothers best friend. Everyone was down stairs about to have some hotdogs my mom had BBQ'd for us. All of a sudden we hear the radio turn on, full blast in my sister and my room. We all stopped dead in our tracks. Shortly after we heard a door slam shut. We were a little freaked out but the windows were open since it was a nice day and we thought maybe the window blew it shut. However my brother and his friend were already headed upstairs. By the time they got to the top of the stairs the dog was barking (very territorial dog) like there was someone in the house. However, they did not find anything strange upstairs besides the radio being on. They turned it off and we ALL left for the day a little freaked out. My mom found a new house about a week later.

I know that ghost stories are easy to debunk and I welcome it. I have another story or two as well, but I'll post that separately.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Queenzombie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

blood_barbie (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-11)
I have no idea how. I think the public library may have that kind of information. As for online, I've been looking for some legit ones, but could never find any.
Queenzombie (1 stories) (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-11)
Do you know of any ways to look it up besides google? Nothing came up that way.
blood_barbie (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-11)
That's a good idea. Please keep us updated on what you find. I can't wait to hear what you found. 😊
Queenzombie (1 stories) (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-11)
yeah I never did research on the house, I'm at work online so maybe ill look into it now
blood_barbie (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-11)
The same thing happened after my grandfather died. The radio in my grandma's room turned on to his favorite station twice. It might've been a ghost haunting but you said you moved shortly after, so it's hard to tell.
Queenzombie (1 stories) (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-11)
Yeah we all want to say ghost too but you never know. Although I have no idea what would make the radio turn on. As far as the door, I am not sure which one it was. All 3 bedrooms and the bathroom were near each other and only one was open which was the bathroom.
blood_barbie (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-11)
It sounds like there was a ghost there. Was it the door to your room that slammed shut or a different door? I would love to hear some more of your stories.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: