You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Demons Of Sleep Paralysis 2

Real Ghost Stories

The Demons Of Sleep Paralysis 2

 

This is the second major experience I had after the black demon sat on my bed:

The experience with the black demon really bothered me, to the point where I (yes, at 19!) used an old night light at the side of my bed. It was about 2 weeks later and maybe a week after I started using the night light when the second major experience happened. I had little skiffs in between, like waking up paralyzed, but never actually saw anything except for feeling fear.

The night light was the kind that cast a warm, dim yellow light over the room, the kind that created a lot of shadows. It wasn't too bad though, and it always helped ease the fear. It was a night like that when it happened. I awoke, paralyzed again. I was sleeping the same way, on my left side, and my brother was sleeping in his bed peacefully. In the floor space between my bed and his bed were 3 short hooded figures. They were maybe 4 feet tall, and wore brown hoods. I promise all this is true, strange as it sounds. I knew I wasn't dreaming, but what proved it more was the fact I couldn't see my brother! Yep, these were solid figures, and they were blocking the view of my brother sleeping in his bed. The scariest past was the movements they were making: their heads were moving back in forth in unison!

It was like some strange dance. I couldn't speak or move, but the fear hit me so hard I wanted to scream. I remember praying in my head over and over, and eventually the hooded figures disappeared, and, like last time, my movement was restored, and I could see my brother. I instantly got up and walked down the hall to my parents' room. I woke my dad up and told him what happened. He believes in demons and sleep paralysis, so he believed me. We talked about it for quite a while, until around 5:00 am (it happened around 2:30 am).

I then went back to bed and slept into the afternoon, thank God. What confirms this as true even more is when I talked to an older friend of mine a few weeks after it happened. He said his sister had a similar experience with 3 hooded figures as well! This really confirmed it for me that they were demonic spirits!

Thanks for reading guys. There are a couple more stories to come!

Other hauntings by shadesboy9

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Rhode Island

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shadesboy9, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

daeuny1000 (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-27)
Interesting looking demons, I never heard of those demons. Anyway, always be brave in jesus christ and don't be afraid of them, although they might appear scary and strong, they are nothing to those who believe ib jesus christ. Thankyou for your story! Looking foreward for your next story!
sonri (2 stories) (91 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-24)
Thank you, shadesboy, frankly, I was quite proud of my pooh comment.
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-23)
No problem, sounded right though lol. Well just remember, whether real or not (and I am not saying it did not happen.) No one may know if they were truly evil or just something to scare you, i.e. Poltergeist.

Blessed be ❤
shadesboy9 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-22)
Javelina: It exists, I just can't find it. Its hard to find an article I read over a year ago.
shadesboy9 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-22)
sonri, very well said! And beautifully written, I might add!
shadesboy9 (3 stories) (19 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-22)
Mannerizms, thanks for the input! The only proof other than my own instincts and the fact I wasn't dreaming was that they actually blocked me from seeing my brother, so they were solid.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-22)
Thank you Mannerizms, but I was asking for the link to where ever it was the poster had gotten the idea that there are debates going on in the scientific community regarding the "presence" sometimes seen or felt during an episode of SP.
His statement alludes that there are those in the 'scientific community' who are aware of the effects people experience during SP, BUT, they are (allegedly) also of the mind that these could actually be demonic presences. And since there are no such links provided thus far, I am thinking there were none to begin with.

But thank you for trying!

Jav 😉
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-05-22)
Sonri,
I actually agree and believe most of what you have posted- It is obvious to me that life has intelligent design. As far as proving the Bible to be "real" from a scientific standpoint? People have been picking it apart to persuade others of "this" or "that" -or to fit their own agenda- for countless ages now. An ancient astronaut theorist could point out many passages that describe alien technology and contact- claming that it "proves" alien intervention... Where the ancient people misunderstood this technology as supernatural. While they do have a convincing point of view- it is still one that fits their own agenda.
sonri (2 stories) (91 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-22)
pjod. Hmmm...
Isaiah wrote the Earth is a sphere hanging upon nothing
Science proved that an embarrassingly short time ago.
Stories of a great flood, prevalent throughout the earth, mirror the Biblical account.
Kings found only in the Bible that were doubted to exist because of no surviving records, were found to have really existed. Please, dont' make me look this up.
God instructed the Hebrews in hygiene practices, that science flagged in resulting in epidemic after epidemic. Like burry your pooh, duh. And dead things are unclean. Really? Yes, people had to be taught these things apparently, by God, and still did not learn. Thousands of years later and proper sanitation is still an issue all over the world.
The tilt of the earth, its distance from the sun, the precision of this mathematically designed universe staggers my mind.
The fact that our very survival depends on so much cooperation and love, how everything in nature seems to reflect a loving creator. Gold and emerald green patterns on the bottom of a bugs feet. The perfection of a butterfly's wing. The human face. Our ability to enjoy so many things at so many levels. Taste. Sight.music. The whip-por-wil. The fact that without light there is no color. A truly nice hug.
I know I got off track, with the science theme but science attempts to make sense of all the pieces of this world, and to me when you add them all up; it points to a loving ingenius Creator. Darwin mentioned survival of the fittest twice and Love some 90+ times. Well, God is love.
All you need is love.
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-21)
I think I found the link for you Jav, http://www.pickthebrain.com/blog/sleep-paralysis-what-it-is-and-how-to-avoid-it/

If I get in trouble so be it, however, I do think that this was SP and I can't say that those hooded figures were necessarily demonic, have they given you any proof other than the hoods and the SP? I am not doubting your story for a minute so please do not think that I am. I would just like to see all aspects, creepy story through and through though!

Thank you for sharing!

Blessed Be ❤
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-21)
Sonri says "The bible is real, as proven time and time again, astounding the dubious scientific realm, making me laugh..."

With all due respect, how exactly has the bible been proven real? While I am of the belief the New Testament is truth, It is still only my belief. It is called faith... No one has confronted the scientific community with evidence- If anything, the very few artifacts available have not been able to be proven hoax... And that is as far as it has gone, unless I have missed some extraordinary event?
shadesboy9 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-21)
robertar: That is indeed quite disturbing! And yes, there were some more experiences, but as of late nothing has happened, because of the prayer. You are completely right. There are still opinions that is wasn't demonic though, so I don't want to ignore those opinions.
robertar (223 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-20)
I remember a story My older brother once told a friend about a dwarf like blue guy coming into the room, telling him, "be quiet kid" It's disgusting how often they like to harass small children - the quality of character of a child molester.

If you consider praying to God before you go to sleep, you might find that they won't come. I suspect that they can't.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-20)
[at] Queenzombie.
What you are accusing me of doing has me confused.

"[at] Javelina:
First, one of my BIGGEST pet peeves is someone who straight up tells another person what they experienced is not what they really experienced. Who are you to do that? Opinions are opinions. EVEN with the scientific theories and studies behind what you are trying to say does not make what shadesboy9 experienced not real."

I believe you may have misinterpreted my comment. My original intent was still in effect with my second comment on this thread. And my intentions are still the same. Shadesboy made this statement:

"there is a lot of debate in the scientific community as to whether or not is is demonic spirits or or hallucinations caused by the brain. Some argue that it is you just dreaming while awake, and your brain creates the images, others say it is demons."

I challenged that statement, specifically the part about the "debate in the scientific community". I did not question the experience he wrote about here.

Jav 😊
shadesboy9 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-19)
very true, sonri. Very true. Read my first story, I don't how that one could be fake!
Queenzombie (1 stories) (39 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-19)
[at] Javelina:
First, one of my BIGGEST pet peeves is someone who straight up tells another person what they experienced is not what they really experienced. Who are you to do that? Opinions are opinions. EVEN with the scientific theories and studies behind what you are trying to say does not make what shadesboy9 experienced not real.

Second, A lot of these stories I have red the demon/ghost (whatever it is) leaves as soon as its acknowledged. Right? So, as far as the sleep studies go... Why would a demon appear in mid study? I'm sure they know that there are people watching whoever it is they want to haunt. Right?

[at] Shadesboy9:
As far as S/P goes... I believe from these stories that there are people who have regular S/P with the encounters and its really just a sleep disorder AND I believe some people who are experiencing S/P are really experiencing it because of a demonic (or ghostly) force. Anything is possible right?

[at] Rook: You make me laugh HA.:)
sonri (2 stories) (91 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-19)
Don't let others convince you that demons aren't real. I'm not saying anyone here has tried. Jesus and his disciples cast out many demons in the Bible. And the Bible is real, as proven time and time again, astounding the dubious scientific realm, and making me laugh at their incredulity.
Disclaiming the very existance of demons is like calling the Messiah a blatant liar, and to my mind that's blasphemy. May God have mercy on those decieved by the Devil and sprending his lies for him.
Now, whether this was a demon, I don't know. But when the brain is lacking oxygen due to apnea; I would say any number of visions and sensations are possible. You seem confident in your demon theory due to the similarities in your friend's sister's account.
Maybe, you should attempt to talk to her first hand? The little hooded creatures, turning heads in unison, seems too farfetched to be coincidental tricks of the mind. Good luck to you Shadesboy.
shadesboy9 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
Javelina, I appreciate your input, and will post the link as soon as I can find it. Its been almost a year. In the meantime, read my first story. Just type in The Demons Of Sleep Paralysis, Experience 1
shadesboy9 (3 stories) (19 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
zzsgranny, it makes sense. I haven't had to go through the smothering sensation, but I do have apnea, and I do have moments when I'm half awake and I'm aware that I can't breath right. Its awful, and I can't change it until I wake up.

There is that battle in brain as well. Our human logic says it was just the mind, our feeling say it was a ghost/demon. Who knows? Its scary nonetheless.
Thanks for the comment!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
I had a discussion recently in a facebook group about this subject... I have suffered many, many episodes of S/P...I see who we call "the Hat Man" during a lot (not all) of these episodes... I saw him before I ever knew who he was or anyone else even had the same episodes... I won't post the stories, though, because I can't be sure if they are paranormal experiences or not... My gut tells me they are, logic tells me otherwise...

But in my opinion, (and as far as my own experiences) if they are indeed paranormal in nature, he's not a demon... As frightening as it is, I'm not afraid of him as much as the feeling of being smothered...Don't know if that makes any sense...
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
shadesboy9,
Not all of these reported experiences are SP. Those that are NOT SP are the rarities. I also know that when it is SP, it does seem real to the person experiencing it. Why do you think there are so many of these experiences reported here? I would like to see some of the people that are so vocal about the information they picked up online to prove their point, go the other direction sometime with their so called "research" into the subject. And do some HONEST reading on the type of websites that deal with the phenomenon in a more practical and SCIENTIFIC manner. Simply looking for others that agree with you is not an honest search. And merely saying you tried looking into those websites, knowing you only scanned it for what you wanted to hear and then left when you found what the actual cause was for the majority of these experiences, is not honest research.
There is an actual PROVEN physical and medical explanation for it. There are hundreds of sleep studies going on at any given moment, with trained researchers and medical personnel monitoring cause and effect, gathering data, recording every aspect of what occurs during each episode. These people care about what they do. But I have yet to read about any one of them reporting it as demonic harassment.
And Do Not misquote me here either. I do believe there are cases that do not fall into the SP category. I do believe there are spirits that want nothing more than to harass and make trouble. I just don't believe that ALL these cases fall into that category.
Ignorance is no excuse here. The proof is out there, you just refuse to believe it could have happened to you.

Jav
So once again, I ask you to provide a link to this information you insist exists.

Jav 🤔
shadesboy9 (3 stories) (19 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
Javelina, the link for the theory on half asleep dreaming is called: Sleep Paralysis, What is it and How to Avoid it. I don't want to put the actual link up in case I get in trouble. As for the demon part, I honestly don't remember the link, as I read a year ago when this all happened. I can tell you that it was a scientist who also claimed to be religious, and was debating what sleep paralysis was and if it could be demonic and not a natural phenomena
shadesboy9 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
bereal25, that's freaky! Sleep IS when we are at our most vulnerable. I did however experience a paralysis moment when I was awake. I'm going to send it in soon.
shadesboy9 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
Jack86, yeah, I'm sure a lot of people make stories up from other stories. I probably would have though sleep paralysis was bogus before I actually experienced it firsthand, but now I know its real, even if it isn't demonic and just hallucinations.
Jack86 (1 stories) (44 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
Yeah I mean you hit Google and you see a thousand reports about this, some downright weird and some that sound far too familiar.

The possible causes stretch from astral projections to demons to alternate realities to a hidden dream message...

Each to their own, but one thing is for sure whatever brings you peace be it a bible, a ritual or a medium USE IT for the simple reason no one knows what's right and what's wrong in these cases
bereal25 (1 stories) (22 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
Just wow! Sleep paralysis has always fascinated me. I truly believe we are most vulnerable and sensitive to spiritual activity while sleeping. I had an experience last year. I opened me eyes, felt a presence and couldn't move and I heard as clear as day right in my ear, "don't wake up ". I felt the hot breath on my ear as these words were spoken. I was alone in the house and when I managed to. "wake up " the presence was gone
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
shadesboy9,
I have a question about what you just posted here. Could you please supply a link to wherever it was that you found this information? You have made a very bold statement and are putting it up as fact.
Your words here:
" there is a lot of debate in the scientific community as to whether or not is is demonic spirits or or hallucinations caused by the brain. Some argue that it is you just dreaming while awake, and your brain creates the images, others say it is demons."
It would surprise me to find anyone in the scientific community willing to say anything close to what you are claiming to have been said. Specifically "others say it is demons". So please share where you got this information. A credible source is what I am looking for here, not hearsay.

Jav
shadesboy9 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
Jack86, interesting article. We don't know much. The first experience might have been a shadow person, but it seemed solid, as I was able to just barely touch it
shadesboy9 (3 stories) (19 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
rookdygin, there is a lot of debate in the scientific community as to whether or not is is demonic spirits or or hallucinations caused by the brain. Some argue that it is you just dreaming while awake, and your brain creates the images, others say it is demons. I say it is demonic because: 1, the physical impression it left in the first story, and 2, I'm a religious person. I do appreciate your input, and thanks for the cleanse!
Jesus_soldier (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
Bro, I understand how fearful it can be at first, but you have to stand up against these spirits, demon or not. Any evil spirit will use your own fear against you. If I had a great amount of fear from uncle ben on the cream of wheat box, then its a good chance an evil spirit would appear in that form (yeah its off the wall, but you people know how unpredictable spirits can be haha). If you minimize that fear, they kind of remind me of a skinny kid pounding on your chest crying "I hate you".

(2 Timothy1:7) For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

😆 That was funny Rook.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: