You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Demons Of Sleep Paralysis 3

Real Ghost Stories

The Demons Of Sleep Paralysis 3

 

The 2 stories I submitted earlier had to do with the most significant sleep paralysis experiences. However, the demonic attacks happened when I was awake as well. What I find interesting is that this attack happened while I was researching sleep paralysis!

We used to have internet access on a video game console in my living room, before we traded it in for another console. I would surf the internet on my television at night, as part of the relaxing process from the day. It was one night in particular, around 11 PM, when both my parents and brothers were asleep in their rooms. I was alone in my living room, reclining on my couch, researching sleep paralysis and reading stories.

I had found one website in particular, similar to this one, but was only about paranormal sleep paralysis experiences. Reading these stories naturally creeped me out and set a very eerie tone to the silence in the living room. I was about to shut the system off and go to bed, but I decided to read a few more stories. I began reading one, when all of a sudden I noticed a shadow out of the corner of my eye, right on the wall next to my head. Oddly enough, it was shaped like a crow. The shadow "swooped" down right on my head, and it was that instant that fear overcame me so severely I couldn't move. It was like the other experiences, only I was awake!

It was so bad that I didn't want to talk, because I could feel a presence all around me. I called for my father, who was sleeping in his room in the other side of the wall. I managed a few weak "Dad"s before he came out of his room. I explained to him what was going on and we commanded it to leave. It did stop, thank God, and we began talking about the experience together and discussing our theories. About 15 minutes after our talk began, my dad looked out the open window to our left, on the far side of the wall. He walked over and looked outside into our driveway and the rest of the street.

Confused, I asked him what was wrong. He explained how he felt the presence flee out of the window, and right past him! You see, I was skeptical in the beginning about all this paralysis, but after it happened when I was awake, and my dad felt it as well, I was certain something was haunting me!

Other hauntings by shadesboy9

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Rhode Island

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shadesboy9, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

shadesboy9 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-27)
Cerberus7, sorry for the 2 month late response, I have'nt been on in a while, but that is exactly what my experiences are like! They are extremely creepy and unnerving and I'm glad they are gone. Are you still having them?
Cerberus7 (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-12)
Wow... Thanks for telling this story... I'm new on here and have yet to sit down and write all of my experiences... There's been a ton. A few very similar to this one. I've been attacked by similar entities all my life... Not so much recently but it has happened at least once as recent as last year for sure. Fear is the biggest feeling I can remember in all of the incidents... Sheer panic when I was younger. Recently within the last 15 years it hasn't been so much able to affect me... I think due to the fact that I feel fear but don't give in to the panic... None of the attacks have been as bad as I remember when I was much younger. One thing that helped me when I was younger was focusing with all my might on a pinky or a toe... Seems as soon as I was able to move one with my own will it would all subside. I remember the worst incidents involved me trying to scream... And those would seem to last forever... With me whimpering a few weak unintelligible sounds and then being able to croak out a yell... Then finally being able to holler for my parents. But those were definitely the worst experiences I remember. I'd come out of those attacks sobbing usually. It's like I was punished by the thing severely for that kind of reaction. That's the best way I can put it. I still don't know for sure what causes this... I do believe it is a tangible entity that can be felt by more then one person. My father shared a similar experience as this one with me. He basically did the same thing your father did... But anyway I've gotta write about that story yet. Sorry about going overboard here. I'm not sure if it is a haunted house related experience but I can say that throughout my lifetime I've moved several places and it's always followed me... My grandmothers house did have a lot of paranormal activity in it when I was younger though. Maybe that's how it starts. I have had it happen just about every place I have ever lived except since I've been living where I'm at now. It also happened at least once I remember while I was deployed to Iraq in 2003... So maybe it's more of a thing that's tied to me? At least in my experiences. I don't know enough about it to be of too much more help than that. Sorry. Thanks for sharing though. Felt the goosebumps because I definitely can relate.
Scyon (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-24)
I agree with the others, perhaps this is an mix of sleep paralysis and demons or at least evil spirits haunting you, so you should try to get a priest too exersise your home or something.
hallyberrybro (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
Maybe the house isn't haunted and you are. Based on your stories and what you have told us it seems like its only going after you. Have you talked to your brother about this and asked if anything weird has happened to him? If not I would suggest that. Maybe "claiming your space" will work. Clense your house (maybe with sage.) and tell the entity to leave and that this is your space and they are not allowed to be there. After that if it doesn't get better I would get prefessional help to get rid of the entities in your house. Good luck, be carefrul, and god bless.
SONYA_N_SIBERT (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
That is some hard core stuf. I suggest that you ask a priest to come to your house and do an exersism to get the spirit out of your house, if that doesent help then you need to move out of that house. 😲

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: