You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: I Saw My Dead Grandmother And Best Friend

Real Ghost Stories

I Saw My Dead Grandmother And Best Friend

 

I have been able to "sense" the presence of "spirits" in my childhood. The first that I can remember clearly happened when my grandmother died in 2001. I was the closest to her but I did not get to see her before she died because little children weren't allowed in the ward. She died without seeing me.

That night we went over to her house for the wake. My cousin and I where watching TV when I heard something telling me to look over by her room, and when I did I saw her looking at me and smiling. Then my uncle walked in front of me and she was gone when I could see again.

This experience with my best friend happened last year when she died in a car crash on November 19, 2011. Her name was Jelisa and she was a "gem of a person." When I got the news I was heartbroken. So that same day I asked God if he can give me an answer, if she is in his care, because I'm a Christian. I don't mean it in any way to offend anyone in any way.

She died on a Saturday and her funeral was on the Friday. That night I cried myself to sleep and the next thing I remember is that I was in her funeral, like how it was during the day, and I was crying and then this bright light started to shine on me and I felt peace and warmth and love. I never felt that way before. Then in the light it felt like a voice was talking to me. I was not really hearing a person talk. It was like it was talking but I was not hearing anything. It's hard to describe the feeling. Then the voice said that Jelisa is happy where she is, not to worry about her and to tell her mother and sister the same.

Then I saw Jelisa in her favorite lavender colored dress. She was looking at me and smiling like she always did when she was happy. She looked peaceful and happy and that made me feel better. I told her mom and sister what happened and they started to cry and thank God that she's safe.

Thank you for reading my story, it really did happen to me so you can comment if you wish.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nessa384, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

screamingsilently (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-28)
I really loved your story and believe me if that voice said that your friend is safe then I think she is safe
MistyDreams (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-27)
That's so sad, but God is looking after them now. I'm sure God is looking after my deceased second-cousin...
He was only 7. 😨
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-26)
nessa, a moving account of your experience. True love always exhibits itself even beyond life and death. Please read my story "My mother's farewell". It is really touching and you are blessed that both your grand mother and best friend. God bless you.
Keyl24 (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-24)
I know how it feels like to lose friends, I happen to be a DEA agent, all of the agents in my team were friends, I'd say family already, we made a bust on a 22 armed dealers and a shootout happened. There were 10 of us, we were able to gun down 13 and wounded 5 of them. The worst part was, 3 of our agents was killed, two of them were my best friends since I became DEA. I also happen to see them in the office late at night in their old desks. I never forgot those boys.
nessa384 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-23)
sorry for your loss, but happy that you got to see your family 😁
torresscotia (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-22)
I totally know how you feel. I to am sensitive an seen my son. My mom passed in a fire with my nephew 8, an my son George 7yr. I was at my ex,'s house after the fire with nowhere else to go cause that is where I lived with our children before I left an moved in with my mom.
It felt very uneasy in the house. Everyone slept in the parlor we were all feeling it. To make a long story short we heard a crash in the kitchen. A cup smashed that was on the table an when we both looked towards the kitchen my mom came threw the wall with both my son an nephew at her sides holding her hand. The next night I got up an went in my room to sleep an I was woken by the feeling of someone sitting on the side of the bed next to me. When I turned an looked it was my dead son with the most beautiful, peaceful smile I have ever seen. He was like in his 20's or so but gorgeous. I feel back to sleep an new he was safe an with god an my mom.
nessa384 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-21)
i don't think your annoying, she was 19 years, and thanks for all the comments. 😁
ghostgirlforever (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-21)
nessa384,
That story was very touching and heart breaking I hope your friend and grandmother the very best
Thanks lots😁

❤- ghostgirlforever
Midnight-Feast-101 (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-20)
That's really sad, but also very touching. Please don't think I'm annoying, but how old was your friend? ❤

Midnight-Feast-101
YureiGuy101 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-19)
a nice story, saddening at same time like but nice all same.!
Queenzombie (1 stories) (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-19)
This is very touching. A very close friend of mine died from being hit by a drunk driver and I often wish she would let me know how she is. I drive by the cemetery everyday on my way home from work. You are very lucky and I am very happy that you got to experience this. ❤
AllieAllison (28 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-19)
im glad you got to say good bye your lucky most people don't get the chance. 😉
Allison 😁
nessa384 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-19)
thank you so much for your comments, it really means a lot to me. I thought no would believe it, thank you again. ❤ ❤ ❤
richard17 (3 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-19)
im so glad to hear you got theanswer you were looking for sorry for your loss
Lola29 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-19)
I am so glad you got an answer and know that they are happy and in a better place. ❤
SnoWQueeN (5 stories) (100 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
Sorry for your loss. Its heartbreaking thing to lose your loved ones I am glad that they made it to say you goodbye...❤

~Nikky
mind_wide_open (1 stories) (14 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
Im so glad you got to say goodbye to both of them. Sometimes that little moment just means everything. Good story.

Mind_wide_open ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: