You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Dark Hooded Figure In Ga

Real Ghost Stories

Dark Hooded Figure In Ga

 

Hey everyone! This is my first experience I've posted to the site. I've been "lurking" on here for some time now just reading everyone's stories, when it dawned on me that I have on of my own!

I don't really know how to start this one off. This event happened several years ago. I was 16 at the time. I'm 22 now. I don't think about it often, as it has stopped being so freaky to me since the years have passed. But every time I tell someone about this occurrence, no one understands what it is. So maybe since you all have had some sort of experience, you can help me.

It was summertime. My family is from Middle Georgia and we had a camper at a campground down in Vienna, GA that we would go to on the weekends. We spent every weekend there just about. It was a lot of fun to me because there were kids my age there and we could come and go as we pleased since it was a safe little campground right off the Flint River. I had several friends down there, but for some reason this weekend no one was doing anything except for my friend Josh, who was 16 at the time. We were pretty close. He's like an older brother to me.

Anyway it was late at night, I don't know why I was up even (probably just being a rebellious 16 year old staying up watching TV haha). Josh was up too and texted me, asking if I wanted to go ride dirt roads in his new truck. It was really late, like 2 am late, but my mom and stepdad knew and trusted Josh, so did I, so it wasn't a big deal. I met him at the end of the campground since his truck was pretty loud. He picked me up and we went riding. We didn't go very far before he decided it would be best to go back to the campground just in case cops were out and we would get in trouble for being out past curfew.

There's a little store in the campground where you can go eat, buy fishing gear, things like that. He parked his trucked there and we sat and talked about what he should do about missing his ex-girlfriend. Now it was closer to 3am by the time all this happened. (Not sure of the exact time.) Josh is also a short guy. He's probably 5'-5" and 125 lbs. I'm about the same, only I have an inch on him. Well, this little guy has a huge lifted truck (you know how southern boys are!). It sat on 37 inch tires and was lifted a good 6 or so inches. As we were sitting there talking, the whole back end of the truck just dropped down and back up real quick. Almost like someone jumped on the bumper. Now remember, this is really late, with no one was up (the campground mainly has older couples in it with older children, plus it was pretty deserted that weekend), and we were in a well lit area, so we could see around the truck since we were in the middle of the dirt cul-de-sac type in front of the store.

As soon as this happened, we both immediately stopped talking and looked back to see who it was. We couldn't even believe what we saw. There was a very dark figure at the back of the truck. It looked like they were standing on the bumper, but they didn't come up very high over the tailgate (estimating that they probably weren't but about 4 ft tall. The weird part was, that the "figure" was hooded (sounds so clichΓ©, I know, but it was). We couldn't see a face or anything, just an outline. Kind of hefty but not huge or thin. After seeing this, which happened in a split second, I turned to look back at Josh and asked him if he saw that too but he was already out the door walking back there to see what it was! I freaked out because I was afraid this "boogie man" (as my dad called ghosts, haha) was going to get me. I lock my door, fly to the middle of the truck, and yell for him to come back in! I didn't even know what he was planning on doing by going back there, but he isn't afraid of anything. He came back in the truck and I asked him what he saw because he looked terrified! He said he didn't see anything. (I think that's what scared him the most.) I has also looked around to see where the "figure" had vanished to, but didn't see anything. I think we would've seen a person if they were running to hide because it happened so fast. Plus, who would be out that time of night in a dark hood? It's not a high traffic area at all.

We decided to leave from where we were. We went down the road closer to his house but we were both so freaked out we just decided to call it a night and he dropped me off. We only spoke about that a few times after it happened. We didn't tell anyone at first because we figured no one would believe us. Plus it's hard to start out a story by saying, "Well me and my guy friend were out riding dirt roads late one night", haha, cause everyone thinks other things by that point! I think what scared me the most is Josh isn't afraid of anything so to see him so scared really freaked me out. The figure was scary too, but I didn't get the sense of anything evil, just spooked the life out of both of us! Since then I have told several people of that story, everyone gets freaked out, but no one has had anything similar happen. It's a pretty good story to tell now that I'm not afraid of it anymore. At the time, neither of us had any recent passings, nor were we under any type of influence. Maybe it was just a ghost having a little fun scaring two kids who should've been home at that hour! We will never know.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed my story. If you have any questions, please ask. Or if you've experience anything similar, please share!

Other hauntings by lcturner3

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lcturner3, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

gstar08 (4 stories) (7 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-22)
Thank you for sharing your story- Sorry I won't be much help as I have not experienced anything like this. I would be just as scared as well.

Please share more stories if you have any.
lcturner3 (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-22)
tempestmoong - Are they not so funny about their trucks? It's funny how they care so much about them! I think the main reason he got out was because he didn't want anyone messing with his new truck! Haha. Thank you for reading! 😊
lcturner3 (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-22)
MizMiMi02; Haha I think so too! It sure did work though! I was afraid to be out that late after that for a while and needed a group with me! Thank you for reading and commenting!
lcturner3 (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-22)
Ghost-R-Us...why do we do this to ourselves? I love reading these experiences, but I will do it when I'm at home alone in the dark! Then my puppy will come by and scare me! Haha, thank you for reading!
tempestmoong (3 stories) (33 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-21)
Well I just have to say that I know a guys here in Michigan that are exactly the same way about their trucks.
My husband is one of them.
I really liked your story.
I have to agree that it was just playing with you.
I have to say that if it was the spirit of someone from the area they knew that you were out way to late and was just reminding you of the time. LOL πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
lcturner3 (3 stories) (17 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-21)
Mind_wide_open - I agree! I think that experience sparked my interest in the paranormal. Thank you for reading! 😁
MizMiMi02 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-21)
Great story! Maybe it was "it's" way of saying "Look buddy, it's late. Shouldn't you be in bed? Ok, well let's make that happen real quick like!" LOL I loved this one.
lcturner3 (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-21)
Jav -
Thank you for reading! Like I said in my story, I haven't seen anything like that since then. So I think it was just a spirit having some fun! Cool experience though!
lcturner3 (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-21)
Haunted_Cleaner;
That's funny that you scare them! I would only hope if I'm ever in a situation with a spirit that I surprise them as much as they surprise me!
Ghost-R-Us (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-19)
Wow! Great story! This gave me chills just reading it! (Its late at night, and I'm one of the biggest scardy cats EVER, haha) But I am so interested in ''paranormal'' activity. Thanks for sharing!
mind_wide_open (1 stories) (14 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
Its amazing how something that scared us so bad when we were young can make us so curious and filled with wonder and awe now. Great story and great writing.

Mind_wide_open ❀
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
lcturner3,
Now that is eerie and cool at the same time. It reminds me of the strange things I've had happen in the forest late at night as well. There are some spirits, as hauntedcleaner pointed out, that just love to have a little fun with us.
Thank you for sharing.

Jav 😊

~I think there are many of us who started out as lurkers here. I know that I was reading along for nearly a year before I finally decided to join. 😁 ~
Haunted_cleaner (7 stories) (23 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
Icturner3
About their faces.
I can tell you if they were attractive when alive then there faces are attractive if not... Well.
A lot of times I see more expressions than specific features. (usually suprise) I think I scare them a little πŸ˜‰
lcturner3 (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
Sonri - It's strange isn't it? Mind boggling! It's amazing too how so many people have had encounters, yet there are still non-believers.
sonri (2 stories) (91 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
I don't know what their agenda is, or why they do the things they do. But the scientific side of me is very interested in this fabric of space they seem composed of. Their molecules can stretch so very far and yet remain connected. Its fascinating. When they pull themselves together they can have such weight and visible density. Fascinating. I have to say, for me, they're of God's most beautiful creations.
lcturner3 (3 stories) (17 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
Spockie - Pretty positive. Like 99%. Josh grew up in that area and knew everyone who lived there. Plus I would think that they would show themselves to us after it happened. Atleast if I play a joke on my friends I always let them know.

Also, it was very late. We didn't see anyone out while we were pulling up and it happened right after we parked. It was just very creepy. The amount of time it took for them to hide wouldn't have been enough because we would've seen them. It could've been someone messing with us, but I just have this gut feeling that it wasn't.
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
Are you absolutely sure it wasn't just a mischevious person wearing a hoodie?
lcturner3 (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
Haha ngute80, they are a breed of their own! Thanks for reading!
ngute80 (220 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
Sounds scary! I agree it was something scaring you two. And yes I know how southern boys are, I live in ga πŸ˜‰. Thanks for sharing.
lcturner3 (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
Thank you for reading and replying to my story Haunted_cleaner! I think that's probably what it was too. I haven't seen the figure again and didn't anytime after that.

Are their facial features scary? I'm glad I couldn't see it's face thinking back, I probably would've really been creeped out! It was already scary enough!

Thank you for the compliments! That means a lot to me! I will have to jog my memory. I've had a few other things happen but this one was the one that really stands out.
Haunted_cleaner (7 stories) (23 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
Well from my experience it was just a spirit passing through that wanted to have a little fun with you!
I have quite a few practical jokers in my world. A lot of these spirits looked cloaked to me when I first noticed them, now I can see their facial features. Hmm... Maybe my vision has improved.
You tell a great story, have a good writing style and a great sence of humor! If you have any other experiences, please share! 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: