You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Mr Brightside Is Back

Real Ghost Stories

My Mr Brightside Is Back

 

So, I've written about a couple of experiences of my friend visiting. Well... He's back and I'm so glad!

I just want to start by saying that the past couple of months have been a particularly hard time for me... I've had a lot going on. The main thing being my fiancé cheating on me then running off with the woman...

(Bare with me, it all ties in lol).

Now I'm feeling a lot better I've noticed some things going on again. Things moving, hearing things fall.

I was bent over the other day and felt a slap on my backside, only me and my dog in the house at this point. I smiled and said "Hi *friends name*" then felt someone stroke my hair.

One day last week, my dog randomly groans gets up off the sofa walks to the other sofa and rests his head on it (like a dog would rest their head on someone's lap) and wags his tail. I said hi to my friend again and added " my boy likes you!"

Then, two nights ago, I dreamed of him again... It was like he was waiting for me. I didn't answer a door, he was just there... He wrapped his arms around me, I wrapped my arms around his neck and cried and cried and cried. He rubbed me briefly on the back grabbed my shoulders to push me back to look into my eyes and said "It's going to be fine, you're going to be OK." He pulled me back into the hug, held me tight and said "He didn't deserve you, I'm so sorry hun." The fact that he hugged me for so long was kind of a miracle, he never was one to show too much affection. He showed it by making fun of you...

He must have known I needed him. Now every time I think of this dream, and how he came through for me yet again, I cry. I miss him so much!I'd give anything to see him again for real.

It's his birthday in a couple of days too. He hated fuss but was always such a "Look on the bright side" kind of guy... I call him Mr Brightside because that was his favourite song...

Other hauntings by Jennilou87

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jennilou87, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jennilou87 (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-18)
[at] Jubeele,

Thank you for your kind words.

It means a lot that he's still around... He would be... Always there to make fun of me if needed lol (in regards to the smack on the bum). I found it a little, not weird as such, that my boy would go rest his head on Mr Brightside, he never was that into dogs lol. But he was a kind man.

I've moved house now. We moved out at the beginning of May and into our own place. Then I've obviously moved again since he cheated and left... So no more Phyllis. I'm currently living with my very awesome friend in his house... He has at least one ghost here as well... Although, I'm starting to wonder if it's me that's haunted not the properties I move into... I was living in a place, shall we say, that isn't what most people consider to be a normal dwelling, and I'm pretty sure that no deaths have occurred there, and weird things kept happening there.

I'm not sure if I'm a bit of a beacon tbh, these things always seem to find me and I'm worried that it might invite something malevolent to me... I can pick up on presences quite easily, but as for figuring out who they are, I have no clue... I would like to see if I could develop this "talent" but, as I say, I'm worried about inviting something darker in...

[at] catleyablu

Thank you for your kind words also. I always play Mr Brightside (awesome song!) around his birthday and around the anniversary. He's always been there for me. Maybe even times when he shouldn't lol... Like about two months after we split up and he gave me a kick up the backside, which was just what I needed at the time!

In regards to the ex, yes, I whole heartedly believe Karma will pay him a visit in a big way too!

Kind regards guys, JenniLou
Jubeele (26 stories) (886 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-16)
Dear Jenni, I'm saddened to hear that things didn't work out for you and the ex. The Other Woman probably got the "scrapings" at the bottom of the barrel.

I've just read your previous accounts to get a better understanding of your experiences. Your Mr Brightside appears to visit you in your dreams when you needed comfort and reassurance. He was also reaching out to you in other ways: the cheeky smack on the bum, the touch on your hair and your dog interacting with a friendly presence. Take comfort in that. You're much loved.

Is your resident ghost, Phyllis still around? Pity she didn't spill that coffee over Gino!

Come hang with us for a while. Have a chuckle or two, and share a few comments along the way. Be Well. ❤
catleyablu (17 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-14)
Hi Jenni! I loved all of your entries about Mr. Brightside (also one of my fave songs). This just proves how loved ones are and will always be there when we need them most <3 how nice that you had someone to comfort you and what a jerk your ex is, karma is sure to pay him a visit. Smh. Thank you for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: